PDA

View Full Version : This Forum

Mr P Cannop
25-May-04, 14:41
why not put the main page topics in a to z order ?? on this forum ??

jjc
25-May-04, 14:44
Because if somebody wants to talk about Zimbabwe it will be at the bottom of the list and nobody will see it... by putting the most recent topics at the top of the list it is easy for us to see new posts.

Mr P Cannop
25-May-04, 15:18
did not mean the topics

the forum before u log in ??

like broadband and so on ??

jjc
25-May-04, 15:23
Sorry Paul, my mistake.

I guess the same applies to the forums on the front page though... The rules ar eat the very top because they are important and need to be read. General is at the top of the 'General' section because it is where most people post. Being at the top just makes it user friendly.

Mr P Cannop
25-May-04, 15:49
sorry i mean the forum names any one else know what i mean ??

jjc
25-May-04, 17:08
Paul,

I do know what you mean. You mean the names like 'General', 'Genealogy' and 'Job Vacancies'.

What I was trying to say is that alphabetically 'Births, Deaths & Marriages' would be at the top of the page but it has been over a month since anybody posted in that forum. The most popular forum here is 'General' and - apart from the Forum Rules (which, I think, should always be the first thing people look at when they join a board) - is the first forum people see.

It's just giving people what they want without making them have to go hunting for it.

Mr P Cannop
25-May-04, 19:07
'General', 'Genealogy' and 'Job Vacancies'

that sort of thing should be a to z ??

jjc
25-May-04, 21:23
Okay Paul. Why should it be alphabetical?

Mr P Cannop
26-May-04, 06:22
it will look better i think

JAWS
26-May-04, 14:58
Apart from General and Chatroom it is Alphabetical.

Mr P Cannop
26-May-04, 15:15
should be a to z ??

stixie
26-May-04, 15:36
I dont really think it matters. I would agree if there were hundreds of topics but as there are only a few it makes more sense to have them in order of popularity rather than alphabetically.

I understand why you want them alphabetically as it gives things a good outlay,but there are some things that are better with another listed form, this being one of them.

blueneep
26-May-04, 16:09
I agree with you popularity rather than alphabeticaly [lol] [lol] :lol:

MadPict
28-May-04, 01:07
I would like to see it arranged numerically... numbers are just as important :~(

Anonymous
28-May-04, 09:13
it is arranged numerically, you just have to translate the letters to numbers using complex fractal mapping techniques, divide them all by the cosmological constant and hey presto, they come out in 1,2,3,4,5 order. Good eh ? :roll:

golach
28-May-04, 10:07
Niall,
oh ye are sharp this morning, been on Scotlands other National drink last night? [lol]
Golach

blueneep
01-Jun-04, 10:29
nice one niall :D :D :lol: