PDA

View Full Version : Oh, how I laughed...

northener
08-Jun-10, 13:57
.....had my new shiny 10 plate driving school car turn up on a transporter today from Dahn Sarf.

Off I skipped to look at it when the driver had taken it off the trailer, all full of the joys of early Summer. Clocked the registration - all good.

Looked at the car and said to the driver " I think there's been a mistake here".

Sat there was a 3 door Fiesta...I ordered a 5 door.

Looked at drivers paperwork - it said 5 door and the correct registration....car is 3 door and the correct registration. Oh, (expletives deleted) it.

Checked chassis number - car doesn't have right chassis number. Cue phonecalls to a suprised and dismayed dealer.

Turns out some plonker had affixed my registration to the wrong car. The fact that the car is 2 doors short of what it should have been had escaped the notice of the screwdriver wielding lackey and everyone involved from that point onwards.

Dealer does frantic phone around and despatches various lackeys to check all other new cars in their (very large) compound. It turns out that my car had been delivered somewhere nice and handily local......Kent:eek:

It also turns out that the guy in Kent had taken delivery of my 5 door car in place of the 3 door he had ordered last Friday and not said anything!!![evil]

Cheeky thieving Kentish pikey scumbag, I bet he lives in Leysdown.

So I've now got it in for anyone from Kent who drives a Fiesta.

That is all. Have a nice day....not.[disgust]

upolian
08-Jun-10, 14:32
Ford seem to be getting worse and worse,have you seen the mess they make of painting cars?id send it back and get a corsa[lol]

northener
08-Jun-10, 14:45
Ford seem to be getting worse and worse,have you seen the mess they make of painting cars?id send it back and get a corsa[lol]

Always had Corsas for teaching in for the past 8 years, but the new shape 3 door doesn't have a lot of vision out of the rear side windies, a PITA when teaching reversing.
Plus the 5 door Fiesta still looks quite smart whereas the Corsa 5 door looks like it's been thrown together.

But I haven't go either at the moment.....:roll:

upolian
08-Jun-10, 14:50
I guess from a learning perspective the vision is a little rubbish on the corsa,i assume your starting instructing again,could you pm me some details please :D

Mik.M.
08-Jun-10, 15:29
Serves you right you lazy git. Too much trouble to go and pick it up yourself,or is that beneath you? Seriously though hope the dealer bends over backwards to sort it out and gives you discount for their ...........mistake.Does make you wonder though how they didn`t notice the number of doors it should have had. It must fill you with confidence. Perhaps the guy who has your car didn`t notice the extra doors he has.You could have bought one from our local Ford dealer and paid full retail price and probably got a similar service.Mik.

twiglet
08-Jun-10, 15:44
Lol, yes the guy is probly in Leysdown or perhaps somewhere even worse in Kent( there are plenty of worse places) ! He might have looked at the car he recieved and thought 'touch, their mistake'.

It could have happened to anyone but unfortunately Mr Northener it happened to you! Made me laugh and made me laugh even more at the thought of some poor Ford drone listening to the sound of the excrement hitting the fan.

Lets see how long it takes them to sort it! Very tragic but very funny.

ducati
08-Jun-10, 15:49
Make sure it doesn't have 6000 delivery miles on it before they send it up the road.

Kevin Milkins
08-Jun-10, 15:54
That's a bit harsh, northener, it could have happened to anyone.:roll:

I bet the dealer didn't say "no bother" though, when you phoned him.:lol:

mrlennie
08-Jun-10, 16:55
I am also interested in the details of your driving school please PM me :)

pegasus
08-Jun-10, 17:58
Im trying not to laugh at your colourful description of a "screwdriver weilding lackey"!
Seems you are not into that politically corect nonsense .... "Thieving Kentish ***** scumbag!" lol
Anway what a gaffe! Hope its all sorted out.

Phill
08-Jun-10, 18:00
I am also interested in the details of your driving school please PM me :)

It's the green eco friendly one where you do the tuition on foot.

:Razz

mrlennie
08-Jun-10, 18:13
It's the green eco friendly one where you do the tuition on foot.

:Razz

Haha I'd love to turn up to a practical test on a pushbike when the examiner says wheres the car you point at your bike...:lol:

Bazeye
08-Jun-10, 18:22
Get a Ford Pubic instead. Its made out of old Coarsairs.

series2A
08-Jun-10, 18:39
Will you be accepting the old new car if the dealer gets hold of it or will you only be accepting a new car.

poppett
08-Jun-10, 19:22
Thank you for bring the org back to the way it should be.

Hope it is all sorted out to your satisfaction Northerner.

When "F" was a new registration plate and not a swear word I took delivery of a gleaming Daihatsu charade. Driving down Academy Street I met a ford fiesta coming towards me with the identical numberplate. It took seven weeks to sort out and ended up with me getting a personalised numberplate!

By the way, I have an eleven year old Ford, and the paintwork is gleaming. A little TLC and it can be done.

Phill
08-Jun-10, 20:31
Can yer not get the manny in Kent to post up the two other doors?

Mik.M.
08-Jun-10, 22:00
Can yer not get the manny in Kent to post up the two other doors?
Can`t do that coz the couriers would charge double seeing as we live "offshore"..Mik.

