PDA

View Full Version : Dog Neutering

simple338
06-Jun-10, 20:40
Hi planning on taking my girl to the vets to get done, was hoping someone could tell me roughly how much this costs? Also whens the best time to get it done? shes 1 year old and in heat at the moment.

Leanne
06-Jun-10, 20:46
I'm not sure how much for a bitch but my dog cost me just over £100 so expect it to be more than that as it is a more invasive procedure. Just ring the vets - they're dead helpful :)

shazzy
06-Jun-10, 20:59
got my bitch done the other week,cost £170, had extra pain killers as she's a big baby,so probably bout £150.Dont do it during season though.The vets usually wait for her to have first season before they will do it so should be ok.

Dadie
06-Jun-10, 22:04
Depends on the size of the dog!
Poppy is a lab and I think it cost between £200 and £300 ... nearer the £300 I think when I had her done!

froal
07-Jun-10, 18:30
We've had a quote from the vets in thurso the price goes on the weight of your dog for anesetic (spelling) !! Plus they also told us once she's had her season you have to wait 3 months before you can get her done as thats exactly what we're doing our bitch is 8 years old. Hope this helps :D