PDA

View Full Version : Despairing Orgers, are on the verge of leaving?

bekisman
07-Jun-10, 23:05
Despairing Orgers, are on the verge of leaving?, or already left and taking a break? sick and tired of the constant pointless posting? Don't despair, no longer do you need to bang your head against the wall, no longer do you feel you have to come back to answer some complete and utter tripe that's been posted. No need to get involved with answering pathetic, nonsensical 'conspiracies' - you want to stay in the REAL world.

What is this panacea? - well, actually it's oh so simple, just don't bother to post replies to posts which YOU think are tripe, don't give 'em the oxygen to peddle their nonsense. OK, YOU know; because you have experience, YOU are well read, YOU know the correct interpretation, YOU know the truth. Don't get frustrated because some twit may have weird ideas and tries to ram them down your throat, or tries to flame.. just let em starve.

Now please, I implore you, do not think the example I give below is dealing with nonsense postings, or indeed any description I give above (heaven forbid!) but simply as an example, lets take the now-closed thread: 'More Middleastern woes'. I'm not mentioning Fred or Pegasus for any other reason than to show that those who were inflamed/infuriated/frustrated by that particular thread, did not post, which left just TWO orgers (dare I say it?) talking amongst themselves!

04-Jun-10, 23:22 Fred
05-Jun-10, 00:26 Pegasus
05-Jun-10, 07:20 Fred
05-Jun-10, 17:08 Fred
05-Jun-10, 18:00 Pegasus
05-Jun-10, 18:36 Pegasus
05-Jun-10, 18:52 Fred
05-Jun-10, 18:54 Fred
06-Jun-10, 00:42 Pegasus
06-Jun-10, 01:19 Pegasus
06-Jun-10, 05:44 Fred
06-Jun-10, 09:21 Boozeburglar (Laughing)
06-Jun-10, 11:07 Phil closing thread

Now, (sucking eggs time) if YOU feel you cannot sit and read the various postings without turning purple, then go to 'user control panel' scroll down to 'Settings & Options' to 'edit ignore list' type in the name of the poster who infuriates you and click ok.. Hey presto! you won't see their postings!; great!

So, you folks who've gone off to get some fresh air COME ON BACK! we're missing you. The Org really can be a nice place (honest) And don't EVER believe that posters think that lack of interaction denotes acceptance of thread; it don't! ;)

marwill
07-Jun-10, 23:14
Couldn't agree more, it would be great to see some of the 'old' Orgers back, with their worldly knowledge and also their wit.;)

fred
07-Jun-10, 23:21
Hey Bekisman some advice for you.

You can't herd cats.

golach
07-Jun-10, 23:24

You can't herd cats.

Some big cats go around in Prides [lol]

bekisman
07-Jun-10, 23:30

You can't herd cats.

Oh come on Fred YOU offering ME advice!; I think the joke thread is further down?..
PS. You don't have to be a sheep either [lol]

marwill
07-Jun-10, 23:40

You can't herd cats.

Oh dear Fred, you should be careful handing out advice about cats,
they have a tendency to scratch and spit back when cornered.;)

northener
07-Jun-10, 23:43

You can't herd cats.

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

fred
07-Jun-10, 23:48
Oh come on Fred YOU offering ME advice!; I think the joke thread is further down?..
PS. You don't have to be a sheep either [lol]

Look all them green squares under where it says posts on my posts means there are plenty people share my views and those green squares under where it says posts on your posts means there are plenty of people share your views.

Difference is I'm not starting any campaigns to try and stop people reading your posts. I'm not starting any witch hunts. I'm quite prepared to let people read your bilge and make up their own minds.

All you do is spend ages looking through old posts of people you don't agree with and trying to find dirt to throw at them, you never have a logical argument.

Yes I am giving you advice, I've been posting to forums on the internet since before there were forums and control freaks like you have always been there, take my advice and chill out.

wifie
07-Jun-10, 23:48
Wow bekisman! Best bit of advertising blurb I have seen on the Org ever! Or is it a rally call? Certainly not a lament!

Nacho
07-Jun-10, 23:54
Despairing Orgers, are on the verge of leaving?, or already left and taking a break? sick and tired of the constant pointless posting? Don't despair, no longer do you need to bang your head against the wall, no longer do you feel you have to come back to answer some complete and utter tripe that's been posted. No need to get involved with answering pathetic, nonsensical 'conspiracies' - you want to stay in the REAL world.

What is this panacea? - well, actually it's oh so simple, just don't bother to post replies to posts which YOU think are tripe, don't give 'em the oxygen to peddle their nonsense. OK, YOU know; because you have experience, YOU are well read, YOU know the correct interpretation, YOU know the truth. Don't get frustrated because some twit may have weird ideas and tries to ram them down your throat, or tries to flame.. just let em starve.

Now please, I implore you, do not think the example I give below is dealing with nonsense postings, or indeed any description I give above (heaven forbid!) but simply as an example, lets take the now-closed thread: 'More Middleastern woes'. I'm not mentioning Fred or Pegasus for any other reason than to show that those who were inflamed/infuriated/frustrated by that particular thread, did not post, which left just TWO orgers (dare I say it?) talking amongst themselves!

04-Jun-10, 23:22 Fred
05-Jun-10, 00:26 Pegasus
05-Jun-10, 07:20 Fred
05-Jun-10, 17:08 Fred
05-Jun-10, 18:00 Pegasus
05-Jun-10, 18:36 Pegasus
05-Jun-10, 18:52 Fred
05-Jun-10, 18:54 Fred
06-Jun-10, 00:42 Pegasus
06-Jun-10, 01:19 Pegasus
06-Jun-10, 05:44 Fred
06-Jun-10, 09:21 Boozeburglar (Laughing)
06-Jun-10, 11:07 Phil closing thread

Now, (sucking eggs time) if YOU feel you cannot sit and read the various postings without turning purple, then go to 'user control panel' scroll down to 'Settings & Options' to 'edit ignore list' type in the name of the poster who infuriates you and click ok.. Hey presto! you won't see their postings!; great!

So, you folks who've gone off to get some fresh air COME ON BACK! we're missing you. The Org really can be a nice place (honest) And don't EVER believe that posters think that lack of interaction denotes acceptance of thread; it don't! ;)

ignoring these threads stifles debate, it's certain orgers (sometimes, me included) who should learn when to shut up and read (ie online version of listening) to the other point of view and then maybe agree to disagree.

the problem occurs when 2 or 3 orgers delve into an online argument that might otherwise be sorted out in the real world with either a shake of the hand or a punch in the face.

wifie
07-Jun-10, 23:57
I've been posting to forums on the internet since before there were forums

When did you get a run in 'e tardis?

