PDA

View Full Version : Let's support England on the org / Are the English as silly...

gleeber
09-Jun-10, 20:10
I thought I would start a World Cup thread in the general section because most people will be aware that when England plays Scotland yawns because it's not really about sport.
Not me though. I'm rooting for England. :eek:
I remember in 1966 when England won. I was delighted and couldnt understand why. I wasnt supposed to want England to win. After Scotland duffed them in the Jim Baxter keepy uppy international in 1967 I reverted to my default position. Anyone but England.
About 5 world cups ago I walked out of the mist and openly supported England ever since although its as heartbreaking as supporting scotland.
It's heavy going being a traitor although I would support scotland if they were playing against eachother.
What about you?
Will you be supporting England and if not why not?

mrlennie
09-Jun-10, 20:16
I thought I would start a World Cup thread in the general section because most people will be aware that when England plays Scotland yawns because it's not really about sport.
I remember in 1966 when England won. I was delighted and couldnt understand why. I wasnt supposed to want England to win. After Scotland duffed them in the Jim Baxter keepy uppy international in 1967 I reverted to my default position. Anyone but England.
About 5 world cups ago I walked out of the mist and openly supported England ever since although its as heartbreaking as supporting scotland.
It's heavy going being a traitor although I would support scotland if they were playing against eachother.
What about you?

I'm English and I won't be supporting England:cool: I'm just not that into football. Although it's nice to see a good game once in a while.

Anfield
09-Jun-10, 20:17
I can see this thread going down well!
I am English born but parents were Irish
Football wise I support Liverpool and don't really car for national team, but if Liverpool players are playing for England then I will support our players

upolian
09-Jun-10, 20:17
I dont like football,i hope this world cup rubbish isn't going to interupt my viewing of the british touring car championship and the world rally championship,football boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

mrlennie
09-Jun-10, 20:18
I dont like football,i hope this world cup rubbish isn't going to interupt my viewing of the british touring car championship and the world rally championship,football boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Haha lets keep this THREAD ON TOPIC!;)

upolian
09-Jun-10, 20:20
Haha lets keep this THREAD ON TOPIC!;)

You troll'd me thread

let's try ;)

gleeber
09-Jun-10, 20:20
Just use it to vent your feelings. As long as its kept respectful it could be fun and If England win we could have a party. :lol:

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 20:21
I will be supporting them, and always do. It is a great thing for so many nations to come together in a peaceful pursuit.

mrlennie
09-Jun-10, 20:26
You troll'd me thread

let's try ;)

haha and some more words for the 10 characters

Bazeye
09-Jun-10, 20:31
Better if it was held in Japan again. What an excuse to go to the pub at 4 in the morning. Or better still stay out all night.

squidge
09-Jun-10, 20:46
I like football and will be supporting England, the Bruce is supporting paraguay as he got them in the sweep at his work. He subscribes tot he anyone but england rule and it leads to some great footballing nights in our house. Its all good fun though and he always gets extra kisses if they win so he isnt really that worried.

rich
09-Jun-10, 20:49
Is Norway playing?

Or Fairisle?

Greenland?

If not I shall weep and gnash and rend my garments and support the English.

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 20:53
I think Greenland narrowly missed qualification.

;)

Invisible
09-Jun-10, 21:02
After all the stick us Scots get from the English, I shall not be supporting them this world cup

Metalattakk
09-Jun-10, 21:09
Do the Germans support Holland in the World Cup?

Do the French support Italy in the World Cup?

Do the North Koreans support South Korea in the World Cup? (OK, bad example!)

Do the Portuguese support Spain in the World Cup?

Do the Argentinians support Brazil in the World Cup?

The answer to all is a resounding 'No'.

So answer me this:

Why should I, as a Scot, even consider supporting our closest sporting rivals?

gollach
09-Jun-10, 21:11
Wonder if a new thread "Let's gnaw our own arms off" would get more support? :lol:

mrlennie
09-Jun-10, 21:12

So answer me this:

Maybe you could consider it as Scotland is not in the world cup but all the teams you mentioned apart from the Koreans as far as I know are in. I dunno.

Gronnuck
09-Jun-10, 21:13
In the absence of a Scottish team I shall be supporting England (if SWSBO will let me watch footie on the tele!)

mrlennie
09-Jun-10, 21:13
Wonder if a new thread "Let's gnaw our own arms off" would get more support? :lol:

I don't find that funny as I have no arms and I am typing with my tongue.;)

Metalattakk
09-Jun-10, 21:19
Maybe you could consider it as Scotland is not in the world cup but all the teams you mentioned apart from the Koreans as far as I know are in. I dunno.

Both Korean teams are in this year. Looking forward to seeing them play, to be honest.

This World Cup I shall have no favourite, same as I have had no favourite since 1998.

And yes, I shall celebrate when our closest sporting rivals get unfairly knocked out. Again.

And yes, I shall certainly enjoy the schadenfreude of watching grown TV pundits crying about it.

raymac
09-Jun-10, 21:22
I've no interest in football,,

but will be rooting for USA, Algeria and Sloveia :evil[evil]:evil

mrlennie
09-Jun-10, 21:23
Both Korean teams are in this year. Looking forward to seeing them play, to be honest.

This World Cup I shall have no favourite, same as I have had no favourite since 1998.

And yes, I shall celebrate when our closest sporting rivals get unfairly knocked out. Again.

And yes, I shall certainly enjoy the schadenfreude of watching grown TV pundits crying about it.

Since when have korea's been in? Sorry my football knowledge has big holes...like massive black holes...

gleeber
09-Jun-10, 21:23
LOL
Brilliant chaps. keep it coming. I am beginning to get the buzz. All we need now is a blast from John Motson, bless him. :lol:

Metalattakk
09-Jun-10, 21:28
Since when have korea's been in? Sorry my football knowledge has big holes...like massive black holes...

So I see. :D Wiki page here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_2010) with all the details. ;)

mrlennie
09-Jun-10, 21:33
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/FIFA_to_make_changes_after_Thierry_Henry_handball

You seen this?

Metalattakk
09-Jun-10, 21:52
It is my understanding that there will be 5th and 6th officials in this coming World Cup.

Edit: Well, after some research it seems my understanding is standing under a big sign that says 'FAIL! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8391237.stm)'. :)

Bazeye
09-Jun-10, 21:55
Is Norway playing?

Or Fairisle?

Greenland?

If not I shall weep and gnash and rend my garments and support the English.

Thought you might be supporting your "neighbours".

©Amethyst
09-Jun-10, 21:59
I won't be supporting any specific team - I'm not football crazy... but I will be supporting whoever is playing against Greece!

Kevin Milkins
09-Jun-10, 22:12
I am Welsh and a rugby enthusiast by default, however in the absence of my home nation I always support my nearest home nation in whatever sport, so, come on England.:)

Amy-Winehouse
09-Jun-10, 22:20
What about you?

No, I wont support England, not now or ever - nothing particularly against them but I hope Spain win the world cup as I do with every tournament that my country dont participate in

The Angel Of Death
10-Jun-10, 09:46
I would support england if it wasnt for the over hyped media and the were going to win it all mentality each and every time they reach a world cup or euro championship they actually think its there god given right to win it and no one else should turn up to contest it

Throw into the mix engerland flags hats mars bars etc and i think to myself is there any other nation that goes so completly overboard over hyping there country

I'll ask a question though how long after the kick off in seconds on the first game will there be mention of either england 1966 or england winning it

Answers on a postcard ;)

porshiepoo
10-Jun-10, 10:12
Hate, hate, hate football but I'll definitely be rooting for England - not that I'll watch a millisecond of the game.

If England weren't playing and Scotland had somehow managed to finally get through then I'd be rooting for them also.
Easy to say that knowing it's not likely to happen in my lifetime though. :lol:

Seriously though, people need to stop bitching about the hype every time England get through, no doubt Scotland would be ramming it down our throats if they also made it through.
Sour grapes make for a very unappealing nature!

It's just a stupid game people! A stupid, over paid game that involves no more expertise than to kick a ball from one end of a pitch to another avoiding the opposing team, cry, swap tshirts, have tantrums and kick one another and basically be led to believe you are worth more than the the whole world combined.
But hey ho each to their own I guess.

The Angel Of Death
10-Jun-10, 10:48
Seriously though, people need to stop bitching about the hype every time England get through, no doubt Scotland would be ramming it down our throats if they also made it through.
Sour grapes make for a very unappealing nature!

So when scotland play at a tournament within 3 seconds of a game kicking off we get the comentators shouting and screaming that were going to win it as well as getting each and every paper declaring there going to win it Not to mention the constant reference to the one time that the comp was won by england (by a goal that should have been disaloud i might add) that was 44 years ago

Naw thats not ramming it down out throats is it :roll:

riggerboy
10-Jun-10, 10:50
if anybody with good old scottish blood coursing through their veins are supporting those english xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx then they should be brought to the market square to be bloodly well hung by the neck until they are dead dead dead

hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang high

if your scottish and want to support the s (cough cough sorry english) then please remember to wear the english shirt along with your kilt to the pubs and clubs i`m sure you`ll get a warm welcome,,,,,,,

if your only going to support the s in your own house then your not really supporting them more just cheering them on ,then you will only recieve 6 lashes o the birch,,

ducati
10-Jun-10, 11:05
I would support england if it wasnt for the over hyped media and the were going to win it all mentality each and every time they reach a world cup or euro championship they actually think its there god given right to win it and no one else should turn up to contest it

Throw into the mix engerland flags hats mars bars etc and i think to myself is there any other nation that goes so completly overboard over hyping there country

I'll ask a question though how long after the kick off in seconds on the first game will there be mention of either england 1966 or england winning it

Answers on a postcard ;)

Of course..non of that would ever happen at all if Scotland should ever qualify? :eek:

The Angel Of Death
10-Jun-10, 11:18
Of course..non of that would ever happen at all if Scotland should ever qualify? :eek:

Nope because we all know there is as much chance of scotland winning a major tournament as the moon being made of blue cheese

Getting to a major tournament is the equivilent of scotland winning it ;)

Dadie
10-Jun-10, 11:24
As long as my evening viewing of Emmerdale, Corrie...etc does not get interupted I will happily ignore any football!

