PDA

View Full Version : a kiss

brandy
08-Jun-10, 10:49
was just reading and came across a ref. to kissing.
had never really thought about it, and never realised that there are many cultures that do not kiss.
a lot do not have romantic kissing at all.
i read that in Japan that they have the mothers kiss but no a lovers kiss.
and that in some places like africa and aborigonal austraila they do not have mouth kissing at all.
so looked up kissing on wikepedia and wow.. something that i have always known and accepted in all its many varried forms is not a universal thing.
so now im curious.. what as individuals do you guys think about kissing?
there are so many many kinds of kisses!
a mothers kiss is always great... its very comforting..
i give lots of kisses to my boys.. we do the normal mothers kiss.. lots of eskimo kisses (rubbing noses) and im almost animal like in my nuzzling of cheeks and kisses!
in my family.. ie.. brothers sisters cousins aunts uncles.. ect.. we have always hugged and kissed.. lots of cheek and forehead kisses.
romantic kissing to me though is a very intimate thing.
in fact, romantic kisses are very ... whats the word.. private.
i dont know.. sometimes i think that a kiss can be as intimate as sex or more.
because in todays world sex is such a casual thing and has lost a lot of meaning.. but for me kissing shows a level of affection for another person that is very deep.
when i kiss my husband, im basically saying I LOVE YOU.. you mean the world to me.. and its a way that we share those emotions.
i think that makes sense.. well maybe.. you may just be more confused now!
thats my normal state of being though *G*
anyway.. just curious as to how others feel about such an intimate but common thing in our culture.

fred
08-Jun-10, 12:20
was just reading and came across a ref. to kissing.
had never really thought about it, and never realised that there are many cultures that do not kiss.
a lot do not have romantic kissing at all.
i read that in Japan that they have the mothers kiss but no a lovers kiss.
and that in some places like africa and aborigonal austraila they do not have mouth kissing at all.
so looked up kissing on wikepedia and wow.. something that i have always known and accepted in all its many varried forms is not a universal thing.
so now im curious.. what as individuals do you guys think about kissing?
there are so many many kinds of kisses!
a mothers kiss is always great... its very comforting..
i give lots of kisses to my boys.. we do the normal mothers kiss.. lots of eskimo kisses (rubbing noses) and im almost animal like in my nuzzling of cheeks and kisses!
in my family.. ie.. brothers sisters cousins aunts uncles.. ect.. we have always hugged and kissed.. lots of cheek and forehead kisses.
romantic kissing to me though is a very intimate thing.
in fact, romantic kisses are very ... whats the word.. private.
i dont know.. sometimes i think that a kiss can be as intimate as sex or more.
because in todays world sex is such a casual thing and has lost a lot of meaning.. but for me kissing shows a level of affection for another person that is very deep.
when i kiss my husband, im basically saying I LOVE YOU.. you mean the world to me.. and its a way that we share those emotions.
i think that makes sense.. well maybe.. you may just be more confused now!
thats my normal state of being though *G*
anyway.. just curious as to how others feel about such an intimate but common thing in our culture.

They say we kiss because in the days before baby food came in little jars a mother would chew an infant's food for them then pass it to them mouth to mouth.

patsy1
08-Jun-10, 19:36
Think l like reading what Brandy has written than the thought of what fred came up with.

viking
08-Jun-10, 21:43
A world without kisses doesn't bear thinking about. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

squidge
08-Jun-10, 23:14
I love kisses and hug and kiss all my friends family and anyone else who is happens to be along too.

mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa