PDA

View Full Version : England World Cup Hopes!!

gillsib
08-Jun-10, 07:45
Headline on GMTV this morning - before they gave us any worthy news

'England World Cup hopes in jeopardy'

WHY.......................

all because Wayne Rooney did the usual and threw the toys out of the pram and swore at the ref - give me strength - and the world cup hasn't even started yet !

Sara Jevo
08-Jun-10, 08:15
And do you think the Scottish media would be any less restrained if Scotland were competing and had an outside chance of winning?

gillsib
08-Jun-10, 09:23
Not in the slightest !!!

Its just that why does it justify a headline like it is the end of the world and Englands chance is in jeopardy because of one mans foul mouth - It takes a team not just one man to win a game!

golach
08-Jun-10, 09:27
And do you think the Scottish media would be any less restrained if Scotland were competing and had an outside chance of winning?

I read this fiasco in an English Newspaper and saw it on BBC news, what has the introduction of a slur on the Scottish media, got to do with this?.

Sara Jevo
08-Jun-10, 10:47
I read this fiasco in an English Newspaper and saw it on BBC news, what has the introduction of a slur on the Scottish media, got to do with this?.

You mean it is possible to besmirch the reputation of newspapers and journalists? Surely not . . .

Last time I looked they were second only to politicians in the opinion polls for people considered the least trustworthy.