Venture
07-Jun-10, 23:59
;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

Absolutely brilliant northener.

You're wrong fred.[lol][lol]

fred
08-Jun-10, 00:04
Absolutely brilliant northener.

You're wrong fred.[lol][lol]

Well now you try it sometime and you'll see that that isn't reality.

Metalattakk
08-Jun-10, 00:06
But it's on the internet, fred. It must be true.

Mustn't it? [para]

fred
08-Jun-10, 00:09
But it's on the internet, fred. It must be true.

Mustn't it? [para]

It's you saying it not me.

I don't say even half the things people say I say.

Metalattakk
08-Jun-10, 00:10
It's you saying it not me.

Half the things you say are lies. The other half you just make up.

wifie
08-Jun-10, 00:11

[para] It's another of those conspiracy theory thingies! [para]

Phill
08-Jun-10, 00:14
I've been posting to forums on the internet since before there were forums

Mr Berners-Lee, we salute you.

marwill
08-Jun-10, 00:15
Well now you try it sometime and you'll see that that isn't reality.

I think this reply above should also refer to part of your reply below:

"Yes I am giving you advice, I've been posting to forums on the internet since before there were forums"

How can you post on a forum that wasn't there?:confused

fred
08-Jun-10, 00:17
Half the things you say are lies. The other half you just make up.

So how come nobody can refute them?

Let's face it, if there were a million and a half Israelis crammed into a piece of land 20 miles by five miles being slowly starved to death by Palestinians you would all be singing a different tune but my tune would be the same.

Mall67
08-Jun-10, 00:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4Ha9HQvMo&feature=fvst

Plenty of this on the Org [lol]

Bazeye
08-Jun-10, 00:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4Ha9HQvMo&feature=fvst

Plenty of this on the Org [lol]

I'd delete that if you dont want a ban. Funny though.

Mall67
08-Jun-10, 00:24
I'd delete that if you dont want a ban. Funny though.

Might be the excuse I'm needing to leave [lol]

Nacho
08-Jun-10, 00:28
all hail The Onion !!

http://www.theonion.com/

best news sauce there is

changilass
08-Jun-10, 00:30
I think this must be a record - got all the way to post 20 afore the Israelis invaded.

northener
08-Jun-10, 00:32
I think this must be a record - got all the way to post 20 afore the Israelis invaded.

Like a moth to the flame.......

Mall67
08-Jun-10, 00:35
So how come nobody can refute them?

Let's face it, if there were a million and a half Israelis crammed into a piece of land 20 miles by five miles being slowly starved to death by Palestinians you would all be singing a different tune but my tune would be the same.

Would it be this tune Fred?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5JHGi0awgc

fred
08-Jun-10, 00:38
Might be the excuse I'm needing to leave [lol]

If you don't want to be here just go.

pegasus
08-Jun-10, 00:43

Goody. does this mean that Stavro is coming back? and those that left in disgust at him being hounded off as fred says?or is it only going to be those in your cliuque whos currently hiding? you know, tubthimble, friar tuck and the rest. are they going to magically pop out and return to back up youre opinions?
beksman youre a trounbl;emaker. have you nothing better to do than dig thro old posts and start censorshi-[ topics like this?

i need another whiskey

pegasus
08-Jun-10, 00:44
fred must be speeking alot of truth cause the hatred agianst him on here is evidence enough to be sure

alot of you people should grow up and get a life

Mall67
08-Jun-10, 00:53
fred must be speeking alot of truth cause the hatred agianst him on here is evidence enough to be sure

alot of you people should grow up and get a life

Have enough whiskey and you'll believe anything [lol][lol]

pegasus
08-Jun-10, 01:08
Have enough whiskey and you'll believe anything [lol][lol]
i hope so :lol:

but i doubt i will be so far gone as to think that attacks against the person are rebutting facts figures and arguaments. freds states his position with facts figures and argments. that can not be denied to be sure

pegasus
08-Jun-10, 01:32
Would it be this tune Fred?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5JHGi0awgc

If it were the other way round Fred would never condone such wrongs!

ducati
08-Jun-10, 07:55
Interesting thread, I particularly like the cowboy rolling up the ball of wool :lol:

No one is taking bekisman's advice though, including bekisman:confused

bekisman
08-Jun-10, 09:19
Interesting thread, I particularly like the cowboy rolling up the ball of wool

No one is taking bekisman's advice though, including bekisman:confused

I did too ducati..
Me? nah, I ain't inflamed/infuriated/frustrated, I find it all so very, very funny. That was just a quick #5, to show I'm here. seems
I've got a 'cliuque' and I'm a 'trounbl;emaker' and I start 'censorshi-[ ' starting 'witch hunts.' and a 'control freak'.
Wow! I'm out today (yes I do leave the house, most of the time. Being sat in front of a PC in the early hours of the morning, is not my scene)
Enjoy!
[lol][lol]

northener
08-Jun-10, 09:51
Why have I got the theme tune from the Muppet show going round in my head?

wicker8
08-Jun-10, 09:51
despairing orgers, are on the verge of leaving?, or already left and taking a break? Sick and tired of the constant pointless posting? Don't despair, no longer do you need to bang your head against the wall, no longer do you feel you have to come back to answer some complete and utter tripe that's been posted. No need to get involved with answering pathetic, nonsensical 'conspiracies' - you want to stay in the real world.

what is this panacea? - well, actually it's oh so simple, just don't bother to post replies to posts which you think are tripe, don't give 'em the oxygen to peddle their nonsense. Ok, you know; because you have experience, you are well read, you know the correct interpretation, you know the truth. Don't get frustrated because some twit may have weird ideas and tries to ram them down your throat, or tries to flame.. Just let em starve.

now please, i implore you, do not think the example i give below is dealing with nonsense postings, or indeed any description i give above (heaven forbid!) but simply as an example, lets take the now-closed thread: 'more middleastern woes'. I'm not mentioning fred or pegasus for any other reason than to show that those who were inflamed/infuriated/frustrated by that particular thread, did not post, which left just two orgers (dare i say it?) talking amongst themselves!

04-jun-10, 23:22 fred
05-jun-10, 00:26 pegasus
05-jun-10, 07:20 fred
05-jun-10, 17:08 fred
05-jun-10, 18:00 pegasus
05-jun-10, 18:36 pegasus
05-jun-10, 18:52 fred
05-jun-10, 18:54 fred
06-jun-10, 00:42 pegasus
06-jun-10, 01:19 pegasus
06-jun-10, 05:44 fred
06-jun-10, 09:21 boozeburglar (laughing)
06-jun-10, 11:07 phil closing thread

now, (sucking eggs time) if you feel you cannot sit and read the various postings without turning purple, then go to 'user control panel' scroll down to 'settings & options' to 'edit ignore list' type in the name of the poster who infuriates you and click ok.. Hey presto! You won't see their postings!; great!

so, you folks who've gone off to get some fresh air come on back! We're missing you. The org really can be a nice place (honest) and don't ever believe that posters think that lack of interaction denotes acceptance of thread; it don't! ;)
well said could not agree more

upolian
08-Jun-10, 09:53

I'd get banned if i answered that lol

wicker8
08-Jun-10, 09:56
;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE just brilliant :Razz

Phill
08-Jun-10, 10:18

manamana

marwill
08-Jun-10, 19:06
With reference to Post #8
I think someone's maths is a little off skew:-

If Fred has posted 3809 in 5 years and 7 months and only got 11 green squares,
then,
Bekisman who has only posted 1986 in 2 years and 11 months and got 11 green squares, surely Bekisman must have more Orgers agreeing with him than Fred. ;)

donnick
08-Jun-10, 19:27
is there a comedy section as this should be in it well done the lot of you this post gave me a right good :lol::lol: nearly as good as vampires in portgower :lol:

wifie
08-Jun-10, 20:08
With reference to Post #8
I think someone's maths is a little off skew:-

If Fred has posted 3809 in 5 years and 7 months and only got 11 green squares,
then,
Bekisman who has only posted 1986 in 2 years and 11 months and got 11 green squares, surely Bekisman must have more Orgers agreeing with him than Fred. ;)

If one further clicks on "Community" at the top of the page then "members" in the drop down and then on "reputation" at the top of the lists one will see that Bekisman is 8 places above the other above mentioned Orger and only these two Orgers (and I suppose admin/mods) will know how many rep points they actually have. Rep is a complicated beast in that depending how long one has been around, how many posts one has made and how much rep one has given will affect how much rep one actually gives. So basically it is nice to know that fellow Orgers like what one has said but unless one is totally anally retentive and has kept the stats one will never know how revered their words are! I am fairly sure that Bekisman is pretty laid back! ;)

marwill
08-Jun-10, 20:45
Thank you for that 'wifie', I think you are quite right as well in your last comment, one is laid back whilst I think the other must be on a knife edge at times.;)

fred
08-Jun-10, 21:04
Thank you for that 'wifie', I think you are quite right as well in your last comment, one is laid back whilst I think the other must be on a knife edge at times.;)

Would that be the one that spends all his time looking through past threads so they can launch personal attacks on other users? The one who feels the need to start threads encouraging people to put other users on their ignore list.

Strikes me he's obsessed not laid back.

John Little
08-Jun-10, 21:18
Some small time ago I left the Org, deciding that I could no longer stomach reading the rather twisted polemics of some of its members, or the increasingly blatant use of its General Forum as a platform for a view of the world that is, to say the least, Revisionist. This caused me a great deal of introspection because as a fairly mainstream member of our body politic I do of course believe in free speech..

When I first joined the Org I did so because I wanted to chat – to perhaps find people that I knew when in school, to find how they have got on and perhaps to make new online acquaintances. I was surprised to find a lot of bad feeling going on and name-calling and seeming intolerance – and said so.
Yet after a short while I found that a few people were putting forward views which I felt I had to say something about because they had to be challenged. I felt that if someone wished to argue that black was white, then it would be in order to point out that actually it is black. But whatever I- or many other people said, the version of history that I have in my head – and that they had in their heads, was wrong. I have thousands of books on my shelves, and I have, I’m afraid to say, read them all. But I have to look at my screen and learn things I never knew before – that we, whoever we are, divided Korea to suit our purposes in 1948. Whatever you might say to the contrary the poster insists on this – and when you point out that Korea was divided in 1945 and ask who ruled it up to 1948 and who split it, you never get an answer.

I learned that History is largely determined by conspiracies. All the History books tell lies and are wrong.

Apparently the moon landings never took place. The whole thing was faked in a California studio.

Kennedy was shot by his wife. Or the CIA, or the FBI. Etc

‘World Jewry’ is the biggest conspiracy of all. (That was not challenged at all)

In fact Hitler and Churchill are both Rothschilds. Fabulously rich Jewish bankers.
If I followed a lead on this to a website run by a gentleman who lives in Caithness I find that Stalin was too.

Not only that but World war two was pre-planned and fought to a plan to bring about pre-determined objectives. Something to do with keeping the ‘white race’ down.

We British are to blame for everything- and the Americans too..

FD Roosevelt, far from being the kindly man whose policies ended the Depression turns out to be an evil plotting demon- no isolationist at all, but one who pushed the US into war against the peace loving people of Japan.

The Germans were contented under Hitler (Never mind what Ian Kershaw, the leading authority today, says about most Germans being put into ‘neutral’ by the fact that they had a job)

Hitler was pushed into attacking Russia because they were about to attack him.

The twin towers were demolished by charges placed by the CIA on Bush’s orders.

The peace activists were shot by the evil Israelis enforcing an illegal blockade on Palestine. (Never mind the nature and commitment of Hamas. And especially never mind that the people behind the attempt to break the blockade blatantly knew what was likely to happen – the cynicism of it beggars belief)

This is not so much an alternative world view as a parallel universe.

The Polemical twisting of what passes as a ‘normal’ world view is never ending, and no matter what happens, they always, always, always come back at you with some spurious objections from Google – even if it’s a single word in what you said. Drip drip drip…..’facts’ ‘figures’

What got to me most was the sheer arrogance of it for it took my breath away.
People that I would normally disagree with were hurling themselves into bitter debate trying to refute what they knew to be perverted versions of truth.
Stuff that they read in their papers, had seen in films, magazines, on the News at 10 – it did not matter. We were all wrong and they were all right – all the time.
They knew the truth and we were the fools, the deluded, the patsies who have been suckered by propaganda into delusions and illusions.

These, in some cases barely literate ‘experts’, had a handle on it all and no matter what it was – History, Politics, current affairs – even arcane Science – they knew it all. No matter what it is – Black holes, God, the afterlife, religion – they knew it all and could tell you the truth.

After one poster revealed an obvious link with someone who was banned from the Org by the Mods for very good reasons I realised that it was no good. You could not argue with them.

