PDA

View Full Version : Public Toilets Thurso

davem
10-Jun-10, 13:14
Washing hands today discovered I had lots of cuts and nicks. Expected soap and got an alcohol based cleanser - ouch! Anything wrong with soap? - its worked for a lot of years.

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 13:18
I don't know about soap, but how about complaining to the council that their cleaner is drunk?

Dadie
10-Jun-10, 13:18
Thanks for the info!
I cant use the alcohol based cleaners on my hands as they break out!
I will now pack a bottle of liquid soap in my bag for such emergencies...
Bag=bottomless pit of stuff that covers all emergencies:lol:

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 13:40
If there is an issue with reactions to these types of cleaners surely there would be mileage in contacting the council about it? Is it not possible to email a complaint? Go for it, maybe they will look into it.

davem
10-Jun-10, 13:55
Good point - it was painful - never thought about allergies!

mrlennie
10-Jun-10, 13:59
I don't think even in hospitals they have an alternative do they?

davem
10-Jun-10, 14:05
Have to - C. Diff isn't shifted by alcohol so soap is what you need!

mrlennie
10-Jun-10, 14:11
I see I never noticed!

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 18:03
My wife carries a small bottle of handwash around all the time, it seems to be the must have thing for everyone in London these days. I have started using it now and then when I am out and about, I like the smell!

Alcowipes were used to wipe down a lot when I worked in hospital settings, and of course hibiscrub was everywhere.

Sad days when things we take for granted are gone, first the public phone boxes, then the post offices and now it seems a lot of public loos are going the same way too.

Swimmin pools and libraries are decreasing too, as well as playing fields, play parks and all the rest.

How the heck is the community spirit to prevail when the aperatus of community is being dismantled?

Arghhhhhh!

Bazeye
10-Jun-10, 20:22
My wife carries a small bottle of handwash around all the time, it seems to be the must have thing for everyone in London these days. I have started using it now and then when I am out and about, I like the smell!

Alcowipes were used to wipe down a lot when I worked in hospital settings, and of course hibiscrub was everywhere.

Sad days when things we take for granted are gone, first the public phone boxes, then the post offices and now it seems a lot of public loos are going the same way too.

Swimmin pools and libraries are decreasing too, as well as playing fields, play parks and all the rest.

How the heck is the community spirit to prevail when the aperatus of community is being dismantled?

Arghhhhhh!

Pubs as well. :~(:~(:~(