PDA

View Full Version : assembly rooms -what a wonderful difference

lynne duncan
07-Jun-10, 21:47
I went to watch some of the music festival today, had totally forgotten that the tiered seating was in, what a fantastic improvement.
has anyone else been in and what did you think of it?

and the little one's class won so it made it a doubly nice morning out

George Brims
08-Jun-10, 00:21
I assume that seating can be removed to allow dancing, flower shows etc?

Bill Fernie
08-Jun-10, 02:01
The seating is retractable and folds away at the back of the hall.

The floor under it has been renewed and strengthened underneath to take the additional weight.

In addition new lighting and a new sound system have been installed to improve the conditions for productions.

Shortly new drapes will be in place.

Saveman
08-Jun-10, 10:29
How many can the assembly rooms now seat?

katarina
08-Jun-10, 11:00
haven't been there lately - but it sounds great. At least something in the town is improving!

veritas
08-Jun-10, 14:06
How many can the assembly rooms now seat?

Just under 600

Saveman
08-Jun-10, 16:12
If there was an event and nearly 600 people turned up, where would they all park?

LMS
08-Jun-10, 16:17
If there was an event and nearly 600 people turned up, where would they all park?

Oh hells bells, here we go again. Something is done in the county, which by the way is a tremendous job, and it is downed straight away by some prophets of doom. There are streets galore in the vicinity. If you parked somewhere in a city you would expect to walk; but if you go somewhere in Caithness, everyone expects to park at the door. There's Breadalbane Terrace, Sinclair Terrace, Argyle Square, Dempster Street, Lower Dunbar Street etc. How much more parking would be required?

I am glad to see that the Assembly Rooms have been improved without the need for a new building and lots of bits added on which then renders other town facilities superfluous.

Saveman
08-Jun-10, 16:30
Oh hells bells, here we go again. Something is done in the county, which by the way is a tremendous job, and it is downed straight away by some prophets of doom. There are streets galore in the vicinity. If you parked somewhere in a city you would expect to walk; but if you go somewhere in Caithness, everyone expects to park at the door. There's Breadalbane Terrace, Sinclair Terrace, Argyle Square, Dempster Street, Lower Dunbar Street etc. How much more parking would be required?

I am glad to see that the Assembly Rooms have been improved without the need for a new building and lots of bits added on which then renders other town facilities superfluous.

Eh? Where exactly did I "down" this project??

I'm over the moon that improvements have been made, it might just be the thing I'm looking for. But I'm wondering about the parking facilities......if parking is available in all those streets that would be great!!

ORG paranoia makes orgers jump to too many conclusions!

pegasus
08-Jun-10, 17:34
I went to watch some of the music festival today, had totally forgotten that the tiered seating was in, what a fantastic improvement.
has anyone else been in and what did you think of it?

and the little one's class won so it made it a doubly nice morning out

Seems like the good poeple of WICK will be able to enjoy some wonderful events in splendid comfort. :)

Kevin Milkins
08-Jun-10, 18:10

I have only been to one gig at the assembly rooms and that was the pantomime at Christmas. (which was brilliant):Razz

We walked from the North side of town, but although it was a sell out it seemed that the venue did have the infrastructure to deal with large amounts of people and was able to cope with the extra traffic that the event caused.

shamrock2007
08-Jun-10, 19:47
Delighted to hear that the Assembly Rooms is getting the tlc that it needed its a fantastic venue had our wedding reception there 9yrs ago & it was fab, loads of room everyone still goes on about how good it was!

veritas
10-Jun-10, 13:16

So when you go to a show in central London tell me exaclty weher you would park???

In Wick how far is it from the Parking to the Assembly Rooms about 5mins I think

Saveman
10-Jun-10, 13:21
So when you go to a show in central London tell me exaclty weher you would park???

In Wick how far is it from the Parking to the Assembly Rooms about 5mins I think

:( I wasn't having a go. I was just asking.....

:confused

Bradcon
10-Jun-10, 16:34
The new seating system at the back of the hall was great. I was at the music festival this morning, and had no problem at all seeing from the back. Delighted. Well done, a great improvement for the Assembly rooms indeed. :D

lynne duncan
10-Jun-10, 18:24
back again today to watch the popular choice, what a brilliant morning well done to all the bairns that took part never mind bgt here comes caithness got talent lol!

lovely to hear all the bairns

and very well done to the south school P6/7 on their win

Blarney
10-Jun-10, 23:42
Really looking forward to seeing this new seating, it should make a big difference when there's a full house! I always get landed behind a 20stone bodybuilder or a wifie with huge hair[lol]

bluechesse
11-Jun-10, 00:22
:( I wasn't having a go. I was just asking.....

Unlucky buddy. Need to choose your words carefully, always someone waiting to pounce.......;)
Now last time I was there, at the panto, there wasn't a wee shoppie selling sweeties and juice, no good having all them seats if you cant feed the crowds..........[lol]