PDA

View Full Version : Caithness courier 9/6/10

upolian
09-Jun-10, 19:57
Iam very interested to why on the front page,have they mentioned a person falling of a float,when the article is about 'drink crackdown for gala floats' the person wasn't drunk,they have printed absolute rubbish:lol::lol: Well it is a newspaper after all..................

Lets keep this thread on topic :)

mrlennie
09-Jun-10, 20:27
Iam very interested to why on the front page,have they mentioned a person falling of a float,when the article is about 'drink crackdown for gala floats' the person wasn't drunk,they have printed absolute rubbish:lol::lol: Well it is a newspaper after all..................

I think its terrible...

alanatkie
09-Jun-10, 22:58
have to agree upolian - it is stupid but there is some people out there that will believe everything they read in the paper more fool them for doing so :roll:

Liz
09-Jun-10, 23:00
You would think a local paper like the Courier would be able to verify that what they were printing was the truth but seems not.:confused

phil_moonbeam
09-Jun-10, 23:18
we can say bye bye to the gala drinking on e floats is part of it people who go on the floats are all volenteers and need dutch courage to do it most people dont abuse it and its only one nite a year in wick

so leave it alone thats my opinion dont ban the drinking on gala nite

jf you do you should ban drink at the hogmanay street partys in wick and thurso too
but cant see that happening

so come on orgers get yer hackles up save the gala as no drink on the floats will mean next year there will be no floats as most people wont want to participate no floats no gala whats the point then in having one as its all the wrll decorated floats that make the money for gala

SO WE ALL SAY DONT STOP THE FUN ITS ONLY ONE NITE COME ON ALL YOU ORGERS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT SPEAK OUT NOW

scorrie
09-Jun-10, 23:23
Iam very interested to why on the front page,have they mentioned a person falling of a float,when the article is about 'drink crackdown for gala floats' the person wasn't drunk,they have printed absolute rubbish:lol:Well it is a newspaper after all..................

I heard it was Karen Spruce and that she was pushed ;)

Maybe the Courier saw it and thought it said "she was pished"

Well, you asked to keep it on topic!!

upolian
10-Jun-10, 09:48
i heard it was karen spruce and that she was pushed ;)

maybe the courier saw it and thought it said "she was pished"

well, you asked to keep it on topic!!

looooooool

The Angel Of Death
10-Jun-10, 11:36
Its all to do we the new drinking laws passed a few months ago basically you cant have an open alcohol container in the street so it will be interesting to see if they keep it in place for the gala or "relax" it for the night

Liz
10-Jun-10, 12:38
I heard it was Karen Spruce and that she was pushed ;)

Maybe the Courier saw it and thought it said "she was pished"

Well, you asked to keep it on topic!!

Ha ha Scorrie that is absolutely brilliant!!!!:lol::lol:

upolian
10-Jun-10, 16:18
People will be drinking on the floats REGARDLESS!

brandy
10-Jun-10, 16:25
*grins* as long as the drivers are not drinking!!! and the guys on the floats arnt stupid drunk i dont see a problem. and im a conservative kinda gal!

upolian
10-Jun-10, 16:27
I know quite a few people that was on the floats last year,i think we all know what happens lol

Everybody wil be getting breathalised next :lol:

rainbow
10-Jun-10, 19:10
Well in my opinion alot of people may just have their alcohol before the floats - take too much and be more of a hazard. I have a wee drink on the float, but as I am usually collecting most of the time I am usually just 'merry'. It won't be the same without my bottle - but there are ways and means.........

Blarney
10-Jun-10, 23:37

I read that and my understanding of it was that they were reporting what someone had said at the meeting not making a statement or assumption themselves.

catnip
11-Jun-10, 12:37
I have been on many floats and have fallen off twice.
1. Lifting the petrol generator off the float outside the assembly rooms, due to the generator being heavier than me and I landed right on top of it.

2. Some stupid was throwing eggs at floats and I slipped and landed on my back in breadalbane tce.

So accidents do happen and I have to say that if it was not for having a few drams I probably would have been in severe pain.

Plastic water bottles are great camouflage!