Nothing you may say has any validity- nor will it ever.

If you flummox the Trolls they accuse you of bullying.

I did not throw my toys out of the pram and leave, because I had been thinking along these lines for at least a week.

You know the last thing I saw as I logged off the Org?

The Org welcomed its newest member ‘Lynchlittlejohn’

I had to laugh because they had been complaining of a ‘clique’ who ganged up against them, though the clique, as I know now, were simply the mass of ordinary Orgers who could not stay quiet against their world view.

It was no good putting these people on ‘ignore’ it seemed to me because they actually skew any discussion of serious value on the Org. Almost any topic that comes up for discussion sees them arguing from the far edge of belief and furious disputation from many many more Orgers; though one of the trolls did go so far as to indicate that silence implied they, the minority, did in fact speak for the majority.

The majority, it seems to me in fact tire of them and some give up. And quit posting. Or leave

I know now one of the causes of war. Some historians think that war is caused by economics, but I know that it is also caused by ideas. Some peoples’ ideas are so far removed from your own that they are completely irreconcilable. Sometimes reason and argument fails and there has to be war because either one idea or the other must fail and the other triumph. That is clear from the triumphalism apparent in the driving of people from the Org. Sometimes war is necessary and so is shooting.
It became clear that I was not taking part in flame war – but a war of ideas on the Org.
I was brought up short by Dafi who said that there were continual Flame wars – and he was right. He is a very sane man, of the sort we need more of - a very clear thinker, and he made me think really hard – along these lines;

Let’s get our feet back on the ground. I work hard. I come home. I relax.
Why do I conceive it my duty to do battle with Trolls and Polemicists every night?
I have a life, a wife and jobs to do.

The answer, of course is that it is not my job. It’s nobody’s job.

We believe in Free speech.

But a great light has dawned in my head – people may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen. Free speech ends in my ears – and I am not duty bound to reply.

This is very difficult for me to do because I have formerly believed in speaking out.
Trolls. What are they? According to the Troll’s favourite website;

“In Internet slang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang), a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum), chat room (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chat_room), or blog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog), with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion) response[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29#cite_note-PCMAG_def-0) or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29#cite_note-IUKB_def-1) In addition to the offending poster, the noun “troll” can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an excellent troll you posted.”

. I would add that they are probably home educated, never went through the formative experience of going to a secondary school, and, in their late 20s live at home with Mum and Dad and spend a lot of time in their bedroom.

Or if the troll goes too far and gets banned then their mum or their sister joins as a new member and starts promulgating the same old nonsense.

It has been very firmly impressed on me this last week or so that I have friends on the Org- quite a few. Some of them have contacted me and expressed regret that I ‘left’ and wanted to stay in touch.

They are right.

I have met some really really nice, fine people on the Org – both Caithnessians and incomers and I hope to meet several of them next year and have a dram or two with them.

Why should I let a few numpties whose mendacities make me feel ill, make me feel that I have no recourse but to leave? I shall not be arguing with them any more for I will hit the ignore button. I shall advise my friends to do the same because then a normal sort of discussion within the thought of our own universe would become possible. This takes away the oxygen of my retorts to the trolls.

I cannot see what they are saying.

Troll away all you like.

The good in the Org far outweighs the bad.

I said I was leaving.

But I did not say that I would not be back.

Hier stehe ich- ich kann nicht anders.

marwill
08-Jun-10, 21:21
Originally posted by Fred:
Would that be the one that spends all his time looking through past threads so they can launch personal attacks on other users? The one who feels the need to start threads encouraging people to put other users on their ignore list.

Strikes me he's obsessed not laid back. 'Un quote'

That's sharp, a bit like the pot calling the kettle, you must spend a great deal of time finding replies to questions put to you.
The majority of your replies are by the way of links to someother's point of view, ie. BBC, Wikie etc.. never really your own point of view. :confused

marwill
08-Jun-10, 21:25
Welcome Back John Little:)

wifie
08-Jun-10, 21:28
Stehen Sie hier, JL, stehen Sie hier!

rich
08-Jun-10, 21:31
Good on you, John!

bekisman
08-Jun-10, 21:33
Pleased you're back John - more sensible posts to look forward to ;)

fred
08-Jun-10, 21:44
After one poster revealed an obvious link with someone who was banned from the Org by the Mods for very good reasons I realised that it was no good. You could not argue with them.

It has now been shown that pegasus, who you accused of being stavro, can not be stavro.

I was right, you were wrong.

Now start thinking about what else you are wrong about.

wifie
08-Jun-10, 21:46
It has now been shown that pegasus, who you accused of being stavro, can not be stavro.

Mibbe not stavro but . . .

Bazeye
08-Jun-10, 21:49

Who cares who's right and wh'os wrong. Not me. Roll a big fat one Fred and chill. ;)

unicorn
08-Jun-10, 21:51
Fred do you ever just give it a break, you are not the only person on the org and it is realllllly boring now watching the same old people bang on.
No point replying as I wont see it. My ignore list has never been so full as recently but if it returns the org to how it once was for me then so be it.
Welcome back John

fred
08-Jun-10, 21:58
Who cares who's right and wh'os wrong. Not me. Roll a big fat one Fred and chill. ;)

When people start throwing accusations at other users when it's near impossible for them to prove their innocence I care.

Bazeye
08-Jun-10, 22:01
When people start throwing accusations at other users when it's near impossible for them to prove their innocence I care.

Just roll a big fat one then you wont.

bekisman
08-Jun-10, 22:07
Oh well, pleased that john is back - I'm off to bed now; yawn yawn..;)

Phill
08-Jun-10, 22:18
Some small time ago I left the Org, deciding that I could no longer stomach reading the rather twisted polemics of some of its members, or the increasingly blatant use of its General Forum as a platform for a view of the world that is, to say the least, Revisionist. This caused me a great deal of introspection because as a fairly mainstream member of our body politic I do of course believe in free speech..

When I first joined the Org I did so because I wanted to chat – to perhaps find people that I knew when in school, to find how they have got on and perhaps to make new online acquaintances. I was surprised to find a lot of bad feeling going on and name-calling and seeming intolerance – and said so.
Yet after a short while I found that a few people were putting forward views which I felt I had to say something about because they had to be challenged. I felt that if someone wished to argue that black was white, then it would be in order to point out that actually it is black. But whatever I- or many other people said, the version of history that I have in my head – and that they had in their heads, was wrong. I have thousands of books on my shelves, and I have, I’m afraid to say, read them all. But I have to look at my screen and learn things I never knew before – that we, whoever we are, divided Korea to suit our purposes in 1948. Whatever you might say to the contrary the poster insists on this – and when you point out that Korea was divided in 1945 and ask who ruled it up to 1948 and who split it, you never get an answer.

I learned that History is largely determined by conspiracies. All the History books tell lies and are wrong.

Apparently the moon landings never took place. The whole thing was faked in a California studio.

Kennedy was shot by his wife. Or the CIA, or the FBI. Etc

‘World Jewry’ is the biggest conspiracy of all. (That was not challenged at all)

In fact Hitler and Churchill are both Rothschilds. Fabulously rich Jewish bankers.
If I followed a lead on this to a website run by a gentleman who lives in Caithness I find that Stalin was too.

Not only that but World war two was pre-planned and fought to a plan to bring about pre-determined objectives. Something to do with keeping the ‘white race’ down.

We British are to blame for everything- and the Americans too..

FD Roosevelt, far from being the kindly man whose policies ended the Depression turns out to be an evil plotting demon- no isolationist at all, but one who pushed the US into war against the peace loving people of Japan.

The Germans were contented under Hitler (Never mind what Ian Kershaw, the leading authority today, says about most Germans being put into ‘neutral’ by the fact that they had a job)

Hitler was pushed into attacking Russia because they were about to attack him.

The twin towers were demolished by charges placed by the CIA on Bush’s orders.

The peace activists were shot by the evil Israelis enforcing an illegal blockade on Palestine. (Never mind the nature and commitment of Hamas. And especially never mind that the people behind the attempt to break the blockade blatantly knew what was likely to happen – the cynicism of it beggars belief)

This is not so much an alternative world view as a parallel universe.

The Polemical twisting of what passes as a ‘normal’ world view is never ending, and no matter what happens, they always, always, always come back at you with some spurious objections from Google – even if it’s a single word in what you said. Drip drip drip…..’facts’ ‘figures’

What got to me most was the sheer arrogance of it for it took my breath away.
People that I would normally disagree with were hurling themselves into bitter debate trying to refute what they knew to be perverted versions of truth.
Stuff that they read in their papers, had seen in films, magazines, on the News at 10 – it did not matter. We were all wrong and they were all right – all the time.
They knew the truth and we were the fools, the deluded, the patsies who have been suckered by propaganda into delusions and illusions.

These, in some cases barely literate ‘experts’, had a handle on it all and no matter what it was – History, Politics, current affairs – even arcane Science – they knew it all. No matter what it is – Black holes, God, the afterlife, religion – they knew it all and could tell you the truth.

Nothing you may say has any validity- nor will it ever.

If you flummox the Trolls they accuse you of bullying.

I did not throw my toys out of the pram and leave, because I had been thinking along these lines for at least a week.

You know the last thing I saw as I logged off the Org?

The Org welcomed its newest member ‘Lynchlittlejohn’

I had to laugh because they had been complaining of a ‘clique’ who ganged up against them, though the clique, as I know now, were simply the mass of ordinary Orgers who could not stay quiet against their world view.

It was no good putting these people on ‘ignore’ it seemed to me because they actually skew any discussion of serious value on the Org. Almost any topic that comes up for discussion sees them arguing from the far edge of belief and furious disputation from many many more Orgers; though one of the trolls did go so far as to indicate that silence implied they, the minority, did in fact speak for the majority.

The majority, it seems to me in fact tire of them and some give up. And quit posting. Or leave

I know now one of the causes of war. Some historians think that war is caused by economics, but I know that it is also caused by ideas. Some peoples’ ideas are so far removed from your own that they are completely irreconcilable. Sometimes reason and argument fails and there has to be war because either one idea or the other must fail and the other triumph. That is clear from the triumphalism apparent in the driving of people from the Org. Sometimes war is necessary and so is shooting.
It became clear that I was not taking part in flame war – but a war of ideas on the Org.
I was brought up short by Dafi who said that there were continual Flame wars – and he was right. He is a very sane man, of the sort we need more of - a very clear thinker, and he made me think really hard – along these lines;

Let’s get our feet back on the ground. I work hard. I come home. I relax.
Why do I conceive it my duty to do battle with Trolls and Polemicists every night?
I have a life, a wife and jobs to do.

The answer, of course is that it is not my job. It’s nobody’s job.

We believe in Free speech.

But a great light has dawned in my head – people may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen. Free speech ends in my ears – and I am not duty bound to reply.

This is very difficult for me to do because I have formerly believed in speaking out.
Trolls. What are they? According to the Troll’s favourite website;

“In Internet slang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_slang), a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum), chat room (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chat_room), or blog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog), with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion) response[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29#cite_note-PCMAG_def-0) or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29#cite_note-IUKB_def-1) In addition to the offending poster, the noun “troll” can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an excellent troll you posted.”

. I would add that they are probably home educated, never went through the formative experience of going to a secondary school, and, in their late 20s live at home with Mum and Dad and spend a lot of time in their bedroom.

Or if the troll goes too far and gets banned then their mum or their sister joins as a new member and starts promulgating the same old nonsense.

It has been very firmly impressed on me this last week or so that I have friends on the Org- quite a few. Some of them have contacted me and expressed regret that I ‘left’ and wanted to stay in touch.

They are right.

I have met some really really nice, fine people on the Org – both Caithnessians and incomers and I hope to meet several of them next year and have a dram or two with them.

Why should I let a few numpties whose mendacities make me feel ill, make me feel that I have no recourse but to leave? I shall not be arguing with them any more for I will hit the ignore button. I shall advise my friends to do the same because then a normal sort of discussion within the thought of our own universe would become possible. This takes away the oxygen of my retorts to the trolls.

I cannot see what they are saying.

Troll away all you like.

The good in the Org far outweighs the bad.

I said I was leaving.

But I did not say that I would not be back.

Hier stehe ich- ich kann nicht anders.

Oh blöödy hell, here we go again, gettin' all wordy n' stuff!

:Razz

unicorn
08-Jun-10, 22:20
Oh blöödy hell, here we go again, gettin' all wordy n' stuff!

:Razz

Phill you crack me up [lol] Keep up the good humour, the org needs you [lol]

Venture
08-Jun-10, 22:20

So "Who's The Daddy?".......fred.;)

I think pegs' favourite film could be Mummy II.;)

Anfield
08-Jun-10, 22:21
Just roll a big fat one then you wont.