Rictina
08-Jun-10, 22:17
[lol][lol][lol] Sorry but that made me chuckle.

I hope you get your car sorted ASAP.

Blarney
08-Jun-10, 22:41
[evil]

"Cheeky thieving Kentish pikey scumbag, I bet he lives in Leysdown.

So I've now got it in for anyone from Kent who drives a Fiesta."

Don't hold back Northerner....just you tell it like it is!! Cracking story, kind of reminds me of the truckdriver from the London area who stopped someone in Wick to ask them where a certain address was. When they answered that there was no such street, he showed them his paperwork. It was then that the Wicker told him that he should turn around and head back down the road to Wick......in Wiltshire.:confused

pegasus
08-Jun-10, 23:06
.....[evil]

Cheeky thieving Kentish pikey scumbag, I bet he lives in Leysdown.

So I've now got it in for anyone from Kent who drives a Fiesta.

That is all. Have a nice day....not.[disgust]
thank god i dont quite fit that bill

Bazeye
08-Jun-10, 23:10
thank god i dont quite fit that bill

Where you from? [lol]

Dadie
08-Jun-10, 23:17
Hope you get an apology and a shiny new car with 5 doors.
In the right colour with some upgrades for the disapointment, poor service and the added time you have to wait!

Think some P45s will be flying around in the dealership... though with the way your order was handled the wrong people will get fired!:eek:

Kevin Milkins
09-Jun-10, 00:15
Now this might work.

It would seem that your predicament is a logistic nightmare that is going to cost someone a few bob to sort out, so, how about a green, common sense idea that will (hopefully) benefit all concerned.

Make do with what you have got until such a time that you get someone that wants an intensive driving course and needs to pass in a week.

Take them on a jolly down to Kent, do a swap and then let them drive back.:D

Simples.

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 00:32
Fiestas are ace cars, so you don't use dual control? :)

The Angel Of Death
09-Jun-10, 10:49
Get yourself an angle grinder and "make" youself some new doors

Vistravi
09-Jun-10, 11:04
Always had Corsas for teaching in for the past 8 years, but the new shape 3 door doesn't have a lot of vision out of the rear side windies, a PITA when teaching reversing.
Plus the 5 door Fiesta still looks quite smart whereas the Corsa 5 door looks like it's been thrown together.

But I haven't go either at the moment.....

Is it true that its better to learn in one and not two different types of car? Or is it down to the individual?
I ask as i am a fully comp learner and can drive my step dad's terrarn 7 seater as well as my mum's ford focus and my partners accord. The 7 seater and the accord third party but there you go. Must try not to have an accident :eek:

My partner's parents have told me that i am better learning just in the focus as i'll get confused. I relish the challenge of learning in different cars :) Also i think that its good to get used to different cars as when you pass it's highly unlikely you'll get the same car you learned to drive in.

On the note of your fiesta you were supposed to get. Was it the new style fiesta? My step sister has the three door version and unfortunatly the poor car was gunned on its first long journey and conked out on her. I felt sorry for the car suffering from my step sisters partners heavy foot. Appartently it was a engine fault that caused it as well. :confused

northener
09-Jun-10, 11:34
Well, thanks for all the useful advice......:roll::Razz

Tings am lookin' up.

A replacement vehicle has been sourced and stolen to order. It's getting dual controls fitted today and should be with me tomorra. Result.

And top marks to the girl who deals with my cars - Clara - for shouting at the right people. She's always supplied my vehicles from when i first went independent...I knew I was right to stick with her.

northener
09-Jun-10, 11:43
Is it true that its better to learn in one and not two different types of car? Or is it down to the individual?
I ask as i am a fully comp learner and can drive my step dad's terrarn 7 seater as well as my mum's ford focus and my partners accord. The 7 seater and the accord third party but there you go. Must try not to have an accident :eek:

My partner's parents have told me that i am better learning just in the focus as i'll get confused. I relish the challenge of learning in different cars :) Also i think that its good to get used to different cars as when you pass it's highly unlikely you'll get the same car you learned to drive in.

On the note of your fiesta you were supposed to get. Was it the new style fiesta? My step sister has the three door version and unfortunatly the poor car was gunned on its first long journey and conked out on her. I felt sorry for the car suffering from my step sisters partners heavy foot. Appartently it was a engine fault that caused it as well. :confused

I'd say that while you are learning the physical car control side of things - stick with one car so that you get used to the amount of space you take up on the road and the finer points of clutch control and manouvering.

After that, it's up to how the individual feels.
Some can flip from car to car with no problems and some take a good while to 'settle in' to a different car. A good guide is practice most in the car you're going to take your practical test in.

Regarding exploding Fiestas..these things happen, unfortunately. I used to hear horror stories about the Corsa 1.3 tdci's (failing turbos and duff steering). I've had around half a dozen of them and they've never conked on me once.

Yer pays yer money and you makes yer choice.

If you've got any queries regarding practice or driving test issues, give me a buzz or email/pm me.

northener
11-Jun-10, 12:17
Latest update:

Replacement car turned up yesterday!

Hooray!

Replacement car has different registration plate to the one on the paperwork!

Boo!

Pen wielding lackey has been shot!

Hooray!

Paperwork changed to suit!

Hooray!

Just...hooray!:Razz