PDA

View Full Version : does anyone use Virgin Mobile?

hardcore superstar
09-Jun-10, 14:10
My phone is about 6 years old so I thought it was about time to get a new one ... one with the internet. ooooooohhhh. Virgin mobile have some good deals at the moment but would be grateful if anyone who's on this network could comment on the network coverage in Caithness ... Thurso in particular.

According to their website my postcode gets 'very good coverage' for 2G but 3G is non-existent. Can anyone share their experience?

zagor
09-Jun-10, 14:40
I come up to Thurso often and I have allways had problems with my phone on virgin network when I'am there a few areas pennyland and lower ormlie I was lucky to get a signal :(

Kodiak
09-Jun-10, 14:41
How can anything be used and a Virgin at the same time? [lol]

scorrie
09-Jun-10, 14:43
My phone is about 6 years old so I thought it was about time to get a new one ... one with the internet. ooooooohhhh. Virgin mobile have some good deals at the moment but would be grateful if anyone who's on this network could comment on the network coverage in Caithness ... Thurso in particular.

According to their website my postcode gets 'very good coverage' for 2G but 3G is non-existent. Can anyone share their experience?

Virgin are actually a "Virtual" Network and use T-Mobile's network.

Gronnuck
09-Jun-10, 14:46
I gave up on Virgin a year ago. Coverage was patchy across the county and they had no plans to introduce 3G.

hardcore superstar
10-Jun-10, 12:56
Thanks very much for your comments. You may have saved me from making a big mistake.

riggerboy
10-Jun-10, 13:59
nope my fone is not a virgin its been well used,

i think its a vodafone ????