If Fred gets busted doing above can you be charged with incitement?

fred
08-Jun-10, 22:25
Fred do you ever just give it a break, you are not the only person on the org and it is realllllly boring now watching the same old people bang on.
No point replying as I wont see it. My ignore list has never been so full as recently but if it returns the org to how it once was for me then so be it.
Welcome back John

He left the org slinging mud at other users.

Now he's come back slinging mud at other users.

Is that what you want? An org where one elite group can just declare themselves right and just shout down and slander anyone who disagrees?

I wrote three lines, I stated the facts, he wrote half a page diatribe maligning those who don't share his views, I'll give it a break when he does.

Metalattakk
08-Jun-10, 22:40

Is that what you want? An org where one elite group can just declare themselves right and just shout down and slander anyone who disagrees?

But that's not what he did and you know it, you're just twisting things to suit as per usual.

He didn't declare he was right, he declared that your views were wrong. And he's right. Many of your views are not only wrong, they're dangerously misguided.

fred
08-Jun-10, 22:40
Mibbe not stavro but . . .

So how do I know about you? How do I know you aren't someone else? Or anyone else on the forum for that matter.

So you just have to take people as you find them, judge them on what they write. Aint never seen pegasus saying anything bad about you, never seen pegasus accusing you of anything so that's how I judge pegasus, you however I judge on what you just wrote.

Bazeye
08-Jun-10, 22:41
If Fred gets busted doing above can you be charged with incitement?

Wouldnt have thought so. Roll a big fat one could be slang for some sort of sexual activity.:lol:

Bazeye
08-Jun-10, 22:45
Well I'm just about to have some more of my medication.

pegasus
08-Jun-10, 22:58

I wrote three lines, I stated the facts, he wrote half a page diatribe maligning those who don't share his views, I'll give it a break when he does.
fred youre wrong on just one thing there. friar tuck never left. it was just a we ploy. throw out the rattle and test the wa\ters. how transpaprent he is

squidge
08-Jun-10, 23:37
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

For me there are so many things that annoy me but they annoy me in real life too. The constant accusations of bullying when ideas get challenged and also the persistent insistance on some sort of clique - like any of us have time for plotting and "cliquing" - its like its poor me all the time and it annoys me. I find it difficult to stomach when a poster says its wrong to make personal comments and then goes on to do just that and cant seem to see the irony in it.

I find it difficult to stomach when a poster says they are always right and ignores the occasions when they are wrong and fails to admit they might be mistaken. Smugness is never appealing. I find it annoying when people criticise other posters spelling and grammar. I find it infuriating when I feel people are deliberately misunderstanding posts just so they can get offended. Now at the risk of getting battered over the head for mentioning names....:roll: - they have been mentioned before so i feel justifying in referring back to them -Fred knows fine well i think he does some of these things too much, pegasus also does many of these things too but they are not the only ones.

If only we would think before posting and not react in a knee jerk manner we might find that we have a little less acrimonious stuff here and a little more friendliness.

DeHaviLand
09-Jun-10, 00:16
Never mind Squidge, you can have a break from fred for a time now. Guess thats the clique down to 1 now ;)

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 00:26
Wouldnt have thought so. Roll a big fat one could be slang for some sort of sexual activity.:lol:

I don't know about that, but chugging on a big fat one might well be.

;)

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 00:28
Many of your views are not only wrong, they're dangerously misguided.

Misguided maybe, but only dangerous in the hands of someone with power or influence.

:)

Bazeye
09-Jun-10, 00:29
Misguided maybe, but only dangerous in the hands of someone with power or influence.

:)

Steady now!

Bazeye
09-Jun-10, 00:30
Steady now!

This meant to be in reply to the chugging post but my medications kicked in.

Phill
09-Jun-10, 00:33
oooOOOOooooh

Is that the yellow card??

Bazeye
09-Jun-10, 01:08
oooOOOOooooh

Is that the yellow card??

Nah, Im just a bit mean with my smiley fellas .:D

Metalattakk
09-Jun-10, 02:36
Never mind Squidge, you can have a break from fred for a time now. Guess thats the clique down to 1 now ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjJZudJ3xos

sandyr1
09-Jun-10, 05:20

Pray tell me/ us your thoughts, if any?

bekisman
09-Jun-10, 09:33
If one further clicks on "Community" at the top of the page then "members" in the drop down and then on "reputation" at the top of the lists one will see that Bekisman is 8 places above the other above mentioned Orger and only these two Orgers (and I suppose admin/mods) will know how many rep points they actually have. Rep is a complicated beast in that depending how long one has been around, how many posts one has made and how much rep one has given will affect how much rep one actually gives. So basically it is nice to know that fellow Orgers like what one has said but unless one is totally anally retentive and has kept the stats one will never know how revered their words are! I am fairly sure that Bekisman is pretty laid back! ;)

Thanks for that wifie, 'spose I am 'laid back' - first discovered it when my Troop Officer (after explosion near Musgrave Park Hospital) said "[bekisman] you're unflappable".. and more recently whilst in Raigmore Hospital in 2006 - for a complete left knee replacement. I watched as the Anaesthetist came round to us 6 in the ward, giving pre-meds to the other five.. "what about me?" I asked. "oh, you don't need them" he says, "you're too laid back".. which was handy as I could watch the op without being woozy, as I hope to do again on 8th July when I go in for a full replacement of me right knee..(all to do with injury in Fire Service)..

So really, some presumptuous prat somewhere thinking I'm 'obsessed' is, shall I say it, wrong again..
oh yes, before I go I was intrigued by post #8 "I've been posting to forums on the internet since before there were forums" - eh? ;)

DeHaviLand
09-Jun-10, 09:33

As this video triggers my T-mobile content lock, is there a point to it?

Metalattakk
09-Jun-10, 10:18
Pray tell me/ us your thoughts, if any?

It's the theme tune to 'Happy Days'. Is it not self-evident?

As this video triggers my T-mobile content lock, is there a point to it?

^^^

golach
09-Jun-10, 10:38
It's the theme tune to 'Happy Days'. Is it not self-evident?^^^

Very apt Metalattakk, I got it right away, but I have not drunk a "Happy Day" for some time now, Fowlers Wee Heavies are no longer in production I think.

Vistravi
09-Jun-10, 11:08
Are we so immature that we are reduced to mud slinging like children?

Why is it that when we see something we do not like we have to retailate? Agreeing to disagree keeps everything civial and its what grown ups do.

Too many dummies being spit out...... For the orgers that can't keep them in...Learn to!

Anfield
09-Jun-10, 11:08
Turning back to the original thread on why people are leaving the Org and i would suggest that it may be that people cant/dont have time to find threads which appeal to them.

