PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha there goes that theory!

Vistravi
09-Jun-10, 11:20
The theory that a baby needs quiet to get to sleep and to stay sleeping has been thrown out the window by my son.

He was cranky this morning and refused to sleep. At the time the room was pretty quiet. I put on some music, just what my step sister had left in the hi fi. Sound within 5 minutes :lol:

Obviously as he can sleep through his dad's awful snoring then he's well and truly noise tolerant!

Gronnuck
09-Jun-10, 13:43
How many parents have found their child fast asleep in the back of the car after driving through a city centre with all the yelling, clattering and noise and then there's noise from outside the car . . . . .

Loraine
09-Jun-10, 15:31
My eldest daughter would only settle to sleep if the hoover was on. We ended up recording the sound of the hoover and playing it for her to help her get off to sleep. However, once asleep she woke up very easily!! :roll::mad:
Kids are infuriating at times....just when you think you've got them sussed, they change again and you're back to square one!! :Razz

Beat Bug
09-Jun-10, 15:54
Think about it! Before being born, they hear a lot of noise, and they wake and sleep through it all. When my eldest, now in her mid 30's, was a baby, we just lived as normal, making all the usual noises associated with everyday living. Our next door neighbour, with a baby the same age, was always knocking on our door asking us to be quiet as her son was sleeping. I usually replied that so was my daughter, and that if I tiptoed around and turned the radio off, she would wake up and wonder where we were! Babies get used to whatever environment they're born into.

And yes Gronnuck, my 3 all slept well in the car. So much so, that if they couldn't get to sleep, we put them in the car and drove around the block a few times. Worked every time!

carasmam
09-Jun-10, 16:33
Little C always woke more when it was silent, maybe she did wonder if we'd forgotten about her and gone out :lol: It is better if you can just go about your day instead of tip-toeing around when the baby is snoozing.

Hope you are all well Vistravi x

Vistravi
09-Jun-10, 19:07
How many parents have found their child fast asleep in the back of the car after driving through a city centre with all the yelling, clattering and noise and then there's noise from outside the car . . . . .

He's always sound in the car when the music is on and we're chatting about something. Just what we did when he was in my womb. :)

Vistravi
09-Jun-10, 19:08
Little C always woke more when it was silent, maybe she did wonder if we'd forgotten about her and gone out :lol: It is better if you can just go about your day instead of tip-toeing around when the baby is snoozing.

Hope you are all well Vistravi x

We are all well, getting used to not having much sleep. I've found the best thing is to not expect much at night so when i get an extra hour on a good night i'm quite happy lol.

I've noticed that he'll wake up to the sound of me creeping past his moses basket in our room often with his dad snoring his beak of lol. Not sure how that works lol.

carasmam
09-Jun-10, 22:48
:lol: You'll know every squeaky floorboard in your house pretty soon, I still miss the 2nd from top step of our stairs purely out of habit now as it was like a bomb going off in the middle of the night [lol]

squidge
09-Jun-10, 23:33
Wee fianna-rose slept through musket fire and then gunfire that had me jumping through the roof of the tent at our last show. She never flinched.

The noise in our house is constant - people come and go all the time and the boys play their music and the babies sleep through it all

I sometimes think you could march a band through their room and they wouldnt wake. Babies are amazing

Dadie
10-Jun-10, 11:06
Just dont creep round a sleeping baby!
You are creating problems with nosy toddlers waking at every sound later on!
I can hoover round Euan while he is blissfully sleeping while his sisters are also making a racket..... drums, shakers, tamborine etc...as well as pots and pans and wooden spoons noise making is happening in the same room as him!
Sometimes the house is too quiet at night time and that is when we have problems getting him to sleep:lol:

I can even hoover and tidy Laurens room and move her bed without waking her!

Iona on the otherhand will sleep through any noise in the house apart from the creak of her bedroom door opening:eek: