PDA

View Full Version : sun cream

wicker8
09-Jun-10, 09:35
:Razzwhat is a good sun cream for sensitive skin anyone know ?

Sandra_B
09-Jun-10, 10:05
Have you tried a childrens one?

wicker8
09-Jun-10, 11:40
Have you tried a childrens one? no sandra do u think that would be best

stroma88
09-Jun-10, 11:47
you can get alot of moisturisers with sun cream in them now but im not sure what SPF they go up to.
i know that palmers body butter has a SPF 15 moisturiser but that may not be high enough if youre going out in the sun for a long time.

i found this one that you can get from boots. £16 though...maybe childrens stuff would do the trick too but im not sure

0http://www.boots.com/en/Clarins-Sun-Care-Cream-High-Protection-For-Sun-Sensitive-Skin-UVB-30_117564/?CAWELAID=334503717&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_---_-Clarins%20Sun%20Care%20Cream%20High%20Protection%2 0For%20SunSensitive%20Skin%20UVB%2030

wicker8
09-Jun-10, 19:52
you can get alot of moisturisers with sun cream in them now but im not sure what SPF they go up to.
i know that palmers body butter has a SPF 15 moisturiser but that may not be high enough if youre going out in the sun for a long time.

i found this one that you can get from boots. £16 though...maybe childrens stuff would do the trick too but im not sure

0http://www.boots.com/en/Clarins-Sun-Care-Cream-High-Protection-For-Sun-Sensitive-Skin-UVB-30_117564/?CAWELAID=334503717&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_---_-Clarins%20Sun%20Care%20Cream%20High%20Protection%2 0For%20SunSensitive%20Skin%20UVB%2030
many thanks for that i do believe its a very good cream its worth a try thanks again

marlyn
09-Jun-10, 20:40
Hiya, 1 of my girls has got sensitive skin with most suncreams, I asked in a health shop which was the best to get for her and they said that it is normally the parabens which cause skin irritation, I have been buying 1 made by J/A/S/O/N for the last couple of years for her and she has had no problems at all since then, it was not in Caithness that I bought it, but probably worth asking in the health shop in Thurso.

George Brims
09-Jun-10, 21:18
Hiya, 1 of my girls has got sensitive skin with most suncreams, I asked in a health shop which was the best to get for her and they said that it is normally the parabens which cause skin irritation, I have been buying 1 made by J/A/S/O/N for the last couple of years for her and she has had no problems at all since then, it was not in Caithness that I bought it, but probably worth asking in the health shop in Thurso.
They weren't quite telling porkies there, but they were sticking to their "Natural is best" mantra. One of the silliest things they put in sun creams is Oil of Bergamot, which actually causes photosensitization of the skin in many people! You can recognise Bergamot by its citrus smell (it's a citrus fruit with inedible bitter flesh). It's actually in lots of things (perfumes, Earl Grey tea), but its use in sun products seems a bit daft to me

mumof2
09-Jun-10, 21:40
i've got sensitive/ tempermental skin and i always use a kiddies cream like johnsons&johnsons, i find that they're spot on especially when abroad and needing a high factor. i use factor 50 on my feet (got em burnt once, aint risking it again)

wicker8
09-Jun-10, 21:56
Hiya, 1 of my girls has got sensitive skin with most suncreams, I asked in a health shop which was the best to get for her and they said that it is normally the parabens which cause skin irritation, I have been buying 1 made by J/A/S/O/N for the last couple of years for her and she has had no problems at all since then, it was not in Caithness that I bought it, but probably worth asking in the health shop in Thurso.hi marlyn many thanks i will phone and ask thank you so much:Razz

wicker8
09-Jun-10, 21:57
i've got sensitive/ tempermental skin and i always use a kiddies cream like johnsons&johnsons, i find that they're spot on especially when abroad and needing a high factor. i use factor 50 on my feet (got em burnt once, aint risking it again)your like me i have very sensitive skin thanks for your advice

poppett
09-Jun-10, 22:43
I use Nivea suncream as moisturiser from May to September so I never get caught out if the sun appears as I burn within two minutes. They do an aftersun as well which I use if away from home, but at home use lashings of Aqueous cream to cool the hotspots.

wicker8
10-Jun-10, 10:43
I use Nivea suncream as moisturiser from May to September so I never get caught out if the sun appears as I burn within two minutes. They do an aftersun as well which I use if away from home, but at home use lashings of Aqueous cream to cool the hotspots.hi thanks for that i will try aqueous as i get these hot spos and i try not to itch

riggerboy
10-Jun-10, 10:52
factor 40 by healy hanson also known as a duffelcoat that keep the sun off you

Dadie
10-Jun-10, 11:29
ps Aqueous cream is not really a moisturiser and should be wiped/washed off!
you would be better with lashings of aftersun, aloe vera gel or a moisturiser!