PDA

View Full Version : fancy dress

sweep
08-Jun-10, 11:28
does anyone know if you can buy adult fancy dress locally? got to do seventies fancy dress for a party. thanks.

grandma
08-Jun-10, 11:39
I don't know about buy but I do know that Lybster Gala Committee have a stock of fancy dress costumes that they hire out. Not sure how big a selection they have though.

groater
08-Jun-10, 11:59
Argos used to sell some?

octane
08-Jun-10, 13:16
70's night is an easy one, get down to the charity shops, they usually have plenty of choice plus your giving back to a good cause.

Thumper
08-Jun-10, 13:20
Charity shops,or if all else fails ebay!Maxi dresses are very in at the mo and very 70's if you get a floppy hat,long hair and big glasses,oh and if your male,sorry about the maxi dress,but flares are quite easy to make,just cut a panel out of the side of trousers and add some material,good luck! x

Sandra_B
08-Jun-10, 13:46
I saw big sunglasses in Temptations a couple of weeks ago.

wicker8
08-Jun-10, 13:54
the shop in dempster st in wick has a book you can look at [secrets] hope that helps :Razz

thebigman
08-Jun-10, 16:05
Hospice shop in Thurso usually have fancy dress gear

Dadie
08-Jun-10, 20:50
Does cards n things in Thurso still do wigs and hen party type stuff?
If so have a look round and see if you can find anything!
If you are struggling try matalan online ... they have a good range of dressing up stuff ... not too bad priced either!
Or get a maxi dress from new look (if you would wear it again all the better) and lots of dangly bead necklaces and bangles add a floppy straw hat and big sunnies with strappy sandals and your sorted!

Bazeye
08-Jun-10, 21:59
does anyone know if you can buy adult fancy dress locally? got to do seventies fancy dress for a party. thanks.

Ive got a pipe, a pair of slippers and a cardigan you can borrow.

unicorn
08-Jun-10, 22:13
Eyecandy have some lovely bright chunky jewellery.