I have just logged on and looking at the 1st page of "General" threads there is a huge diversity of topics covered. From people wanting to know where you can buy "Adult fancy dress"(?) Sun Creams to threads on Steven Hawking.

Maybe we have too many subjects lumped together as "General" and mods should think about splitting this group into further categories such as "Local" issues and "Global" issues. The Portgower web site (http://orkneyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi) uses this idea and although the number of members on that site is very low it does make it easy to find sections of the site that you can read and contribute to.

Vistravi
09-Jun-10, 11:12
Turning back to the original thread on why people are leaving the Org and i would suggest that it may be that people cant/dont have time to find threads which appeal to them.

I have just logged on and looking at the 1st page of "General" threads there is a huge diversity of topics covered. From people wanting to know where you can buy "Adult fancy dress"(?) Sun Creams to threads on Steven Hawking.

Maybe we have too many subjects lumped together as "General" and mods should think about splitting this group into further categories such as "Local" issues and "Global" issues. The Portgower web site (http://orkneyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi) uses this idea and although the number of members on that site is very low it does make it easy to find sections of the site that you can read and contribute to.

Good idea Anfield. ;)

Crackeday
09-Jun-10, 13:44
Oh my how the mighty have fallen!!!.
At least israel can sleep safe knowing they will get a wee bit of peace for the foreseable!![lol]

scorrie
09-Jun-10, 14:14

They say a picture is worth a thousand words:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/FreeWomanIstock.jpg

Reproduced by kind permission of the Association For the Relief of Arse-Toothache

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 15:51
Martyr.

"2 a person who exaggerates their difficulties in order to obtain sympathy or admiration."

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/martyr?view=uk

bekisman
09-Jun-10, 19:53
I've been out all day today, and on logging in, find that Fred has been suspended.

I've also had emails and PM's asking if I know why. I've no idea and not too bothered. I've had my spats with him, but never reported him or gave him a bad rep. But it was interesting to note that on the 11-Aug-06, 12:46 it was asked: "why is fred suspended??" and then two years later on 08-Jan-08, 18:37 it was posted; "Been looking for Fred and see he's suspended!.." and now here we are again two years later;09-Jun-10 "Fred suspended". So watch out for 2012!..

The reason why he's suspended, no-one will ever know, he was not bullied off, but sad to say he did himself bully, he's not here to defend himself, so it's up to you what you think.

But pleased to say that Orgers who despaired of him, are hopefully trickling back...

gleeber
09-Jun-10, 20:17
It's disappointing that freds suspended. He was always respectful towards fellow orgers considering some of the flak he took.

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 20:23
There is the ignore option, so I don't really see any joy in him being suspended. :)

bekisman
09-Jun-10, 20:43
It's disappointing that freds suspended. He was always respectful towards fellow orgers considering some of the flak he took.

Of course he was

"Strange how people who can't handle the truth revert to a mental age of twelve."

"Which just proves the point, the people who have been there are often the people who know least."
"You just don't listen do you?"
"Oh I enjoy intelligent debate, if I can find someone intelligent to debate with".
"Now have you got enough intelligence to open your eyes and see the world as it really is"
"You seem to be suffering from delusions of grandeur."
"Grow up."
"I don't debate with people who send me threatening and abusive PMs."
"If you can't behave in a civilised manner without becoming abusive I reserve the right not to debate with you."
"I don't take orders from you either."
"Ah you are in Iraq, that explains why you are in denial."
"The we is the people of Britain, wasn't that obvious? I'll try and use shorter words for you."

Bazeye
09-Jun-10, 20:47

Thought it was in Egypt.

squidge
09-Jun-10, 20:49
I said on an earlier thread that he will be away soon and away he is... if Fred's posts werent quite so "im always right" it would make for a lively debate.

Sigh

Boozeburglar
09-Jun-10, 20:54
I go along with you Squidge, hope he is back soon and we can have another go. :)

bekisman
09-Jun-10, 20:56
Thought it was in Egypt.[/center]

He was 'debating' with a Squaddie, I think ;)

bekisman
09-Jun-10, 20:57
Thought it was in Egypt.[/center]

Hmm, just got it (well I am on these 'pills!') - and they are very nice..

Anfield
09-Jun-10, 22:57
Of course he was

"Strange how people who can't handle the truth revert to a mental age of twelve."

"Which just proves the point, the people who have been there are often the people who know least."
"You just don't listen do you?"
"Oh I enjoy intelligent debate, if I can find someone intelligent to debate with".
"Now have you got enough intelligence to open your eyes and see the world as it really is"
"You seem to be suffering from delusions of grandeur."
"Grow up."
"I don't debate with people who send me threatening and abusive PMs."
"If you can't behave in a civilised manner without becoming abusive I reserve the right not to debate with you."
"I don't take orders from you either."
"The we is the people of Britain, wasn't that obvious? I'll try and use shorter words for you."

Do you keep a "little black book" on all orgers? or just Fred

Anfield
09-Jun-10, 23:03
Oh my how the mighty have fallen!!!.
At least israel can sleep safe knowing they will get a wee bit of peace for the foreseable!![lol]

Israelis may be able to sleep safe (The billions of military aid that USA gives them helps with that option)
How about all the people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan who do not receive military aid from USA?

golach
09-Jun-10, 23:08
Israelis may be able to sleep safe (The billions of military aid that USA gives them helps with that option)
How about all the people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan who do not receive military aid from USA?

And what do you think NATO is doing in Afghanistan at the moment, they are there at the request of the Democratic Afghan Government, Last time I heard USA is a part of Nato[disgust]

scorrie
09-Jun-10, 23:09
There is the ignore option, so I don't really see any joy in him being suspended. :)

Fair comment but a thread can still be ruined by people wading in and wandering off topic and onto the same, favourite, old tune, even if that person is on ignore.

I have no desire to see fred banned from the org, I tend not to read much of his input now as it is usually very predictable and inflexible to other opinions. If it provides a ball for others to have a five set tennis match (all tie breakers) with, then I think those who wish to play the game should join in and then simply put their racquet down once they stop enjoying it. Instead we usually get a lot of griping.

