PDA

View Full Version : Helman Head

Saveman
10-Jun-10, 11:40
I'm looking at a map trying to workout the best way to get to Helman Head.......looks like tramping across some fields? Anyone been there? Know the best way to get there?

Even Chance
10-Jun-10, 12:04
Yep, have to walk doon there Im afraid. Dunno wheres best to park though. Ive never walked there, but passed it on the boat too many times to mind on!

Saveman
11-Jun-10, 10:50
Thanks........I'm wondering if you can park at Hempriggs House and walk to Helman head?

Anyone with any experience of visiting Helman Head?

Even Chance
11-Jun-10, 11:13
I had a better look at the OS map for you Saveman.
You have 3 options.
1. Park at the farm just North of Hempriggs House. (Barns)
2. Park at Hempriggs house itself.
3. Park at Toftcarl water treatment works.
All 3 options need a wee walk across a few parks, but its no at far really.

Hope at helps ya oot.

Amy-Winehouse
11-Jun-10, 15:09
Thanks........I'm wondering if you can park at Hempriggs House and walk to Helman head?

Anyone with any experience of visiting Helman Head?

Just out of curiosity Saveman, Ive passed Helman head many many times by boat & Id like to know why you want to go & visit it ???

In my experience there is nowt there worth seeing but for all I know you may be a bird watcher or a geology fan, why there & not brig o trams or sarclet ?

south view 7
11-Jun-10, 21:03
I'm looking at a map trying to workout the best way to get to Helman Head.......looks like tramping across some fields? Anyone been there? Know the best way to get there?

Great place for fishing,park at old water works,first on left past hempriggs house also good place to observe wild life,go on a good day and you will realy enjoy it,i went walking out there often when i was younger and fitter.

Saveman
11-Jun-10, 21:20
Just out of curiosity Saveman, Ive passed Helman head many many times by boat & Id like to know why you want to go & visit it ???

In my experience there is nowt there worth seeing but for all I know you may be a bird watcher or a geology fan, why there & not brig o trams or sarclet ?

I heard it was a good place for fishing..... :)

Amy-Winehouse
11-Jun-10, 22:52
Well, why didnt you say so in the first place :D I was at Longberry earlier but got nothing after an hour, a change wid be good methinks, as long as theres no slugs(seals)around you may be lucky. Tight Lines man