PDA

View Full Version : any one like vintage cars

transit
08-Jun-10, 21:24
i just bought a 1933 ford model 7y its a cracker anyone know of any other model y owners around

mrlennie
08-Jun-10, 22:29
Could you post some pics when you get chance? I don't know of anyone with a car as old as this..

Dadie
08-Jun-10, 22:35
Who is the guy with watten showroom?
Think there is at least 1 classic car in there!
Im a girl and never noted the age or make or model though:lol:

Bobinovich
08-Jun-10, 22:41
You could always contact Caithness & Sutherland Vintage Vehicle Club (CSVVC) (http://www.csvvc.org/) - I'm sure they'd be able to put you in touch with any members with such models.

carasmam
08-Jun-10, 22:45
Would love to see photos, my Dad is always going on about his old model y. Did you get it locally? :D

pegasus
08-Jun-10, 23:03
Im a girl and never noted the age or make or model though:lol:
just the color:lol:

Dadie
08-Jun-10, 23:07
Errmm I never even took note of the colour...
must have been too blonde that day:lol:
In defence I was trying to watch 2 small children wanting to touch things too expensive for me to buy if broken:eek:

Geo
09-Jun-10, 00:34
There are some lovely classic cars in Caithness. I saw one today which was from a British manufacturer I hadn't heard of, Lea-Francis. It was a beauty and the owner had done an amazing restoration on it. He was saying there is a classic car rally at John O'Groats on Sunday. I think it starts about midday.

George Brims
09-Jun-10, 01:58
If any of you ever get to LA, go to the Peterson Automotive Museum (and the La Brea Tar Pits across the street for that matter). I just finally got around to seeing that place last week after living here 20+ years, and it's great. Two visitors from Inversnecky were equally impressed.

upolian
09-Jun-10, 07:51
I see a wolseley daily,really nice car,very clean to :)

Also a big fan of the mgb gt's :D

There is a car similar to your's at ormlie taxi's transit,my uncle restored it i will ask what make model it is,looks pretty similar :)