Maybe a virtual boxing ring would be preferred?

catran
10-Jun-10, 00:14
And what do you think NATO is doing in Afghanistan at the moment, they are there at the request of the Democratic Afghan Government, Last time I heard USA is a part of Nato[disgust]

Goodness gracious me, whatever next no wonder everyone is leaving, know sumphin what a dose of s--- is on the Org. Intellectuals???? Ha ha ., numpties oh yes. From the new swimming pool to goodness knows what from intellectuals with highers and French, woodwork, dressmaking all done at evening classes, when was it, in a bygone era or what?????? Gymns ect., Must have been before my time when we moved to Wick as gymns were not about in my day. Why on earth cant they sort the old high school building, renovation should be the name of the game. Again all this money going to where. Took a lot of money to get the swimming pool,yet it is not up to some peoples' standard Come on you folks that forked out all your spare coppers to have the /swimming Pool, it is not Olympic class but it it is a swimming pool and a gym so what is the problem? Leave the Bignold Park alone or some of that spiritual things will attack.
What a dose of nonsense about Portgower, of course trhere are people there what a lot of driffle.

Now AFDGHANISTAN , who on the Org can sort that lot out . nEVER MIND, although I hae not lost my English accent I do have West cOAST humble beginnings therefore in my retirement year I am looking forward to the Mod so it should be good and I do enjoy the Gaelic dialect

Anfield
10-Jun-10, 00:16

It is well accepted that the Government Elections in Afghanistan were fraudulent, The Afghan "president" has even stated that the UN were involved in this fraud
Read here (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/afghanistan/article7086347.ece)

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 00:17
Goodness gracious me, whatever next no wonder everyone is leaving, know sumphin what a dose of s--- is on the Org. Intellectuals???? Ha ha ., numpties oh yes. From the new swimming pool to goodness knows what from intellectuals with highers and French, woodwork, dressmaking all done at evening classes, when was it, in a bygone era or what?????? Gymns ect., Must have been before my time when we moved to Wick as gymns were not about in my day. Why on earth cant they sort the old high school building, renovation should be the name of the game. Again all this money going to where. Took a lot of money to get the swimming pool,yet it is not up to some peoples' standard Come on you folks that forked out all your spare coppers to have the /swimming Pool, it is not Olympic class but it it is a swimming pool and a gym so what is the problem? Leave the Bignold Park alone or some of that spiritual things will attack.
What a dose of nonsense about Portgower, of course trhere are people there what a lot of driffle.

Now AFDGHANISTAN , who on the Org can sort that lot out . nEVER MIND, although I hae not lost my English accent I do have West cOAST humble beginnings therefore in my retirement year I am looking forward to the Mod so it should be good and I do enjoy the Gaelic dialect

This is what this place needs, stream of consciousness prose.

northener
10-Jun-10, 00:30

I agree absolutely and so does my geranium.

Metalattakk
10-Jun-10, 00:50
This is what this place needs, stream of consciousness prose.

So, "stream of consciousness prose" now means "slevers"?

(Don't you just love the co-option of our language? [lol])

Boozeburglar
10-Jun-10, 01:21
Whilst I wus walking along the banks o the Thurso wrapped wi ma conscious thought of how we played in the water and jumped up on the shore in our skins but still out of the same and crawlin up the bank into the bliss where our hearts were warmed on the fire of sunshine and love into the pub we fell and crossed the old man's hand wi gold fer his medicine and wended our way North to the light. Always in the light as our spirits lifted and the call came to celebrate one more time again like a salmon fighting that last weir, on and on and on and on like a meditation endless and still ended, testified and recorded. Gone and forgotten before.

Margaret M.
10-Jun-10, 03:10
Are we so immature that we are reduced to mud slinging like children?

Why is it that when we see something we do not like we have to retailate? Agreeing to disagree keeps everything civial and its what grown ups do.

Too many dummies being spit out...... For the orgers that can't keep them in...Learn to!

You are sounding like a mother now! You may have to repeat it a few times for some of this bunch but it will be good practice for you. :D

bekisman
10-Jun-10, 09:04

Well, in a word; 'no'. basically what happens is that someone will post something and I'll say to myself "hmm, I seem to remember he/she gave it differently, i.e. like Fred saying Iran had not started a war in 100 years (or something like that). Well that rang a bell and I do a search and find that - for example he had said 2,000 years or 200 years -very minor points..

I seemed to get the impression that Fred had said something about bullying,so, spend a bit (I've got all the time in the world ) doing another search and come up with the oft repeated 'bullying' comment, which looked as those he was kicking the backside out of it.. Similarly when someone says Fred was always respectful towards fellow orgers - it kinda rang a bell..

This is not just Fred, but anyone....

And anyway can't help it - it's me part-time interest..!

bekisman
10-Jun-10, 09:05

Tuesday, March 30, 2010,17:23 New Delhi Mar 30: Air Chief Marshall PV Naik on Tuesday, Mar 30 said that India has expressed its concern over the US Military aid to Pakistan to the Obama administration

(http://news.oneindia.in/2010/03/30/india-concerned-over-us-military-aid-to-pak-naik.html#).... US is scheduled to provide Pakistan with 18 of the Block 52 F-16s, Oliver Hazard Perry Class frigate by winter and Shadow Drones later this year, in addition to F-16 combat jets, air-to-air missiles and other equipment worth millions of dollars which Pakistan has been receiving as military aid.
http://news.oneindia.in/2010/03/30/india-concerned-over-us-military-aid-to-pak-naik.html (http://news.oneindia.in/2010/03/30/india-concerned-over-us-military-aid-to-pak-naik.html)

Anfield
10-Jun-10, 15:35
Tuesday, March 30, 2010,17:23 New Delhi Mar 30: Air Chief Marshall PV Naik on Tuesday, Mar 30 said that India has expressed its concern over the US Military aid to Pakistan to the Obama administration

(http://news.oneindia.in/2010/03/30/india-concerned-over-us-military-aid-to-pak-naik.html#).... US is scheduled to provide Pakistan with 18 of the Block 52 F-16s, Oliver Hazard Perry Class frigate by winter and Shadow Drones later this year, in addition to F-16 combat jets, air-to-air missiles and other equipment worth millions of dollars which Pakistan has been receiving as military aid.
http://news.oneindia.in/2010/03/30/india-concerned-over-us-military-aid-to-pak-naik.html (http://news.oneindia.in/2010/03/30/india-concerned-over-us-military-aid-to-pak-naik.html)

So are you suggesting that Pakistan, aided by USA is committing genocide,
or are weapons given to Pakistan Military finding their way to Taleban?

After all it would not after all be the first time that America has armed the Taleban.

Niall Fernie
10-Jun-10, 15:47
Thread taken off topic and now closed.

If more threads are going to be hijacked by the same usual suspects then we'll have to start issuing infractions.

Anfield, you complained that it was difficult to find topics to discuss in the general forum, it's made it even harder if a non related topic is tagged on to the end of another thread.