_Ju_
10-Jun-10, 11:44

So answer me this:

All examples (except Korea) are not of the same country ( or if you prefer the word Nation). For all the nations Great Britain contains, it is still one Country. You share the same language, some currency and a long entertwined history. For every example you gave (except Korea), you cited countries that might have rivalry, but that are independent of eachother, have distinct languages and until recently, their own currencies. If you want to make a British comparison, to the examples you gave, it would be the rivalry between France and Britain.

Metalattakk
10-Jun-10, 11:47
All examples (except Korea) are not of the same country ( or if you prefer the word Nation). For all the nations Great Britain contains, it is still one Country. You share the same language, some currency and a long entertwined history. For every example you gave (except Korea), you cited countries that might have rivalry, but that are independent of eachother, have distinct languages and until recently, their own currencies. If you want to make a British comparison, to the examples you gave, it would be the rivalry between France and Britain.

FIFA recognise us as two separate countries. This is sport we're talking about, right?

mrlennie
10-Jun-10, 11:51
if anybody with good old scottish blood coursing through their veins are supporting those english xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx then they should be brought to the market square to be bloodly well hung by the neck until they are dead dead dead

hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em

if your scottish and want to support the s (cough cough sorry english) then please remember to wear the english shirt along with your kilt to the pubs and clubs i`m sure you`ll get a warm welcome,,,,,,,

if your only going to support the s in your own house then your not really supporting them more just cheering them on ,then you will only recieve 6 lashes o the birch,,

Haha I always enjoy the hanging bits. would wearing an english shirt with a kilt be like wearing a scottish shirt with trousers?

buddyrich
10-Jun-10, 11:57
I'll be supporting the pundits and talking heads they have sitting round desks analysing the games. As far as pointless but entertaining tedium goes, you cant beat three former players discussing in very serious terms what is just 22 men running after a rubber ball.

I think football would be interesting if they made each player wear a fez and fishing waders. And they could inject some danger by turning a lion loose on the pitch. Make these knuckleheads work for their ridiculously inflated salaries.

buddyrich
10-Jun-10, 12:00

hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em

Wow. You're a proper patriot. I wish you were our MSP. You have the answers to get us out of our current agony.

The Drunken Duck
10-Jun-10, 12:25
The seven dwarfs always left to go work in the mine early each morning. As always, Snow White stayed home doing her domestic chores. As lunchtime approached she would prepare their lunch and carry it to the mine. One day as she arrived at the mine with their lunches she saw that there had been a terrible cave-in. Tearfully, and fearing the worst, Snow White began calling out, hoping against hope that the dwarfs had somehow survived.

"Hello ?? ...Hello ??" she shouted. "Can anyone hear me ?? .. Hello ?? "

For a long while, there was no answer. She came to the terrible conclusion that they must all be dead. Losing hope, Snow White again shouted ..

"Hello ?? .. Hello ?? .. Is anyone down there ??"

Just as she was about to give up all hope, she heard a faint voice from deep within the mine singing .. "ENGLAND WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP"

Snow White fell to her knees, raised her hands to the heavens and shouted ..

"Oh, thank you God !!, Thank You for sparing Dopey !!"

buffy
10-Jun-10, 12:35
Gosh I don't think I'll manage to find the time to support England this time round. I'm already supporting 31 teams this year...

golach
10-Jun-10, 12:42
Sorry Gleeber, but I cannot follow your advice to follow and support the English Football Team, I have nothing against my English neighbours, I have English relatives and friends, but I have no earthly reason to support the Football Team.
Glad I have Sky+ HD, I will have a multitude of more interesting programmes to watch and learn from. [lol]

Saveman
10-Jun-10, 12:51
This could raise the interesting subject of finding the line between national pride and racism.

:roll:

louise511
10-Jun-10, 12:51
I will be supporting England in the World Cup :D

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 12:57
For all the nations Great Britain contains, it is still one Country. You share the same language, some currency and a long entertwined history.

Entertwined?

Entertainingly linked?

Is that a reference to Ronnie Corbett?

You are now talking about Great Britain as a country, you need to get back to History 101...

USA and Canada share the same primary language, does that make them the same country?

Culturally Scotland has risen as an independent nation, and for many more years than it has been part of the union it has not been.

Whatever line you draw, it was always a country distinct from England.

Scotland had, in its originating period, distinct cultural, tribal and language differences. This nation is formed from an altogether different mix of dna than England.

You could only rationally argue Scotland is not an independent country, not that it is not a country.

gleeber
10-Jun-10, 12:58

Plenty excuses so far but no reasons that would stand up in court.
I realise we can all choose to support whoever we want in a tournament like the world cup but I think there's something much more interesting going on in Scotland/England rivalry that rises above plain football rivalry which in itself is much more complex than just supporting a football team.
That tormentor of the Scots formerly known as Percy Toboggan had a novel idea. He called us bitter and twisted Jocks.
Considering Ju's post, is the org full of bitter and twisted Jocks and by extension, the rest of Scotland?
Are there any other Scotsmen like myself who fought off the prejudices of our fathers and decided to support England? If posting on an open forum may compramise you in any way, feel free to PM. :lol:

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 13:01
Make these knuckleheads work for their ridiculously inflated salaries.

????????

Commie!

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 13:14
twisted Jocks.

Sounds painful!

Considering Ju's post, is the org full of bitter and twisted Jocks and by extension, the rest of Scotland?
Are there any other Scotsmen like myself who fought off the prejudices of our fathers and decided to support England? If posting on an open forum may compramise you in any way, feel free to PM.

I don't think the Org is full of twisted Jocks, probably impossible as it seems at least 50% would fail basic qualification.

My father was not anti English nor my mother, such an approach would not have been beneficial in their chosen profession as they had to welcome people from all around the world.

I have always supported the England team, I really don't see the big deal. If it is a game between Scotland and England I take glee when we beat them back in the Euro 2000 play offs, but as soon as the game was over I was back to supporting them again.

I am very poud of my Scottish nationality, but I have no interest in denigrating any other nation on the back of that.

I married an English woman, and chose to spend most of my adult life in England.

You can't beat England.

macbreeza
10-Jun-10, 13:23
I am Scottish and have supported Scotland all my life........not going to change now!

Seriously why are people so bothered the majority of Scots won't support England at football? If it were the other way around I doubt they would be supporting us and I wouldn't care. If you support a team that are not very good well sorry but you are stuck with them can't criss cross changing who you support every 5 minutes due to them being knocked out of a tournament. That is of course if you are interested in football. I don't get folk who say they are going to go for England but are not interested in football or will not be watching it makes no sense to me. To support a team is to be interested in their progress and how well they play, who plays for them etc.

Scotland may not have one of the best football teams in the world but we do without a doubt have the best fans :)

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 13:27
No, Jamaica and Brazil have the best fans. ;)

ducati
10-Jun-10, 13:41
The seven dwarfs always left to go work in the mine early each morning. As always, Snow White stayed home doing her domestic chores. As lunchtime approached she would prepare their lunch and carry it to the mine. One day as she arrived at the mine with their lunches she saw that there had been a terrible cave-in. Tearfully, and fearing the worst, Snow White began calling out, hoping against hope that the dwarfs had somehow survived.

"Hello ?? ...Hello ??" she shouted. "Can anyone hear me ?? .. Hello ?? "

For a long while, there was no answer. She came to the terrible conclusion that they must all be dead. Losing hope, Snow White again shouted ..

"Hello ?? .. Hello ?? .. Is anyone down there ??"

Just as she was about to give up all hope, she heard a faint voice from deep within the mine singing .. "ENGLAND WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP"

Snow White fell to her knees, raised her hands to the heavens and shouted ..

"Oh, thank you God !!, Thank You for sparing Dopey !!"

ha ha. Not precisely sure what you are talking about-but welcome back :lol:

achingale
10-Jun-10, 13:45
I will not be supporting anyone because I only enjoy rugby football!

DocStone
10-Jun-10, 14:13
What is wrong with not wanting your main rivals to do well in a competition?

In the footballing sense England are the "Auld Enemy", something that goes back to 1872 and the first ever official international game at Hamilton Crescent in Partick on St Andrews Day (the game finished 0-0 in front of a crowd of a few thousand) and is based on the longest running rivalry in International football.

Would a Man City fan be expected to cheer on Man Utd in the Champions league? No, because they are rivals.

Would a Rangers fan be expected to cheer on Celtic in the Europa League? No, because they are rivals.

So why would anyone expect me, a Scotland Football fan to support England in the World Cup? It doesn't mean I don't like the English, it doesn't mean I am a bigot or a racist, it just means I don't want a rival team to do well.

