PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

shamrock2007
09-Jun-10, 11:17
Hi all i would like your help please. I started my own catering business KCC last year & its going really well, I know feel its time to get a wee shop & start a wee restaurant/bistro (in Wick). I would love to bring back high teas, sweet trolleys & afternoon teas, home cooking at affordable prices. Another thing I am thinking about is a salad bar. I would be grateful of any suggestions or thoughts to mine, thanks in advance Kirsteen :D

upolian
09-Jun-10, 11:42
Sounds like a really good idea to me,i have no suggestions but to get 1 open asap lol

wicker8
09-Jun-10, 11:44
Hi all i would like your help please. I started my own catering business KCC last year & its going really well, I know feel its time to get a wee shop & start a wee restaurant/bistro (in Wick). I would love to bring back high teas, sweet trolleys & afternoon teas, home cooking at affordable prices. Another thing I am thinking about is a salad bar. I would be grateful of any suggestions or thoughts to mine, thanks in advance Kirsteen :Dhi kirsteen i would love a salad bar and i miss my high teas it sounds fantastic i for one would be a regular go for it your catering is superb you cant go wrong i wish you the best of luck:Razz

only me
09-Jun-10, 11:47
sounds great good luck

Ajax
09-Jun-10, 11:49
love it maybe think of doing a baked potatoe corner good luck :cool:

Ajax
09-Jun-10, 11:52
good i love healthy eating wishing you all the best :cool:

Rictina
09-Jun-10, 12:16
Sounds a lovely idea, I wish you the very best of luck.

Go for it I say. :)

Doreen
09-Jun-10, 12:59
It would be an excellent idea for someone to do gluten free foods every where you go when out there is nothing i can eat and i do believe there is a lot of coliacs out threre who feels the same way it is a nightmare:(

shamrock2007
09-Jun-10, 13:04
Thanks everyone. Love the Baked Potato idea. Doreen i've been doing a lot of reading up on Gluten Free foods & playing with recipies so hopefully this would be something on offer aswell.

Doreen
09-Jun-10, 13:08
How good that would be to be able to go out for lunch heres hoping:D

Liz
09-Jun-10, 13:12
What a great idea and sure you would do really well since you already have such a good reputation.

I know it would be hard to cater for all special diets but quite a few folk can't eat dairy so if you could offer some dairy free alternatives that would be good. Also vegetarian options.

Good luck and well done!:D

chocolatechip
09-Jun-10, 13:31
Hi, there is a shop on the on Bridge ST where the Gift-box used to be. I don't if that would be any help to you. But its a great idea some-where different.

shamrock2007
09-Jun-10, 13:50
I love researching different kids of foods & restrictions so hope to try to cater for most. I phoned about that shop today chocolatechip waiting for a phonecall back about viewing. Viewed 3 yest, so hopefully it will all come together. Thanks everyone for the good feedback

cherokee
09-Jun-10, 15:15
Just wanted to wish you all the very best shamrock !

I think Wick would benefit from somewhere to eat like you're suggesting to expand into, especially, as other orgers have commented, there is a lot of dietary restrictions which prevent people having the enjoyment of dining out !:(

Good Luck and Look Forward to hearing how it goes with you !:)

Hoida
09-Jun-10, 15:22
Sounds a great idea and wish you all the best in finding suitable premises :lol:

ŠAmethyst
09-Jun-10, 15:23
Doreen, what a great idea... I hadn't thought of it myself even though I struggle to find food on the menu that I can eat when I go out, and haven't had a pudding with a meal at a restaurant in a very long time (lactose intolerant). Having somewhere that is willing to cater to people with dietary requirements would be superb!

Shamrock, I wish you all the best with this venture and hope to be able to visit once you get it open! :)

Kodiak
09-Jun-10, 15:27
Excellent idea and I for one would be happy to drive through to Wick from Thurso for a good High Tea.

That is what is missing a place to go for a real good High Tea. Yum, Yum !!! :D

Gleber2
09-Jun-10, 16:17
There is a great shortage of good vegetarian food in Caithness. It is good also, to know that vegans will not eat vegetarian food but vegetarians will eat vegan. It is almost impossible to get a good vegan meal up here.

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 16:21
I think a lot of the venison is certified vegan. Mind you I am sure the deer take the occasional slug, so best check with the supplier.

Julia
09-Jun-10, 16:52
I'd love somewhere with a salad bar, yum!

donnick
09-Jun-10, 17:42
any place that provides great food and great service is a thumbs up from me .i wish you luck in your venture as i am sure it will not be easy to set up but very exciting for you .............

cherokee
09-Jun-10, 17:50
I think a lot of the venison is certified vegan. Mind you I am sure the deer take the occasional slug, so best check with the supplier.

Where the heck does "venison" come into this thread ?[evil]

Gleber2
09-Jun-10, 17:52
Venison can't be expanding either.:)

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 20:04
Where the heck does "venison" come into this thread ?[evil]

Just my sense of humour controlling the keyboard again.

Avoiding the cliche, "I don't mind vegans, but I couldn't eat a whole one."

I have just gone back to a veggie diet, but there is no way I could contemplate going vegan, just too hard.

I applaud any attempt to bring healthy eating as a concept to the high street. Juice bar would be good too.

:)

Jenni
09-Jun-10, 23:13
I often wish there was a cafe type place open in the evenings. Just somewhere simple where you can meet up with mates for a coffee, chat and some home baking. Plenty of places open during the day but by time you finish work etc it would be nice to go for a walk and pop in for a coffee before heading home.
Extended hours for Tempest in Thurso or Wickers World in Wick would be excellent.

teenybash
09-Jun-10, 23:50
Best of luck and your ideas certainly sound good....You definately have a customer here!!!!!:)

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 23:58
Best of luck and your ideas certainly sound good....You definately have a customer here!!!!!:)

Same here, whenever I am up I will make a point of visiting. Best wishes with your new venture, Caithness needs more entrepreneurs. :)

Margaret M.
10-Jun-10, 03:04
That's great news, Shamrock! Some vegan/healthier options would be really nice. One of my favourite places to eat here in the U.S. is Sweet Tomatoes. They have a salad bar with lots of items, a soup bar, pastas, baked potatoes, bread, muffins and desserts. They have something for everyone.

Good luck with it and I will definitely stop by if you are open by August.

shamrock2007
10-Jun-10, 20:43
Thanks everyone for your kind wishes & suggestions

bella
12-Jun-10, 19:17
for the old gift box place would you not need to have wheel chair access just a thought :D

afran
06-Apr-11, 17:04
you have too many private messages i your email box and i cant get back to you about the fiesta, give me a call my number is on the page. cheers

The Drunken Duck
06-Apr-11, 17:19
I was home recently and really missed my Subway fix. Maybe something along those line might be popular.

Doreen
06-Apr-11, 19:48
Gluten free food as i dont think any where caters for it how i woul love to be able to eat out and sanwiches its so frustrating not being able to eat out and i know there are quite a celiacs about people think we are just on fad diets when i ask if its gluten free but they dont realize its a disease.

wickscorrie
06-Apr-11, 20:25
shamrock now has ownership of the lunch box in wick

Doreen
06-Apr-11, 20:37
Well done good luck will be looking forward to coming to wick for some food.

shamrock2007
07-Apr-11, 20:35
Thanks folks yeah took over The Lunch Box in December, really enjoying it. Hoping that if everything goes according to plan that I should have my new menu in place again for next week along with Gluten Free bread for Sandwiches

bagpuss
07-Apr-11, 21:32
Any chance of home made white chocolate fudge? I'm due up on a visit soon

shamrock2007
12-Apr-11, 20:57
Not something i've ever made Bagpuss, if I get time I might give it a bash

Liz
12-Apr-11, 22:21
Thanks folks yeah took over The Lunch Box in December, really enjoying it. Hoping that if everything goes according to plan that I should have my new menu in place again for next week along with Gluten Free bread for Sandwiches

What a great idea! I must have a look at your new menu as I have Crohns and there are quite a few things I can't eat. Is the 'spread' you use in your sandwiches dairy free or do you use butter?

Kodiak
12-Apr-11, 22:26

Just for people like me who do not know. Could you please advise exactly where the "Lunch Box" is so that me & Mrs Kodiak can come through and Visit you for Lunch or Afternoon Tea.

We like to out for a Drive and to go somewhere for something nice to munch on while we are out. :D

Eilanboy
13-Apr-11, 09:33
Just for people like me who do not know. Could you please advise exactly where the "Lunch Box" is so that me & Mrs Kodiak can come through and Visit you for Lunch or Afternoon Tea.

We like to out for a Drive and to go somewhere for something nice to munch on while we are out. :D

Kodiak it is in Fraancis Street beside the traffic lughts at the junction with Thurso Road

Liz
13-Apr-11, 13:52
There is a great shortage of good vegetarian food in Caithness. It is good also, to know that vegans will not eat vegetarian food but vegetarians will eat vegan. It is almost impossible to get a good vegan meal up here.

I completely agree with you Gleber2 and would be lovely for us vegetarians and vegans to get a nice meal, or snack,which we don't have to cook ourselves. I have the added problem of dietary restrictions so hoping that Shamrock2007 will come up with some tasty treats.

Good luck and hope you get the premises you want.:D

shamrock2007
13-Apr-11, 20:34
Thanks everyone for your feedback, everyone of my customers is important to me & in this day & age I think everyone should be catered for. At the moment all sandwiches are made with margarine but leave it will be & I will take in a tub of the lactofree spread to have in & you can have a sandwich made up especially for you. I have the next couple of days off to catch up with housework & spend some time with my kiddies but will get that organised for Saturday. You can find us at 1-2 Francis Street, Wick, KW1 5PZ

orkneycadian
13-Apr-11, 20:55
At the moment all sandwiches are made with margarine ....

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSvPh7wn2miO2IHQ_puMWS8UPS9_ewo 1YRLHxgDAwxzndNuNbq

Wot, no butter?

shamrock2007
13-Apr-11, 21:03
Margarine is healthier! lol We do stock both butter or flora margarine though

orkneycadian
13-Apr-11, 21:06
Theres a place in Kirkwall asks you if you want butter on your roll - Then proceed to spread it with plastic margarine!

bekisman
13-Apr-11, 21:50
Theres a place in Kirkwall asks you if you want butter on your roll - Then proceed to spread it with plastic margarine!
They don't do that in Tesco, Wick!

orkneycadian
13-Apr-11, 22:02
Fortunately, they don't do it in many places over here either!

Liz
13-Apr-11, 23:21
Thanks everyone for your feedback, everyone of my customers is important to me & in this day & age I think everyone should be catered for. At the moment all sandwiches are made with margarine but leave it will be & I will take in a tub of the lactofree spread to have in & you can have a sandwich made up especially for you. I have the next couple of days off to catch up with housework & spend some time with my kiddies but will get that organised for Saturday. You can find us at 1-2 Francis Street, Wick, KW1 5PZ

That is so nice to hear.:D

The Pure range of spreads are really nice and would be suitable for vegans as well so would save you faffing about with different spreads.
When will you new menus be ready so I can pop in and get one?

Enjoy your days off although it sounds like you'll be busy!