PDA

View Full Version : local musicians from the 60's

star glazer
18-Jun-06, 16:08
Does anybody know when the reunion of local musicians from the 60's is happening at the weigh inn? Is it sometime in September?

tattoo_tearz
04-Jul-06, 16:17
star glazer i believe it will be on sat the 9th of september, will i see you there? will be good to see all these musicians that have entertained us over the years.....

nutty da drummer
04-Jul-06, 16:42
are they playing a concert, or just meeting up?

zebedy
04-Jul-06, 17:10
Gleber2 do u know if billy's cumin up for it... David ( johns brother ) said he was going to see him...

Chobbersjnr
04-Jul-06, 17:20
star glazer i believe it will be on sat the 9th of september, will i see you there? will be good to see all these musicians that have entertained us over the years.....

I can think of several prominant 60s musicians that havn't been included & some of them are real time big musicians these days

tattoo_tearz
04-Jul-06, 17:32
really? maybe they were asked but could not find the time to do it?

Chobbersjnr
04-Jul-06, 17:39
really? maybe they were asked but could not find the time to do it?

no they wern't asked. They sounded mightily surprised when I mentioned it to them. In fact they didn't have a clue

tattoo_tearz
04-Jul-06, 17:42
hmm... lol maybe they are just difficult to get along with if thats the reason then the night will be better without them.

star glazer
04-Jul-06, 18:28

You can count me in, I will certainly be there. Can't wait.:lol:

Chobbersjnr
04-Jul-06, 18:35
hmm... lol maybe they are just difficult to get along with if thats the reason then the night will be better without them.

assuming you know who "they" are

star glazer
04-Jul-06, 18:37

Exactly lol. No room at the "weigh" inn for any for any trouble makers. I am quite sure that all the prominent musicians will be there.

Chobbersjnr
04-Jul-06, 18:49
Exactly lol. No room at the "weigh" inn for any for any trouble makers. I am quite sure that all the prominent musicians will be there.

the most prominent of them all won't. Mind you it's classic caithness mentality & before you fire your guns I'm caithnessian

star glazer
04-Jul-06, 18:52
the most prominent of them all won't.
Who is not going then?

star glazer
04-Jul-06, 18:58
I can think of a few names, who if don't go to this event, would make it hardly worth going too.

tattoo_tearz
04-Jul-06, 19:14
yup should be a good night i will certainly be there. not sure who all is going to make it but from what i have heard it will a good night full of caithness' finest

star glazer
04-Jul-06, 19:17
Brilliant!! It should be a feast..

Chobbersjnr
04-Jul-06, 20:59
Who is not going then?

Graham Walker--regular drummer for Gary Moore for a fair while, among many other well known names

Robbie Manson--hasn't been on the road for a while but was last heard of working with the late great Desmond Decker

Stephan Kossemba--plays in a blues band called Blues Review (last heard of anyway)

Dick Levins--plays with his sons called Levins, Levins & Levins

& that's just four of a fair number, also that said four have to be among the absolute best to come out of caithness

I wonder if Andy Munro has been invited

so SG that's who's not coming

tattoo_tearz
06-Jul-06, 16:29
oh well god knows, not really sure who is organising it. i supose its important to remember that the event is not a competition so it would be good to have those names there on the night but lets not take anything away from the musicians that WILL be there.

DOC ROCK
06-Jul-06, 16:56
oh well god knows, not really sure who is organising it. i supose its important to remember that the event is not a competition so it would be good to have those names there on the night but lets not take anything away from the musicians that WILL be there.

Maybe it should be a competition, like a battle of the bands. Now that would be worth going too..All the old timers giving their all. lol:lol:

tattoo_tearz
12-Jul-06, 17:55
i think you are on to something there Doc ...."strats at dawn" :lol: :lol:

DOC ROCK
16-Jul-06, 17:14
Is this the alternative "Big gig" for the old timers?