If Scotland actually manage to qualify for the latter stages of a competition again then I will be cheering them on, but untill then I will do what I have always done - I support the teams that have players from my club team in them. It is just a coincidence that for this World Cup those teams happen to be USA and Algeria :D

As Jimmy Greaves used to say "It's a funny old Game"

bigjjuk
10-Jun-10, 14:21
As a English men, I shall be sitting by the tele, with my england top on, flag waving, beer in the fridge, being proud that im english and we are in the world cup.

On the other hand I dont blame the scots for not wanting to support us, hundreds of years of history has put a stop to that. At the end of the day its not racism is good ol fashioned banter. I have got stick all week from my scottish friends and work colleagues on how we are gonna get thrashed by everyone.

But im English and will always support my country.

In the end isnt it fun having a wind up with your scottish friends about the world cup.

its fun and it should be left there and not twisted into racism

Bazeye
10-Jun-10, 15:26
when england get beat, if I get so much as a smirk off the wife I'm going to give her a right shoeing.

The Drunken Duck
10-Jun-10, 17:34
What I am going to do when they win a game is proudly proclaim my pride in a "British" victory to the English lads in my pub. They have been telling me for weeks that I am not a Scot but merely a "North Briton".

Lets see how they quickly they change their tune shall we ?? .. [evil]

bettedaviseyes
10-Jun-10, 17:45
am supporting ENGLAND and am scottish they have the goods of being an great team under there new manger :D

porshiepoo
10-Jun-10, 18:08
So when scotland play at a tournament within 3 seconds of a game kicking off we get the comentators shouting and screaming that were going to win it as well as getting each and every paper declaring there going to win it Not to mention the constant reference to the one time that the comp was won by england (by a goal that should have been disaloud i might add) that was 44 years ago

Naw thats not ramming it down out throats is it :roll:

Well no duh!!! The commentators know there's not actually any real chance of Scotland winning so they would quite sensibly keep schtum!

Doesn't matter how long ago England won it, the fact is they DID win it.

Doesn't matter if England don't win this one, there's always the next one!
Shame Scotland can't look forward with such certainty.

sharona
10-Jun-10, 18:23
i am english and if we did not qualify i would b cheerin scotland if they got through AS we live on the same island but as they did not get through sorry scotland,, its got to be England

The Angel Of Death
10-Jun-10, 18:30
Well no duh!!! The commentators know there's not actually any real chance of Scotland winning so they would quite sensibly keep schtum!

Doesn't matter how long ago England won it, the fact is they DID win it.

Shame Scotland can't look forward with such certainty.

And England are sure fire winners this time again then ? could have sworn I heard that last time and the time before that and the euro championships before that etc etc

Its the same every time they qualify the press / tv put it out that no other team need travel as England have already won it thats what nips not the fact they "could" win it its the fact they think they have won it before its actually started

I wonder if the same is said in Germany France Italy re the tabloids and winning it each and every year ?

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 18:34

..and the next manager.

I suppose you are too young to remember yer drought in the 70s.

Take nothing for granted.

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 18:35
And England are sure fire winners this time again then ? could have sworn I heard that last time and the time before that and the euro championships before that etc etc

Its the same every time they qualify the press / tv put it out that no other team need travel as England have already won it thats what nips not the fact they "could" win it its the fact they think they have won it before its actually started

I wonder if the same is said in Germany France Italy re the tabloids and winning it each and every year ?

It is similar, it is called getting behind your national team. ;)

Amy-Winehouse
10-Jun-10, 19:48
Doesn't matter if England don't win this one, there's always the next one.

Hahahahaha Dream on Porshiepoo, Can I have some of what you are taking , it seems Hallucenigenic [lol]

England wont win it because they arent good enough & its not on home soil for them to play all their home games at wembly stadium with massive crowds roaring them on.

Did you know they are the only team in W.C history to be able to pick where they played their matches at ?

The sheer arrogance of all at the EFA or the FA as they call it is shocking- I hope it bites them on the bum

sharona
10-Jun-10, 20:01
They have got through they have got a chance like every other team ,,who as got through ,,

Bazeye
10-Jun-10, 20:04
Its only the press that hype them up saying "This time". Every English fan Ive spoken to know were not going to win it. They only get hyped up so they can get slagged off when they go out. A great English custom, build em up and knock em down.

sharona
10-Jun-10, 20:07
I agree but we have to go with the swing of things till they do get booted

canuck
10-Jun-10, 20:17
Four years ago (which seems like 20 in org time) I was assigned Germany in the Org pool. If I remember correctly my team did quite well. So I think that I shall dig out the old German flag which I purchased for that event and do my best to support Germany this year in the World Cup play. :)

Turquoise
10-Jun-10, 20:22
Personally, I shall be carrying on the tradition of a lifetime and will not be supporting the Englandshire. They are a posing bunch of nicompoops and if they spent half as much time playing a decent match as they do on picking their next car or WAG, they may stand half a chance.

The Drunken Duck
10-Jun-10, 21:08
Personally, I shall be carrying on the tradition of a lifetime and will not be supporting the Englandshire. They are a posing bunch of nicompoops and if they spent half as much time playing a decent match as they do on picking their next car or WAG, they may stand half a chance.

You need to get down off that wall mate .. ;)

bluechesse
10-Jun-10, 21:17
I shall be supporting Japan, purely because I got them in the sewwp at work (which I organised, must remember to fix it properly next time....). Other than that, I will be supporting everyone who come up against England. My collegues from South of the border fully expect this type of behavour from me when it comes to sporting events, and I'll be damed if im going to disapoint them! Now, does anyone know where I can get an Algeria shirt from at short notice????

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 21:21

Actually they spend little time on either, they just get all the ones they fancy.

Lookin forward to it massively.

:)

donnick
10-Jun-10, 21:36
no way will i be suporting England, it goes against EVER bone in my scottish body and the english love that we wont:lol: .they love that fact that we waste energy doing it (well spent if u ask me )and it adds to the great banter between us :lol:

Bazeye
10-Jun-10, 21:55
Now, does anyone know where I can get an Algeria shirt from at short notice????

Sorry, cant help you there, but I've got an old Costa Rica one you can have.

Bazeye
10-Jun-10, 21:57
no way will i be suporting England, it goes against EVER bone in my scottish body and the english love that we wont:lol: .they love that fact that we waste energy doing it (well spent if u ask me )and it adds to the great banter between us :lol:

Nail on head. The fact that the Scots dont give a monkeys who wins unless its not England fills me with immense pride.;)

sharona
10-Jun-10, 22:37
So you all dont mind then that i drive round with a big england flag wavin from my car ,, with all the nice words your sayin about england got to say they got to play in the world cup

Blarney
10-Jun-10, 23:03
I don't find that funny as I have no arms and I am typing with my tongue.;)
You must have a tough job when you have to use a plunger then [lol]

Turquoise
10-Jun-10, 23:05

Haha Blarney, that's what I thought when I read it I just couldn't be bothered writing it [lol]

mrlennie
10-Jun-10, 23:17

I let someone else do that I do find it hard to use a screwdriver though;)

bluechesse
11-Jun-10, 00:36
So you all dont mind then that i drive round with a big england flag wavin from my car ,, with all the nice words your sayin about england got to say they got to play in the world cup

We dont mind in the least! Gives us something to "BOO" at rather than the telly [lol]

Bazeye
11-Jun-10, 00:43
Just watched a programme about Bobby Moore tonight and one thing I never knew was that the Russian linesman who gave "that goal" had relatives killed by the Nazis during the war..............:eek:

pedromcgrory
11-Jun-10, 00:47

So answer me this:

im with you on that england no way im cheering them on ,

bluechesse
11-Jun-10, 00:55
Just watched a programme about Bobby Moore tonight and one thing I never knew was that the Russian linesman who gave "that goal" had relatives killed by the Nazis during the war..............:eek:

So it was all a conspiracy!!!!!! I always knew THEY were responsible for that [lol]

porshiepoo
11-Jun-10, 07:47

Nope, a win is not guaranteed but they're a damn site closer to one than Scotland. Again!

Speak to most English people down there and you'll find that the majority do not think England will win. They're chuffed that they get to support their team in the world cup again but don't automatically assume that they'll win. In fact history would suggest that they won't.
Try not to blame the entire English nation for the ramblings of TV and newspapers whos job it is to hype everything up.

TBH I could care less if they win, lose or draw.

porshiepoo
11-Jun-10, 07:57
Hahahahaha Dream on Porshiepoo, Can I have some of what you are taking , it seems Hallucenigenic [lol]

England wont win it because they arent good enough & its not on home soil for them to play all their home games at wembly stadium with massive crowds roaring them on.

Did you know they are the only team in W.C history to be able to pick where they played their matches at ?

The sheer arrogance of all at the EFA or the FA as they call it is shocking- I hope it bites them on the bum

England may not be good enough to win it - this time round, however at least they are good enough to get this far. Shame the Scottish team cannot say the same. ;)

As I said before I could care less if they win, lose or draw. It's just a stupid game of football and the outcome of it will have no impact on the lives of the general public.
However I can at least say that I would happily support Scotland if it did ever get to such a position in the World cup.
I may be born in England but as far as I am concerned Scotland is as much a part of me as England is.

BIG BLUE
11-Jun-10, 09:05
i wonder if england play well will they be called"the england team" and if they play lek a load of grannies will they then be called the british or brit team???:roll:

porshiepoo
11-Jun-10, 09:10
i wonder if england play well will they be called"the england team" and if they play lek a load of grannies will they then be called the british or brit team???:roll:

Neither. They'll just be confused for the Scottish team. :roll:

Bazeye
11-Jun-10, 11:57

Have a word.........

