PDA

View Full Version : washing machine

Laura
18-Jun-06, 18:54
I have a zanussi jetsystem 1400 washing machine which is only a couple of years old. Every couple of weeks black marks arrive on white clothes after they have been washed but they were not there when the washing was put in the machine. My husband has checked the filter. Has anyone any ideas.

Chillie
18-Jun-06, 19:01
I have a zanussi jetsystem 1400 washing machine which is only a couple of years old. Every couple of weeks black marks arrive on white clothes after they have been washed but they were not there when the washing was put in the machine. My husband has checked the filter. Has anyone any ideas.

Might be something to do with the door seal corroding happened to mine a long time ago.

melted_wellie
18-Jun-06, 19:04
Might be something to do with the door seal corroding happened to mine a long time ago.yeah but Chillie if you remember,the problem resolved itself when you started keeping the coal in the bunker.

Ricco
18-Jun-06, 21:31
Could be the oil seal around the drum bearing. Ours went a few years ago an we started getting brown marks on our clothes. It wasn't until the dang thing sprang a leak that all became clear. Get a mech in to check it out - expensive I know.... but how much is peace of mind worth? ;)

katarina
18-Jun-06, 23:20

I've had that problem, yet after washing them again they would disappear (the stains) Never did find out what was wrong.

Laura
19-Jun-06, 20:34
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately the grey stains that have appeared on the clothes just wont wash out. Have tried everything.

Naefearjustbeer
19-Jun-06, 20:59
Our machine started doing that a wee while back. By any chance do you do most of your washes at 40 degrees? We did and that is the problem the water is not hot enough to dislove grease etc on dirty clothes and you get a build up in your machine. What we did was stick it on empty and did the hottest wash (95 degrees)the machine was capable off doing that seamed to sort it out and it hasnt happened since.

http://www.washerhelp.co.uk/usage_2.html#cl_q1

this link will give more info, saves a call out to a repair man or buying any new parts

Laura
20-Jun-06, 21:28
Thanks everyone. I spoke to a washing machine engineer and the problem is all my own fault. It is old washing powder clogging up my machine. Seemingly our water up here is soft and therefore we should only use 1/2 the recommended amount of washing powder and I know that I use more than the recommended amount. Also I should be putting the washing machine on once a month on a boil wash with no powder and no clothes in it to clean it out.

mccaugm
20-Jun-06, 21:44
Buy washing tablets and just use one at a time with a small amount of fabric softner. Also a suggestion by a washing machine engineer. I have done this for years and it seems to work well.

angela5
20-Jun-06, 22:49
Buy washing tablets and just use one at a time with a small amount of fabric softner. Also a suggestion by a washing machine engineer. I have done this for years and it seems to work well.

:eek: I put both tablets in and loads of concentrated fabric conditioner, i better cut back.