PDA

View Full Version : copy dvd.

black rover
07-Jun-10, 11:04
Hi, Bought a new external hard drive to store my dvds but don't have the know how. My desk-top computer has dvd fab platinum and also nero express. I have burned dvds from disk to disk successfully in the past but would love to manage this operation. Any help at all out there???

dx100uk
07-Jun-10, 23:43
dvdshrink

dx

Bobinovich
08-Jun-10, 00:38
There are two easy options

If you just want a straight copy of the DVD then simply copy the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders from the DVD into a folder on your external hard drive. You should be able to then playback directly from that folder using a program such as PowerDVD. However some may not work due to protection which is where DVD Fab Platinum comes in.

All you need to is fire it up, insert your DVD, select Main Movie (this removes all menus, extras etc. and just rips the movie only) and set the Target drive to a folder on your external hard drive. You can also set other options like quality / target file size, remove other audio streams, protection, etc. and then set it going. It'll take a wee while but at the end you'll have your DVD in a folder ready to play.

Alternatively you can rip it to a folder on your PC and then copy it across to your external drive once the rip is complete.

black rover
09-Jun-10, 11:33
Hi Bobinovich, used dvd fab on protected dvd and its now on my external hard drive in folder "main movie". I have power dvd but don't know how to get folder to play movie. Can you help???

Bobinovich
09-Jun-10, 15:34
Start up PowerDVD and, just to the left of the Play / Jog / FFW / Reverse dial (dependent on your choosen skin of course) there is a wee folder icon. Click it and select 'Open DVD file on Hard Drive', point to the folder containing the movie and then click Open. Voila :D

black rover
09-Jun-10, 16:45
Thanks a bundle Bobinovich, you've made my day, again, many thanks.