PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Clothes Shops

larcc
23-May-04, 16:39
I think Thurso is in desperate need for a clothes shop for young children.

Not a lot of choice in Woolies, Mackays there is plenty for girls but not for boys!

People tell the community to shop locally but it is difficult!

Tesco or Asda would be good as they have a good range of clothes for both children and adults at good prices....

Geoff
23-May-04, 17:37
yes i agree, i have 2 teenagers and aboy of 7 ,its really difficult i make a trip to tesco, or go on the net or use a catalogue. If we had more chocie in the matter we could support our local shops.PLUS the clothes are priced for the touriest not the locals, my 2 older kids will not shop in the more store no way.I like the more store they have good bargains but kids follow their peers, WE need a good childrens store !!!!!!!!

kirkhill
23-May-04, 21:58
Dont know how you think it is harder to get boys clothes, than for girls, the clothes you get up her every second child has on, woolies and mackays are still your only choice so you tell me where it is you can get a choice for little girls!

scotsboy
25-May-04, 07:13
Can you still get Wrangler Skinners, fair Isle jumpers and snorkel parkas in Wick now that Banks' has closed?

simian sally
26-May-04, 10:45
I think Thurso is in desperate need for a clothes shop for young children.

Not a lot of choice in Woolies, Mackays there is plenty for girls but not for boys!

People tell the community to shop locally but it is difficult!

Tesco or Asda would be good as they have a good range of clothes for both children and adults at good prices....
Is the situation really that bad? Surely there are other Thurso shops selling children's clothes?

Not sure I could survive without Gap Kids, H&M and JJB Sports.

marksay
30-May-04, 16:28
I AGREE, THURSO NEEDS SOMETHING MORE, MACKAYS AND WOOLIES ARE FINE TO AN EXTENT, BUT THE CHOICE IS POOR ON THE WHOLE AND NOT EVERY CHILD CONFORMS TO THE SIZE GUIDES. I HAVE TO VISIT KYLIE PART OF MACKAYS AND BUY AGED 11 UPWARDS FOR THEM TO FIT MY 7 AND 9 YEARS OLD GIRLS.

MAYBE SOMEONE LOCAL COULD THINK ABOUT OPENING A SHOP WHICH IS IN EVERYBODYS PRICE RANGE AND CATERS FOR ALL SIZES.

Mr P Cannop
30-May-04, 17:07
the red cross shop might be able to help

squidge
30-May-04, 21:14
i buy some stuff on line, also buttresses do some ok stuff but its expensive.

I do find it limiting as i have three boys. However a house move might make all the difference

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa