PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken identity

Gleber2
08-Jun-10, 16:32
Quite a few times, recently, it has been implied or stated that the late departed Stavros and Pegasus are one and the same. I know Stavros and on a particular date he was at my home from eight o clock to the wee small hours and, on looking back, Pegasus was posting all evening. Ergo, it would be safe to conclude that he is not Stavros!:Razz

cherokee
08-Jun-10, 16:33
Thanks for that Gleber - I'll be able to sleep tonight now !!;)

Metalattakk
08-Jun-10, 16:36
Quite a few times, recently, it has been implied or stated that the late departed Stavros and Pegasus are one and the same. I know Stavros and on a particular date he was at my home from eight o clock to the wee small hours and, on looking back, Pegasus was posting all evening. Ergo, it would be safe to conclude that he is not Stavros!:Razz

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Anyway, it would be easy for the mods to check the IP addresses in the database. If his was to match yours at any given point then you'd both be hung out to dry.

"Bang to rights", as they say. :Razz

Saveman
08-Jun-10, 16:39
Modern technology is great. You can sit and chat away to someone while also posting on your local community forum on your iPhone...... ;)

Gleber2
08-Jun-10, 16:55
Modern technology is great. You can sit and chat away to someone while also posting on your local community forum on your iPhone...... ;)
Stavros was sitting among 80 folk listening to excellent jazz and would have stuck out like a sore thumb if he had been fiddling with a mobile all night particularly when we do not have mobile reception at the Lighthouse.

Saveman
08-Jun-10, 16:56
Stavros was sitting among 80 folk listening to excellent jazz and would have stuck out like a sore thumb if he had been fiddling with a mobile all night particularly when we do not have mobile reception at the Lighthouse.

The winky smiley face is an indication of light-hearted banter, messing about......joking....as opposed to a serious accusation. :)

Gleber2
08-Jun-10, 16:58
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Anyway, it would be easy for the mods to check the IP addresses in the database. If his was to match yours at any given point then you'd both be hung out to dry.

"Bang to rights", as they say. :Razz
Resent your implications but that is not unusual. Anyway, I was not protesting, I was merely pointing out something. I do not know Pegasus as far as I know.

Gleber2
08-Jun-10, 17:00
The winky smiley face is an indication of light-hearted banter, messing about......joking....as opposed to a serious accusation. :)
I ken at, biy, and took no offence. Nice to be talking to you again. We lurking oldtimers should emmerge a bit more. I miss the banter and disputes we had of yore.[evil]

Saveman
08-Jun-10, 17:12
I ken at, biy, and took no offence. Nice to be talking to you again. We lurking oldtimers should emmerge a bit more. I miss the banter and disputes we had of yore.[evil]

Ayeee indeed.....those halcyon days of Orger fun, joy and reasoned debate......

These Johnny-come-latelys wouldn't know a debate from an argument..... ;)

northener
08-Jun-10, 17:26
Dammit, I'm going to have to think up something else to annoy Pegasus with now........

Hope Stav is keeping well, anyway.

fred
08-Jun-10, 17:40

I don't know what made people think Pegasus was Stavro, they're completely different. Stavro would never have said the things about the Bible Pegasus has.

But once again the clique were certain they were right and they hounded and intimidated someone on the strength of it.

northener
08-Jun-10, 18:03
I don't know what made people think Pegasus was Stavro, they're completely different. Stavro would never have said the things about the Bible Pegasus has.

But once again the clique were certain they were right and they hounded and intimidated someone on the strength of it.

Lay of the 'clique' guff, Fred. It's tiresome.

When Pegasus first started posting the similarities in posting style (and many of the comments in the early posts) between Stav and Peggy were commented on by a number of people. It soon became obvious that they weren't the same person.....but there's nothing like a bit of scurrility (made up word?) to brighten up an otherwise dull day......;):Razz

I'll hold my hand up, I was pretty well convinced P was a sockpuppet....may still be, actually.....

Gleber2
08-Jun-10, 18:05
Scurrility.....Now there's a fine word. Orgscurrility is rife these days.:)

northener
08-Jun-10, 18:07
Scurrility.....Now there's a fine word. Orgscurrility is rife these days.:)

Copyright!

Gleber2
08-Jun-10, 18:09
Copyright!
Don't be a nasty scurrillist.

fred
08-Jun-10, 18:10
Lay of the 'clique' guff, Fred. It's tiresome.

When Pegasus first started posting the similarities in posting style (and many of the comments in the early posts) between Stav and Peggy were commented on by a number of people. It soon became obvious that they weren't the same person.....but there's nothing like a bit of scurrility (made up word?) to brighten up an otherwise dull day......;):Razz

I'll hold my hand up, I was pretty well convinced P was a sockpuppet....may still be, actually.....

Well yes but not only were they accusing Pegasus of being Stavro they were accusing Stavro of being a Nazi and a Holocaust denier.

That isn't just a bit of fun, that is scandal mongering.

northener
08-Jun-10, 18:19
Well yes but not only were they accusing Pegasus of being Stavro they were accusing Stavro of being a Nazi and a Holocaust denier.

That isn't just a bit of fun, that is scandal mongering.

I don't really want to go into the whole Stavro thing again Fred, as I feel it'll just lead to a big fallout. But Stav said some pretty disturbing stuff on some of the posts that were pulled by the Mods.

I think it would be best if we all agreed to have our different opinions upon the manner of Stavs' departure and leave it at that. We can't really achieve anything positive or come to some sort of closure by constantly picking at the festering wound, as it were.

Just for the record, even though I disagreed with much of his world view, he said what he believed in and I respected him for that.

With respect Fred, there'll be no more from me on the subject of Stavros' departure.

Apart from winding Pegasus up, that is.:Razz

Gleber2
09-Jun-10, 13:33
I don't really want to go into the whole Stavro thing again Fred, as I feel it'll just lead to a big fallout. But Stav said some pretty disturbing stuff on some of the posts that were pulled by the Mods.

I think it would be best if we all agreed to have our different opinions upon the manner of Stavs' departure and leave it at that. We can't really achieve anything positive or come to some sort of closure by constantly picking at the festering wound, as it were.

Just for the record, even though I disagreed with much of his world view, he said what he believed in and I respected him for that.

With respect Fred, there'll be no more from me on the subject of Stavros' departure.

Apart from winding Pegasus up, that is.:Razz
Fairy Nuff!!!!!