PDA

View Full Version : A dogs prayers

mop top
06-Jun-10, 20:55
The intensity on the dog's face shows more sincerity than most people I know !
Ya' gotta' love the expression on the dogs face !

http://uk.mg.bt.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f5055%5fAHq8ktkAAIxXTAjW%2fQXTaHS4 %2faU&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1
'Dear Lord:

Thank you for bringing me to Timmy's house and not to some old kennel -- AMEN !'

Leanne
06-Jun-10, 21:19
Aw that's lovely!

I also like this one...

Baggage

By Evelyn Colbath
From the Shelter Dog

Will You Help Me Unpack?"
Now that I'm home, bathed, settled and fed,
and all nicely tucked in my warm new bed,
I should unpack my baggage, lest I forget,
There is so much to carry, so much to regret...

Hmm...Yes there it is, right on top, let's first unpack Loneliness, Heartache and Loss,
And there by my leash hides Fear and hides Shame,
As I look on these things I tried so hard to leave,
I still have to unpack my baggage called Pain.

I loved them, the others, the ones who left me,
but I wasn't good enough for they didn't want me.
Will you add to my baggage? Will you help me unpack?
Or recoil from my things and take me right back?

Do you have the time to help me unpack?
To put away my baggage, and never repack?
I pray that you do, for I'm so tired you see,
But I do come with baggage - do you still want me?

demac-artist
06-Jun-10, 21:41
Thanks Leanne

That is so profound and beautiful.

i got my boy Einstein from the Inverness SSPCA and 3 years later he is still a joy

Deanne

teenybash
06-Jun-10, 23:20
Beautiful words.....I don't think there is a greater feeling than giving a loving home to an unwanted, unloved, uncared for dog, cat or any other creature that needs a home...........:)

Dadie
07-Jun-10, 22:44
Poppy dog is a rescue dog and although she has been with us for years she still has some baggage from her so called life before us!
She will hide from visitors and will runaway from anyone with an orcadian accent ... and now with her inflammed pancreas and special diet....
We still love her and she is as much a part of the family as she could have ever hoped to have.
She is great round us and will put up with anything a toddler or 2 (just wait until no3 is moving) does to her.
I wouldnt hesitate to take on another rescue.... as long as we both could have a trial period as I now have the kids to consider.

simpsoney
10-Jun-10, 19:24
two of our three dogs are rescue cases and i would urge anyone looking for a pet to look for a rescue first. ther are so many that need homes. Both mine came with a fair bit of baggage but with a lot of time & patience among other things we have made large improvments. They are now both really good and would definately have another rescue first.