Snarfer
11-Jun-10, 12:46
My wife is 1/8th spanish so thats who I'll be supporting :D

The Drunken Duck
11-Jun-10, 13:16
I have decided to support Germany.

I loved the place when I was there. Plus it means I have an excuse to drink loads of Warsteiner and scoff down Frikkadelen and Currywurst served with chips "mit mayo".

Henrik7
11-Jun-10, 14:36
I'm supporting Spain. Although I have no spanish blood or any relation to it I love the spanish culture....and football lol.

Bazeye
11-Jun-10, 16:22
My wife is 1/8th spanish so thats who I'll be supporting :D

Why dont you support the team that shes 7/8 of? :lol:

Bazeye
11-Jun-10, 16:24
I'm supporting Spain. Although I have no spanish blood or any relation to it I love the spanish culture....and football lol.

Well why have you got a Barcelona badge as your signature, they dont consider themselves Spanish, they're Catalan. Now a Real Madrid badge I could understand.

George Brims
11-Jun-10, 18:07
Well I shall be sitting down tomorrow with my American son-in-law, and as always supporting "whoever is playing England", which this time happens to be the US, since Scotland aren't there. The latter part is something of a relief really.

scorrie
11-Jun-10, 18:14
KitKat have been running a "Fingers Crossed For England" advert, which I have seen a few times now.

It would seem, though, that other countries in the UK have been a bit confused with their fingers while trying to cross them for England, if this picture is anything to go by:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/29052_1271198673077_1623198265_3061.jpg

I am sure we all realise they mean well though ;)

celtic1888
11-Jun-10, 18:29
Im one who WONT be supporting england!

Gordon Bonnet
11-Jun-10, 18:51
Well, I'm finally here - looking for escape from the World Cup euphoria which is enveloping England before we see a ball kicked by a lion breasted combatant.Go north they said, to escape the hyperbole - those forum friends who tired of my
cynicism.

This is as far north as I could get and what do I find - more World Cuppery.

Strangely find myself stirred by the wiff of antipathy. Are we not one big, happy UK family then? Or is it merely the football that finds us out - exploits the cracks.

There is actually a lot of negativity about the side, and their chances in the English media - and I've not heard anybody refer to the team as 'British' yet. I seldom see Union flags flying either - it's all that crusader cross...simple but effective in alienating the disinterested, or the purely hostile.

I see bunting, I see flags all around me but more than anything I see a country looking for a diversion....needing something to cheer. Years of financial misery await many of us.... I'm personally doing quite well and do not need collective cheering and gung-ho jingoism centred on balls to cheer me up. I don't think most Scottish people do either, and perhaps it's just as well.

To those who see the World Cup as a cause to get behind, good luck to you all, irrespective of nationality.

buddyrich
11-Jun-10, 18:59
On the Scottish news just now there was an interview with a sports shop owner who said that currently the second most popular strip on sale is the Argentinian one and funnily enough I know a couple of people who, in the absence of Scotland, staunchly support Argentina at the world cup "because of the Falklands". The implication being that it's a darkly funny way of sticking it up the english.

Perhaps they could explain their position to the Scots Guardsmen and Scottish members of the Royal Marines who served in the Falklands. ;)

J C Denton
11-Jun-10, 19:35
What is wrong with not wanting your main rivals to do well in a competition?

The England-Scotland "rivalry" only exists north of the border. The vast majority of people in England see Scottish sports sides as a sporting irrelevance at best, a laughing stock at worst.

buddyrich
11-Jun-10, 19:41
The England-Scotland "rivalry" only exists north of the border. The vast majority of people in England see Scottish sports sides as a sporting irrelevance at best, a laughing stock at worst.

To be honest i think thats how most people up here feel about our southern sporting neighbours. :lol:

glaikit
11-Jun-10, 19:57

Aye well, at least we are 'sports', not hoodlums :lol: That might be because we're rubbish but I'd rather be rubbish that have a spider's web tatooed on my neck.

jings00
11-Jun-10, 20:16
No...but that would be due to the media, John Motson in particular can ruin a game for me.

bluechesse
11-Jun-10, 20:41

Maybe it exists North of the border because those South of it feel the need to call us things like "irrelevant" and "a laughing stock"......... Just a thought!;)

gleeber
11-Jun-10, 22:17
I was talking to a young teenager in the supermarket tonight and I asked him if he was excited about Englands prospects in the world cup. He looked at me first in dismay, then disgust and finally when he realised I was kinda serious, suspicion. You must be English he said. It was classic.
I went on the attack like Rooney on a run into the box and asked him why he didnt like England. I hate them he says. Why? I just do. I dont know anyone who wants them to win.Why do you think that is? I dunno, I just hate them he says again. Will you be watching them tomorrow night I asked. You must be joking he said. I wid never watch England playing. Do ye not like football I chanced. He looks at me as if my stupidity is stamped on my forehead. Of course I lek football but I dont lek England.
Does anyone know where I can get an English flag in Thurso? :lol:

Bazeye
11-Jun-10, 22:17
Aye well, at least we are 'sports', not hoodlums :lol: That might be because we're rubbish but I'd rather be rubbish that have a spider's web tatooed on my neck.

Err........Rangers, Manchester, a couple of years ago.;)

Gordon Bonnet
11-Jun-10, 22:20

Sport is peripheral to my existence down here but I would disagree.
How many English people stayed up late to watch the Curlers?
A majority of English people would have supported Welsh, Scottish, or Irish teams in any World Cup......until this one. Now I reckon it's 50/50.
I blame Mr.Salmond, I really do.

Certainly though, no Scottish failure in sport is ever laughed at by a majority of English - we're not cruel by nature, and not so easily amused.

Gordon Bonnet
11-Jun-10, 22:21
[quote=Gordon Bonnet;721193]Sport is peripheral to my existence down here but I would disagree.
How many English people stayed up late to watch the Curlers?
A majority of English people would have supported Welsh, Scottish, or Irish teams in any World Cup......until this one. Now I reckon it's 50/50.
I blame Mr.Salmond, I really do.

Certainly though, no Scottish failure in sport is ever laughed at by a majority of English - we're not cruel by nature (since the mid-seventeen hundreds), nor so easily amused.

Edited to say:sorry for duplication. Only a minor edit on the cruelty front.

Bazeye
11-Jun-10, 22:25
Heres one you'll like, well some of you.

A professor has found after extensive research there are two sizes of penis among UK men.
There are those that fall within the normal size range and there are those that are less that two inches when erect.
The professor has appealed for help to continue his research.

Could all men in the UK with extremely small penises make themselves known over the next six weeks by flying a white flag with a red cross from their cars.

Gordon Bonnet
11-Jun-10, 22:26
I was talking to a young teenager in the supermarket tonight and I asked him if he was excited about Englands prospects in the world cup. He looked at me first in dismay, then disgust and finally when he realised I was kinda serious, suspicion. You must be English he said. It was classic.
I went on the attack like Rooney on a run into the box and asked him why he didnt like England. I hate them he says. Why? I just do. I dont know anyone who wants them to win.Why do you think that is? I dunno, I just hate them he says again. Will you be watching them tomorrow night I asked. You must be joking he said. I wid never watch England playing. Do ye not like football I chanced. He looks at me as if my stupidity is stamped on my forehead. Of course I lek football but I dont lek England.
Does anyone know where I can get an English flag in Thurso? :lol:

Good heavens and good luck in your quest - if you fail I can mail you one before the Algeria game. How much pluck would it take to fly an English flag in Caithness? Or do you live out in the wilds?

All this anti-stuff is most interesting.

Gronnuck
11-Jun-10, 22:27
Why is it necessary for English fans to fly a flag with 'ENGLAND' printed across the middle? :confused

Is it because they don't know what their national flag looks like and need reminding? :roll:

I can't think of any other country whose fans do this.

northener
11-Jun-10, 22:29
Just removing any doubt from the minds of dimwitted furriners.....;)

glaikit
11-Jun-10, 22:39
Err........Rangers, Manchester, a couple of years ago.;)

Aye fair comment. Wouldn't chance it doon Easter Road on certain days either:roll: Just for balance, ken?

Munro
11-Jun-10, 22:39
They just buy them, they are printed in Glasgow, Britain.

gleeber
11-Jun-10, 22:40
Good heavens and good luck in your quest - if you fail I can mail you one before the Algeria game. How much pluck would it take to fly an English flag in Caithness? Or do you live out in the wilds?

All this anti-stuff is most interesting.
Isnt it choost.

I live in the town but I dont know if I have enough pluck to come out in public. I expect them to get to the final and once there anyone could win. Ill paint my face if they do and post a pic on the org in celepration. :D

northener
11-Jun-10, 22:41
They just buy them, they are printed in Glasgow, Britain.

Cheap labour, the Weegies....;)

Amy-Winehouse
11-Jun-10, 22:48
Why is it necessary for English fans to fly a flag with 'ENGLAND' printed across the middle? :confused

Is it because they don't know what their national flag looks like and need reminding? :roll:

Scotland fans do, Ive seen it but usually our lot have their branch or local pubs name on the flag.

Phill
11-Jun-10, 22:52
Are the English as silly as they appear?

Oh yes. Very much so.

