PDA

View Full Version : internet explorer

LRM
16-Jun-06, 10:29
every time I go on internet explorer it says that it has to shut down as it has encountered a problem. The second time I try it always works. Does anyone know how to sort it?? Thanks

blueivy
16-Jun-06, 11:37
LRM,

What version of IE are you using?

What operating system?

What exactly is the error message?

What does the event log say?

Does it always crash first time and always work second time?

LRM
18-Jun-06, 20:44
[QUOTE=blueivy]LRM,

What version of IE are you using?

What operating system?

What exactly is the error message?

What does the event log say?

Does it always crash first time and always work second time?[/QUOT
All I know is that i have windows xp and am on wanadoo broadban (now changed to orange) Seems to be slower since orange tookover, almost like dial up.Doesn't always do it but mostly does.

LRM
18-Jun-06, 20:47
error message says internet explorer has encountered a problem and has to close. Then asks do you want to send error message to microsoft or not. If it does crash first time it always works second time.

krieve
18-Jun-06, 22:32
LRM i'm having the same problem it has only started happening since wanadoo changed to orange .

ice box
19-Jun-06, 10:04
I have that problem too starts up shut down and second time no probs... and they say nothing would change. Grrrrrrr

LRM
19-Jun-06, 14:07
Do either of you find that it is much slower too? I feel like I am back on dialup

Moonboots
22-Jun-06, 10:09
Try upgrading to IE7beta as I am using it just now and its seems fine to me.

You can get it from the ms website.

rfr10
22-Jun-06, 16:18
Just try re installing IE. It's likely that an installation file is missing or corrupted.

You could also try the following:
1.Close all open Internet Explorer windows.2.In Control Panel, start the Add or Remove Programs tool (or the Add/Remove Programs tool).3.Click Smart tags support for Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then click Change/Remove (or click Add/Remove).

OR

1.Start Internet Explorer.2.On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.3.On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Enable smart tags check box.4.Click OK, and then restart Internet Explorer.

OR

CLICK- Tools > Internet Options. On the Advanced Tab hit the "Restore Defaults" button and click apply.

OR

It COULD be Adware/ Spyware. Try running an anti Ad/SpyWare Program.

blueivy
23-Jun-06, 11:40
Guys,

What changed when you moved from Wanadoo to Oranage? Did you install any software (ie. did Orange send you a CD with a ncie rebranded version of IE)?

There have been a couple of options suggested.

I know IE 7 Beta doesn't work with all sites as it radically changes the way IE works. It doesn't work on a lot of the sites Microsoft themselves host and they only recently fixed the front page to work with it properly. I had it installed foer about an hour before going back to IE 6. You could give ie a try and see how much mileage you get with it. ou can always uninstall it if it doesn't work out for you.

robin170491, I'm not sure how enabling smart tags will fix the problem although resetting the defaults may work it's unlikely as the browser starts the second time. If the problem was an Advanced tab setting then it would crash every time. Worth a try though - can't hurt! Scanning for viruses and spyware is a good idea!

Has anybody tried using a different browser? I never use IE these days only through Firefox (using IE Tab you can view IE rendered pages in tabs within Firefox).