PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring young man from the North

orkneylass
16-Jun-06, 17:15
Hi

I am probably the last to pick up on this, but if you don't know about it, go to www.meandcancer.com and read the remarkable story of William Hamilton from Embo. I picked up on it from the BBC Health website.:eek:

My own father died from testicular cancer at 28, when I was 6 months old. This puts my 2 sons at higher than average risk, so it is a subject close to home for me. Testicular cancer is on the increase and affects young men aged 15 - 44. caught early there is almost 100% survival rate - William's was not diagnosed so early, but his is an inspirational tale.:o)

Like me, you may wish to get your sons or other young men you know to read the story. the warning signs for testicular cancer are a lump, or aching, dragging feeling in the testicle, or any other change, easily detected by regular checks in the shower.

best wishes

MAC

footie chick
16-Jun-06, 19:01
Tears are rolling down my cheeks after that WHAT a story an inspiration to anyone who, or anyones family, who has been given the dreaded C word. What an inspiration to everybody and what guts to write all of that down. Hopefully anyone who reads it will check themselves out now after reading that. What a guy!

mccaugm
17-Jun-06, 10:35
:( I read about this in the Daily Record/Mail on Sunday a few weeks ago. Yes it also brought tears to my eyes.