'Twas much better in the good old days when every'fink was black n' white. Was only the noon day sun wot caught us out then.

glaikit
11-Jun-10, 22:55
Aye weel, anyone who's been to "that London" will have experienced enough 'smelly sock' comments, when you're just going about your normal business of buying Irn Bru and Tunnocks Caramel Wafers to know that they English are definitely laughing at us behind our backs.... and to our faces.... and when we're walking away..... and even when we've got back on the Citylink to gae hame.
But never fear, Eck will rewrite all the Scottish history books at taxpayers expense if they win. to show that they were a big, bunch of cheating jessies:lol:
And good luck going about Thurso wi' your face painted with a big cross :lol:

Bazeye
11-Jun-10, 22:56
Amy's right. I fly the England flag (plain) from a flagpole all year round not just for the football. Another thing that was totally uncalled for was having the word "England" above the three Lions badge, WHY?

wifie
11-Jun-10, 23:08
Isnt it choost.

I live in the town but I dont know if I have enough pluck to come out in public. I expect them to get to the final and once there anyone could win. Ill paint my face if they do and post a pic on the org in celepration. :D

You'll try anything to get the Orgers to support England won't you? ;)

grumpygran
11-Jun-10, 23:08
England and footie!!! wats that a joke:roll:

glaikit
11-Jun-10, 23:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHofV0C7LYM&feature=channel&has_verified=1

Check it out when it gets to about 14 minutes in, or watch the whole thing if you've got the time;)

We need a laugh with all this football rubbish coming on the telly:lol:

Amy-Winehouse
11-Jun-10, 23:09
Aye weel, anyone who's been to "that London" will have experienced enough 'smelly sock' comments, when you're just going about your normal business of buying Irn Bru and Tunnocks Caramel Wafers to know that they English are definitely laughing at us behind our backs.... and to our faces.... and when we're walking away..... and even when we've got back on the Citylink to gae hame.
But never fear, Eck will rewrite all the Scottish history books at taxpayers expense if they win. to show that they were a big, bunch of cheating jessies:lol:
And good luck going about Thurso wi' your face painted with a big cross :lol:

Id say be prepared , if yer going to walk around toon with at nonsense on display, theres always one who will smack you for it , maybe in another 20 years it might be acceptable in the eyes of a drunken Caithnessian but not now imo

Bazeye
11-Jun-10, 23:15
Id say be prepared , if yer going to walk around toon with at nonsense on display, theres always one who will smack you for it , maybe in another 20 years it might be acceptable in the eyes of a drunken Caithnessian but not now imo

True, I was getting a bit of stick, not banter, in the Newmarket a couple of years ago when someone heard my accent, until Sarah told him to "Oi! Shut it or yer oot".

adi1
11-Jun-10, 23:42

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu289/neilb19_2009/bonnie-scotland-flag-1603-p.gif

To be perfectly honest as a English man I don't want Scotlands support.
Many years ago growing up in Lancashire, England did not qualify for a few world cups. one that comes to mind is 78 in Argentina where Scotland did qualify being a young boy with no prejudices and not reading the tabloid press oh how I wanted Scotland to do well and win the world cup.Small footballing nations like Peru and Iran put pay to that but I was so happy when Archie scored that amazing goal against Holland in Scotlands only victory.
Having moved to Caithness 15 years ago I now see what I can only call bitterness everytime England qualify for a world or European campaign.
It came as no surprise to me today to hear that a local golf club is offering a free drink for every goal that the USA score,thats something you just would not see in England.
If someone decides to wear a England shirt in Scotland why should they have to fear having their face smashed in or having their car windows broke for having a St George flag on display.These kind of incidents happened only 2 years ago during the European championships,must say though ive never had any hassle in Caithness for wearing a England T shirt but then again Im a 6 foot odd 15 stone skin head lol.
Reading some of the post as heartened me there are Scots rooting for England but it would be better saying not supporting them as I believe you can only support the country of your birth. BTW I have 2 children born in Scotland and I encourage them to support Scotland.

Metalattakk
12-Jun-10, 00:05
If someone decides to wear a England shirt in Scotland why should they have to fear having their face smashed in or having their car windows broke for having a St George flag on display.

Of course, nothing similar (http://menmedia.co.uk/news/s/215946_family_attacked_for_flying_german_flag) could ever happen in England?

adi1
12-Jun-10, 00:21
Of course, nothing similar (http://menmedia.co.uk/news/s/215946_family_attacked_for_flying_german_flag) could ever happen in England?

Im not going to condone those sorts of attacks they are cowardly, especially the 2 in Aberdeen where a 7 year old boy was punched in the face and a disabled man was dragged from his car and beaten both for wearing England shirts (last world cup). I certainly hope you feel the same way??

glaikit
12-Jun-10, 00:30
I don't think anyone in their right mind, would condone violence because of a bunch of hairdressers kicking a ball aboot a field. There's as many nutters in Scotland, as there is in England by percentage of head of population and there's absolutely no point in starting this oneupmanship, you're madder than we are rubbish.
If it was up to me I'd get rid of all boundaries and have one nation, the human race. I'm sick to the back teeth of racism, nationalism and every other blinking ism.
This was a fairly lighthearted thread about fitba. Let's keep it that way.

Metalattakk
12-Jun-10, 00:51
Im not going to condone those sorts of attacks they are cowardly, especially the 2 in Aberdeen where a 7 year old boy was punched in the face and a disabled man was dragged from his car and beaten both for wearing England shirts (last world cup). I certainly hope you feel the same way??

Neither of those two cases made it to court. Neither of those two cases even happened.

Show me your evidence.

adi1
12-Jun-10, 01:30
Neither of those two cases made it to court. Neither of those two cases even happened.

Show me your evidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/5139054.stm

Metalattakk
12-Jun-10, 01:35
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/5139054.stm

Again, show me the evidence. Show me the convictions. How long did they get?

Both those incidents simply did not happen.

buddyrich
12-Jun-10, 02:00
Does football attract violence because it's the only sport that the very-stupid can understand? :D

Metalattakk
12-Jun-10, 02:12
Does football attract violence because it's the only sport that the very-stupid can understand? :D

If that were the case you'd be able to understand it, buddy. ;)

ducati
12-Jun-10, 07:18

Well, I for one have never seen a Saltire with Scotland written on it!

Try again :lol:

DeHaviLand
12-Jun-10, 08:43
Again, show me the evidence. Show me the convictions. How long did they get?

Both those incidents simply did not happen.

So, what you're saying is: If no one is caught and convicted for these incidents, then in your eyes they didnt happen! So, as no-one will be convicted for the Cumbria shootings, we can just assume they didnt happen?
Stupidity, thy name is Metalattakk!

Amy-Winehouse
12-Jun-10, 08:54
So, what you're saying is: If no one is caught and convicted for these incidents, then in your eyes they didnt happen! So, as no-one will be convicted for the Cumbria shootings, we can just assume they didnt happen?

PMSL [lol] :cool:

porshiepoo
12-Jun-10, 09:07

Why is it necessary for Scottish people who live in Scotland to fly a Scottish flag in their garden? Year round?
Maybe they've forgotten what their flag looks like? Or they need to remind everyone what it looks like? After all it's not likely it will ever been seen in the World cup is it!

The Drunken Duck
12-Jun-10, 09:08
I have lived just outside Aberdeen for five years and those "incidents" are well known for being "Urban Legends". There are a lot of English guys who move up here and I know quite a few, all like living here and none have ever complained of any hassle just because they they were English. Its far safer to be an England fan here than a Rangers one. Trust me.

As for the oft held English view that us Scots don't get any grief south of the border then that simply isn't true. I had more than my share, I just didn't whine about it. I just walked up to the perpetrator and slapped them purple. They got bored of slagging me before I got bored of chinning them. Job Jobbed.

The Drunken Duck
12-Jun-10, 09:10
Why is it necessary for Scottish people who live in Scotland to fly a Scottish flag in their garden? Year round?
Maybe they've forgotten what their flag looks like? Or they need to remind everyone what it looks like? After all it's not likely it will ever been seen in the World cup is it!

Well not in a World Cup riot anyway.

porshiepoo
12-Jun-10, 09:19
I have lived just outside Aberdeen for five years and those "incidents" are well known for being "Urban Legends". There are a lot of English guys who move up here and I know quite a few, all like living here and none have ever complained of any hassle just because they they were English. Its far safer to be an England fan here than a Rangers one. Trust me.

As for the oft held English view that us Scots don't get any grief south of the border then that simply isn't true. I had more than my share, I just didn't whine about it. I just walked up to the perpetrator and slapped them purple. They got bored of slagging me before I got bored of chinning them. Job Jobbed.

No one says that there is zero amount of grief down south for Scots, however, the prevalence of it up here is astounding. (I cannot speak of other Scottish counties as I've not lived there)
Before moving here I was completely unaware of any divide, it's not taught and harboured in our classrooms and it's not something that is passed down generation to generation.
In fact every English person I know would be disgusted if a child of theirs claimed to hate Scotland 'just because'.
It appears to be very acceptable up here for children to be bought up in the time honoured tradition of hating England without any real concept of why that hatred is being instilled.

Fortunately I've met some great Scots up here who are more for a civilised community unity (if not a united Kingdom) however I've also come across some rancid anti English comments from people I would have classed as friends.

IMO situations such as the World cup are simply a chance for people, both Scottish and English, to openly act on their anti views whilst safely disguised as Football banter.
Stupid game that should never have been invented IMO.

porshiepoo
12-Jun-10, 09:21
Well not in a World Cup riot anyway.

Hahahahaha
The words World Cup and Scotland will never be seen side by side in ANY sense of the word.

See, even I've resorted to bickering and bitching over a stupid game that I don't even like in the first place.
I love Scotland, I love England, heck I love the UK. When alls said and done there ain't a single country I would prefer to call home.

northener
12-Jun-10, 09:24
Doesn't take long for any thread about football to start getting wobbly, does it?

Can't be arsed with any of it at big team or national level.
Give me rugby every time, no rabid nationalism, threats or dummy-spitting to be seen there.

scotsboy
12-Jun-10, 09:41
A myriad of topics in the one thread, but I suppose they are al linked in some convoluted way.

Will I be supporting England in the World Cup…..mibbees aye……..mibees naw. I am ambivalent at the moment, but certainly will not be supporting “any team that happens to be playing England”, as seems to be the stereotypical representation of the “Scots”. As a football fan, and someone who watches football wherever and whenever I can I eagerly await some decent action, and if England perform well…….I may get swept along on the euphoria that will undoubtedly accompany such an occurrence. I am certainly not predisposed to hating the English national team, although like the vast majority I get a bit annoyed at the media attention given to the unimportant details surrounding the England team – I really do not care if Roman Catholic Wayne Rooney is wearing a white rosary as some form of atonement for his loutish behavior in a recent friendly match.

Tonight’s match (England V USA) is a bit of a dichotomy for me, as the USA is not really a footballing nation (although they have a pretty good side), it would pain me to see them beat England, particularly as I work with so many Americans!!.......but the fact that a couple of Americans (De Marcus Beasly and Maurice Edu) play for The Rangers, means I would like to see them do well…….maybe a draw would be a good result for both teams.

As for the abuse (both physical and verbal) that accompanies football, it is wrong – banter is banter, but abuse is simply wrong, where the line is drawn seems to be a big problem, particularly for Scots . My wife (who happens to be German, and does not really like football) speaks with a Southern English accent, she was subject to what was incessant verbal abuse at work (in Caithness), which I would not be able to replicate on this board for fear of a ban. She came home at night distraught (on more than once occasion)………..just banter, I think not. For those that think that these incidents don’t occur, think again.

It is strange that many who religiously follow the English Premiership, and have favourite English premier league teams, do not want to see England do well……..well its not strange really is it……its bigoted.

adi1
12-Jun-10, 10:09
scotsboy I think that is the most sensible post Ive seen on on this thread,I just wish there where more people like you with the same mentality.

annthracks
12-Jun-10, 10:12

And you know this because??

annthracks
12-Jun-10, 10:27
Hahahahaha
The words World Cup and Scotland will never be seen side by side in ANY sense of the word.

LOL much as I would like to agree
(having had our house egged in the great Scots World MuCkup Debacle of '78 - "we're on the crawl wi' Aly's army" PMSL)

Anyway, much as I would like to agree, it's bound to go down as nicely as my belief that the words Country (& Western) and Music should never appear together :-)

The Drunken Duck
12-Jun-10, 11:35
This thread is like being vomitted on with stupid.

And I don't discount my posts in that .. :D

EDIT .. I will be watching the game today with a gent from Norfolk, he has promised to buy me a round of my choice if the USA manage to score against England. What he doesn't know (yet) is that I will be having a pint of Jack Daniels and Coke.

Metalattakk
12-Jun-10, 12:13

No, what I am saying is that both those incidents were made up by, or publicised by the press to create a furore just before a big tournament.

Neither incident actually happened, as shown by the lack of police investigation.

Do you really believe everything you read in the newspapers? You've a bloody cheek to call me stupid if that's the case? ;)

Metalattakk
12-Jun-10, 12:14
And you know this because??

Because to suggest otherwise would be incredibly naive.

Leanne
12-Jun-10, 12:30
Aye weel, anyone who's been to "that London" will have experienced enough 'smelly sock' comments,

Never heard that one before...

adi1
12-Jun-10, 12:39
No, what I am saying is that both those incidents were made up by, or publicised by the press to create a furore just before a big tournament.

Neither incident actually happened, as shown by the lack of police investigation.

Do you really believe everything you read in the newspapers? You've a bloody cheek to call me stupid if that's the case? ;)

Of course they never happened, both parties must be fabricating the truth to get publicity? I don't think so

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5101184.stm

Metalattakk
12-Jun-10, 12:48
Of course they never happened, both parties must be fabricating the truth to get publicity? I don't think so

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5101184.stm

There's no evidence to indicate they were attacked because they were wearing a football shirt of any colour. That was made up by the press.

J C Denton
12-Jun-10, 13:03
There's no evidence to indicate they were attacked because they were wearing a football shirt of any colour.

There's also no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Metalattakk
12-Jun-10, 13:12
Very little evidence of anything, to be honest. ;)

The Drunken Duck
12-Jun-10, 13:41
If your going to get a smack in Aberdeen purely for wearing a football top it will be because its a Rangers one.

Just been into the city and there are more than a few England fans in the pubs with shirts on. And strangely enough, they weren't being smacked about !!

Kevin Milkins
12-Jun-10, 13:53
My favoured sport is rugby and my nation is Wales, although I lived in England and played for an English team for 25 years.

Apart from the friendly banter that I always assumed came with all sport, (about nationality) I have only ever experienced a very small incident that I felt uncomfortable with regarding nationality, and that was late at night, outside a burger van, in Limerick. That was until I moved to Wick.:eek:

It has always been traditional for rugby supporters to head down the pub wearing your team shirts and join in the fun and banter that comes with international sport and hopefully see a good game and make new friends.

The last rugby world cup my wife and I went down to Wetherspoons to watch some rugby and enjoy a beer, and France were playing England.
my first impressions were that no one was interested in the rugby and no one seemed to be watching it.

There was a large mixed family group sat having lunch on the next table and it was only when France did something good or score did it attract there attention and much to our disappointment they all rose to there feet when France scored shouting "yes, stuff it up the English ......." with venomous hatred in the tone of voice.

The father in the group looked at me (with my Welsh shirt on) as if I was going to agree with his groups sentiments on the proceedings. We walked out in shame and now watch the rugby at home.

Sport, to me is about watching a good contest with a show of skill and determination, and although I am not a football supporter, I am hoping to be entertained with this world cup and would like to see England win.

The Pepsi Challenge
12-Jun-10, 13:59
My favoured sport is rugby and my nation is Wales, although I lived in England and played for an English team for 25 years.

Apart from the friendly banter that I always assumed came with all sport, (about nationality) I have only ever experienced a very small incident that I felt uncomfortable with regarding nationality, and that was late at night, outside a burger van, in Limerick. That was until I moved to Wick.:eek:

It has always been traditional for rugby supporters to head down the pub wearing your team shirts and join in the fun and banter that comes with international sport and hopefully see a good game and make new friends.

The last rugby world cup my wife and I went down to Wetherspoons to watch some rugby and enjoy a beer, and France were playing England.
my first impressions were that no one was interested in the rugby and no one seemed to be watching it.

There was a large mixed family group sat having lunch on the next table and it was only when France did something good or score did it attract there attention and much to our disappointment they all rose to there feet when France scored shouting "yes, stuff it up the English ......." with venomous hatred in the tone of voice.

The father in the group looked at me (with my Welsh shirt on) as if I was going to agree with his groups sentiments on the proceedings. We walked out in shame and now watch the rugby at home.

Sport, to me is about watching a good contest with a show of skill and determination, and although I am not a football supporter, I am hoping to be entertained with this world cup and would like to see England win.

This is nothing new in Wick. Last time I was in the town I went to the local curry house where a guy was physically and verbally abused for having an Irish accent.

The Drunken Duck
12-Jun-10, 14:10

Someone said "stuff it up the English" ?? .. dear god, we simply must alert the town elders.

Sorry Kevin but a Welshman slagging off Scots for abusing the English is extracting the urine a bit. A few years back I visited a Welsh ex RAF mate and sat in a Cardiff pub for a Wales v England rugby match. Now I can swear, cuss and insult with the best of them if need be but even my eyes were opened that day.

The simple fact is that if you go to any of the home nations, members of other nations will be getting slagged and insulted. I spent years in Lincolnshire being referred to as a Porridge Wog. Happens everywhere. And the English are no different despite their protests otherwise.

Phill
12-Jun-10, 14:26
I wonder who Israel will be supporting now!

........runs for cover.......

Kevin Milkins
12-Jun-10, 14:28
Someone said "stuff it up the English" ?? .. dear god, we simply must alert the town elders.

Sorry Kevin but a Welshman slagging off Scots for abusing the English is extracting the urine a bit. A few years back I visited a Welsh ex RAF mate and sat in a Cardiff pub for a Wales v England rugby match. Now I can swear, cuss and insult with the best of them if need be but even my eyes were opened that day.

The simple fact is that if you go to any of the home nations, members of other nations will be getting slagged and insulted. I spent years in Lincolnshire being referred to as a Porridge Wog. Happens everywhere. And the English are no different despite their protests otherwise.

I didn't think I was slagging off anyone, but expressing my disappointment that I could not go to a local pub and enjoy the rugby on the TV.

It was not just the "stuff it up the English" that I felt uncomfortable with, but the expletives that where also used in mixed company (including children).

I will go back to the last time I experienced this type of behaviour outside a burger van, late at night in Limerick.

A group of local youths were shouting "English go home" and much to there surprise I walked over them and asked them why they have a problem with the English.

After a long discussion they could only think of one good reason, "my dad said".:eek:

bigjjuk
12-Jun-10, 14:28
come on guys and gals. Its just a game :)...................... Ok so I ve got my english top on already in anticipation of the game. I picked up my g/fs son from east end wearing it too , got a few comments ( and it was BANTER, nothing more nothing less). Im from London and yes you guys are called swety socks( cockney rhyming slang..... it rhymes see) Im called a white settler up here, does it bother me?????????? not in the slightest.

People really shouldnt take this seriously im not, im going round my friends to watch the game and if we win or lose shall be gracing the hagars pub after and i will be wearing my english top, ready for some chit chat BANTER.

Enjoy the game and let the crack ( or is it craic)? begin.

Welcomefamily
12-Jun-10, 14:36
Come on England... in the same way it would be to any of the home countries, where ever people come from, people will often refer to you by some sort of generalisation, its a fact of life, however there is a difference between banter and discrimination. I have been to many home countries rugby matches and you get banter, but that all and after the matches I have drunk with them all. In the south west I never notice any discrimination against the scots, plymouth had loads of them.

piratelassie
12-Jun-10, 14:37
no i will not

Iffy
12-Jun-10, 15:09
I remember a (good!!) few years ago when England were playing Cameroon.

I was on holiday in The Algarve with a (very!!!) pretensious (sp?) English boyfriend watching the match at a local bar.

Of course, practically, the whole bar was full of English supporters.....ha ha ha;..... or so they thought!!

Cameroon scored a goal (canna mind the result now) and I was on my feet cheering for all I was worth !!!
...............mmmmmmmmm.............. very bad idea as you can imagine !!!!!! :lol:

Boyfriend didn't speak much to me after that, but, I'd definetley do that again !! :lol::lol:

Leanne
12-Jun-10, 15:24
I remember a (good!!) few years ago when England were playing Cameroon.

I was on holiday in The Algarve with a (very!!!) pretensious (sp?) English boyfriend watching the match at a local bar.

Of course, practically, the whole bar was full of English supporters.....ha ha ha;..... or so they thought!!

Cameroon scored a goal (canna mind the result now) and I was on my feet cheering for all I was worth !!!
...............mmmmmmmmm.............. very bad idea as you can imagine !!!!!!

Boyfriend didn't speak much to me after that, but, I'd definetley do that again !! :lol::lol:

It amazes me that people make statements like this and are actually proud of them :roll:

Football turns people into barbarians and introduce a geographical divide and it gets even worse.

Iffy
12-Jun-10, 15:28
It amazes me that people make statements like this and are actually proud of them :roll:

Football turns people into barbarians and introduce a geographical divide and it gets even worse.

Yep Leanne, you're quite correct there, I am Proud of it !! That was very kind of you notice ! :cool:
And, no, the last time I checked I wasn't a barbarian, I'm actually married to an Englishman, very happily I may add !!

Kenneth
12-Jun-10, 17:31
I'll quite happily support England. If Turkey were in it, however, I would support them!! I have no ties with the Ottomans but I was impressed with their gutsy underdog performances in World Cup 2002 and Euro 2008 - and of course, being Scottish, I always root for the underdog!

But as I was saying, no problems with England. But that hasnt stopped me placing a cheeky £5 on USA to beat them tonight!!

MON THE YANKS!

scorrie
12-Jun-10, 18:48
I met a few French people in Wick today and asked for their opinions. Sadly, they didn't speak any English and my French is limited and very rusty. For what it's worth, they sang:-

"Nous détestons la colline de Jimmy, il est un homosexuel, il est un homosexuel" with some real passion.

Loyal Scotland fans may know what they were on about ;)

Metalattakk
12-Jun-10, 18:55
I met a few French people in Wick today and asked for their opinions. Sadly, they didn't speak any English and my French is limited and very rusty. For what it's worth, they sang:-

"Nous détestons la colline de Jimmy, il est un homosexuel, il est un homosexuel" with some real passion.

Loyal Scotland fans may know what they were on about ;)

LOL! Did he once describe a Zidane wonder-strike as a 'toe-poke' too?

The Germans know of him too, after he mispronounced Stefan Kuntz' surname:

"Wir hassen Jimmy Hill, er ist ein schwule, er ist ein schwule"

bonami
12-Jun-10, 20:36
I see (Old Glory ) fluttering from A'D old shop in Wick today. At first I thought it was maybe the new american embassy in Wick. But on finding out about tonights match I now know who the owner will be supporting. I imagine the star spangled banner will be hoisted at a few Scottish homes tonight. But is it realy all that serious a old friend of mine who had no interest in football said They were a lot of hairy ar*** men playing with a ball.

veritas
14-Jun-10, 08:07
What about you?

Would Scotland Wales or Northern Ireland have had wall to wall news 24 coverage from the world cup with constent reports from the England camp !! I doubt it. another thing why are we the payers of BBC paying for all those so called experts to be in South Africa and then just report on the game from a studio near the stadium they could have done that from this country at a fraction of the cost

katarina
15-Jun-10, 08:44

So answer me this:

Because we're all BRITISH! What's all this anti English rubbish? Of course we should support England after Scotland!

teenybash
15-Jun-10, 11:25
Because we're all BRITISH! What's all this anti English rubbish? Of course we should support England after Scotland!

No we shouldn't and I will be rooting for the USA...not because I am anti English, I simply have no connection to England, but I do have family links in America.....C'mon USA...do yer stuff:)

The Drunken Duck
15-Jun-10, 11:39
No we shouldn't and I will be rooting for the USA...not because I am anti English, I simply have no connection to England, but I do have family links in America.....C'mon USA...do yer stuff:)

I agree, I got taken to task for not supporting England the other day as I am "British", I support Germany because I loved it when I was there and left with nothing but good memories. Cant say the same about England. The fact we share the same piece of rock means nothing to me.

Plus, as a Jock it's nice to be supporting a winning team for a change !! .. ;)

scotsboy
15-Jun-10, 14:38
I agree, I got taken to task for not supporting England the other day as I am "British", I support Germany because I loved it when I was there and left with nothing but good memories. Cant say the same about England. The fact we share the same piece of rock means nothing to me.

Plus, as a Jock it's nice to be supporting a winning team for a change !! .. ;)

We don't share thesame piece of rock;) Check out the geology of Scoland.

porshiepoo
15-Jun-10, 14:58
Oh for gods sake, I've been watching this thread unfold, even added my own bit of banter for good measure but now this is just pathetic.

For all of you that feel proud or it your patriotic duty to support anyone other than England stop cowering behind one another vehemently denying it is what it is and just have the guts to admit that you're all as bad as that youngster that was mentioned at the beginning of the thread.
Half of you refuse to support England 'just because' and You have no real rhyme or reason for it other than it is something you've been bought up to do and subsequently always done - no doubt you see it as some ridiculous justice for the sins of our forefathers.
Some of you no doubt have allegiance to another country before any allegiance to England and that's fair enough but I suspect many of you are clinging to a link, any link, no matter how old or tenuous just so that you have that seemingly valid reason to hide behind. "I'm not anti - English it's just that I blah, blah blinkin blah"
Then there are those who have at least produced some courage (such as it is behind a computer screen) to show your true ignorance and proclaim that you'll not support England no matter what.
Baaaaaaa

This is just a stupid game of football that means nothing people! Yet it really has shown the true colours of many of you who would just as quickly be on any other thread condemning anyone else for showing such openly racist and ignorant views and no doubt demanding the thread be locked.

porshiepoo
15-Jun-10, 15:10
Would Scotland Wales or Northern Ireland have had wall to wall news 24 coverage from the world cup with constent reports from the England camp !! I doubt it. another thing why are we the payers of BBC paying for all those so called experts to be in South Africa and then just report on the game from a studio near the stadium they could have done that from this country at a fraction of the cost

Well if Scotland actually qualify at some point then maybe we'll find out eh!
Wales haven't qualified since 1958, same goes NI as far as I know so again, maybe if they qualify we'll get to find out.

Stop bleeting on about coverage. I hate the game and don't watch it at all and I hate the fact that it's given precedence over other programmes but like it or not it's a popular sport and when our team is playing for its country obviously there are millions that want the coverage with scenic atmosphere.
Get over it. If Scotland, Wales or NI were paying in the world cup I bet you wouldn't be complaining about the "cost" and neither would I.

Besides who needs TV coverage when there are so many threads on here dedicated to the World Cup, moaning about the England team coverage and just basic moanings because England made it through AGAIN and Scotland, Wales, and NI didn't AGAIN.

The Drunken Duck
15-Jun-10, 16:43
In other news ..

Two RAF jets have just reported a near miss with a cloud of flying Teddy Bears off Caithness.

Chill out Porshie .. :D

BTW .. I will support who I like for whatever reasons I like. You talk like we have some sort of obligation to support England. Not doing so is not "racist" or "ignorant" in any way shape or form. Its called personal choice.

porshiepoo
15-Jun-10, 18:05
In other news ..

Two RAF jets have just reported a near miss with a cloud of flying Teddy Bears off Caithness.

Chill out Porshie .. :D

BTW .. I will support who I like for whatever reasons I like. You talk like we have some sort of obligation to support England. Not doing so is not "racist" or "ignorant" in any way shape or form. Its called personal choice.

Not at all what I was saying.
I was saying that IMO there are some who hide their racism behind different colours.

No one has any "obligation" to support any team they don't wish to support, however the reason behind SOME people choosing not to support England has racist roots.
I don't even mind that as such, it's the double standards and cowardice of it all that sticks in the throat.

Metalattakk
15-Jun-10, 18:51
Because we're all BRITISH!

Not according to FIFA we're not.

What's all this anti English rubbish? Of course we should support England after Scotland!

I'll support who I damn-well like, thank you very much, as will my English-born wife.

Interestingly she doesn't support England either, simply due to the incessant pro-Ingerlund TV coverage. I guess that makes her racist too, eh? :roll:

Gordon Bonnet
15-Jun-10, 19:06
I wonder who Israel will be supporting now!

........runs for cover.......
A better question would be - 'who is supporting Israel' ?
I fear a short list. They aren't even in the World Cup.
But then, there's more to the middle-east than football.:confused

Gordon Bonnet
15-Jun-10, 19:17
[quote=porshiepoo;721340]
.....In fact every English person I know would be disgusted if a child of theirs claimed to hate Scotland 'just because'.
It appears to be very acceptable up here for children to be bought up in the time honoured tradition of hating England without any real concept of why that hatred is being......

quote]
I caught Newsround on English BBC tonight - the kids news thingy.
A wee lassie was canvassing her classmates - 'who are you supporting' - almost anyone but England came the reply - except for one sweet 'English' girl with a Scottish accent.

I suppose football is a more appropriate conduit for national hatred (this has nothing to do with 'race') than Flodden Field,Bannockburn, Prestonpans or any number of bloodstained battlefields. Almost nobody dies in football rivalry.And so we progress.

Someone quite bright observed on this topic that 'football turns people into barbarians' - A little strong but I know what she meant, given the ABE mentality.

Me? I think football is too big for its boots but if England cannot win the World Cup my next best choice would be Scotland. What a shame that's not mirrored by a majority up there. I suspect even a five year University course would not reveal the reason - unless the OU do a degree in bitterness.

scorrie
15-Jun-10, 19:29
What a shame that's not mirrored by a majority up there. I suspect even a five year University course would not reveal the reason - unless the OU do a degree in bitterness.

I think anyone who watched the build up to the England v USA match on ITV would have come away with at least a glimpse of the borderline xenophobia spouted by Adrian Chiles. The general gist of it was a fear of losing to the USA because they were not a "proper" footballing nation. Fair enough, up to a point, if it were left simply at that and the summary that the USA have their own sports anyway, but, oh no, they couldn't leave it at that. Instead a baseball bat was thrown to the ground and we were reminded that the USA are only good at "Their Sports" because nobody else in the world plays them!!

I believe that it is that type of attitude which causes toothache to the arses of so many in Scotland.

Gordon Bonnet
15-Jun-10, 20:49
Football came late to the USA but they are not newcomers.
Chiles is a poor representation and a very modern presenter - which means he has little class. Now that Irishwoman is not sat beside him he looks less at ease.
I suppose the fact that the USA has a 'World Series' without inviting anyone else could invoke a certain dismissive disdain, but it matters not.

This Chiles-ish reference should be water off a ducks back to those Scots who have endured English supremacy on the football field for the last 43 years, or so....I suspect most who truly follow the game will know what I'm driving at.

Bazeye
15-Jun-10, 21:34
Think its called The World Series is because when it started it was sponsored by a newspaper of the same name. Or something like that.

peter macdonald
15-Jun-10, 22:04
Not supporting England ....of course not If you want to see a team humping the ball toward a big centre forward from the back winning the World Cup then thats up to the individual...Argentina Germany and even North Korea have played better football than England played against the USA ....Beckenbauer hit the nail on the head about England "its just kick and rush"
Sorry PP or Gordon its not racialism ..just terrible football
PM
ps I remember a lot of comments made by English TV presenters about Scottish goalkeepers in the 1970s-80s which bordered on racialism and borne of ignorance (how often did Greaves Hill and Wilson ever see Alan Rough play??? once,twice ?? when the guy was heroic with Partick Hibs and Celtic week in week out for a plumbers wage Did the radio 5 lackys like Alan Green ever rate Andy Goram ?? nah they had Carson Robinson James and now Green ..laughable considering they are all on about £40k a week )

Amy-Winehouse
16-Jun-10, 09:48
Not supporting England ....of course not If you want to see a team humping the ball toward a big centre forward from the back winning the World Cup then thats up to the individual...Argentina Germany and even North Korea have played better football than England played against the USA ....Beckenbauer hit the nail on the head about England "its just kick and rush"
Sorry PP or Gordon its not racialism ..just terrible football
PM
ps I remember a lot of comments made by English TV presenters about Scottish goalkeepers in the 1970s-80s which bordered on racialism and borne of ignorance (how often did Greaves Hill and Wilson ever see Alan Rough play??? once,twice ?? when the guy was heroic with Partick Hibs and Celtic week in week out for a plumbers wage Did the radio 5 lackys like Alan Green ever rate Andy Goram ?? nah they had Carson Robinson James and now Green ..laughable considering they are all on about £40k a week )

Goram was better than any of them by a country mile, I seen him play many times for Rangers & some the saves that wee guy made were simply incredible.
The late Tommy Burns once said he would have `Andy Goram ruined my life ` engraved on his tombstone as he was so good. Chris Woods was there before him but in my eyes Goram was a better goalie.

As for Alan Green, he is not an ex player , so how does he get away with some of the terrible critisicms of players that he does ?????? He calls England we but the man was born & bred in Ulster - a bit Alan Hansen-esque.

Any Robbie Earle fans on today ??? :cool: Respect for what he did hahaha, if its true there were dutch fans dressed up in advertising t-shirts in the ground so when the ball came over & the camera followed , these girls would stand up and the product they were advertising got free promotion :D Instead Fifa smelled a rat & all the girls were thrown oot but asked where they got their tickets- a friend of a friend of Robbie Earle(itv presenter) & ITV sacked him yesterday!!

The Angel Of Death
16-Jun-10, 11:34
Its nice to see that football is still the sport for the middle class man i mean why was robbie able to buy upwards of 35 tickets thats reserved for "family" fair enough 2 or 3 but the papers are quoting 150+ thats just shocking

The Drunken Duck
16-Jun-10, 13:04
[quote=porshiepoo;721340]
.....In fact every English person I know would be disgusted if a child of theirs claimed to hate Scotland 'just because'.
It appears to be very acceptable up here for children to be bought up in the time honoured tradition of hating England without any real concept of why that hatred is being......

quote]
I caught Newsround on English BBC tonight - the kids news thingy.
A wee lassie was canvassing her classmates - 'who are you supporting' - almost anyone but England came the reply - except for one sweet 'English' girl with a Scottish accent.

I suppose football is a more appropriate conduit for national hatred (this has nothing to do with 'race') than Flodden Field,Bannockburn, Prestonpans or any number of bloodstained battlefields. Almost nobody dies in football rivalry.And so we progress.

Someone quite bright observed on this topic that 'football turns people into barbarians' - A little strong but I know what she meant, given the ABE mentality.

Me? I think football is too big for its boots but if England cannot win the World Cup my next best choice would be Scotland. What a shame that's not mirrored by a majority up there. I suspect even a five year University course would not reveal the reason - unless the OU do a degree in bitterness.

Have you ever considered the fact that maybe we don't support England is because watching you lot cry little girls about it is just so much more fun ??, I never get tired of watching you lot spit the dummy because we wont.

My English mates care not a jot that I don't support them, if anything its a damn good source of banter but if your wondering why Scots think the English arrogant the answer is plainly obvious, Its the expectation from you that we should that rubs us the wrong way, then our natural "lets wind up the English" gene kicks in and hey presto .. the dummies start flying.

The English have got a right nerve complaining about us anyway, look at the Xenophobia they ramp up when they play Germany, the team I am supporting this World Cup.

The Angel Of Death
16-Jun-10, 13:34
Have you ever considered the fact that maybe we don't support England is because watching you lot cry little girls about it is just so much more fun ??, I never get tired of watching you lot spit the dummy because we wont.

My English mates care not a jot that I don't support them, if anything its a damn good source of banter but if your wondering why Scots think the English arrogant the answer is plainly obvious, Its the expectation from you that we should that rubs us the wrong way, then our natural "lets wind up the English" gene kicks in and hey presto .. the dummies start flying.

The English have got a right nerve complaining about us anyway, look at the Xenophobia they ramp up when they play Germany, the team I am supporting this World Cup.

Nail and head spring to mind another case of dont do as i do do as i tell you to

Amy-Winehouse
16-Jun-10, 15:08
Mark Lawrenson. Gary Lineker, Maggie Thatcher , David Cameron , Tony Blair, Alan Shearer James Corden , John Terry , Phil Collins , John Motson , Clive Tyldsley , Mick McCarthy(hes from Yorkshire) , Glenn Hoddle , David Beckham , Noel Edmonds , Elton John , John Barnes , Sky News , Allan Green , David Pleat , Graham Taylor , Kevin Keegan , Steve McLaren , Gary Neville , David Platt , Gazza , Stuart Pearce , Tony Adams.

Id say they were enough reasons not support England, not coz Im racist but all of the above are very arrogant , talking down evry other team in the W.C , even Spain!!????

England havnt won anything in my lifetime or been in a final , I dont want to support them & its a free country last time I looked- why should I ?? Give me a reason why I should ? & ill give you 1 why I shouldnt.

Bazeye
16-Jun-10, 16:54
Swiss 1 0 Spanish

Makes Englands result look respectable.

BIG BLUE
16-Jun-10, 17:01
if england play well they will be an "english" team but if they are crap they will be called a "british" team..........why should anyone remotely scottish show any support for ae sassinachs?[evil]

Bazeye
16-Jun-10, 17:06
if england play well they will be an "english" team but if they are crap they will be called a "british" team..........why should anyone remotely scottish show any support for ae sassinachs?[evil]

Thats bull and you know it. Btw Sassenachs are lowland Scots.

Metalattakk
17-Jun-10, 00:37
Brief highlights of the England - USA match, in a Lego-stylee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iEkp_t7CnA).

BIG BLUE
17-Jun-10, 13:18
yeah yeah?:lol: