PDA

View Full Version : Caravans!

bekisman
04-Jun-10, 21:43
Don't panic - for a change I'm not running em down..

Today Mrs Beks and I decided to go down to Inverness, usually we go down the road Melvich to Helmsdale, but for a change would try the A836 out to Tongue, turn left down to Lairg; that way..

No sooner had we got to Bettyhill then we see a Dutch caravan coming towards us, with a 'number 17' on it's windscreen. Oh No! bloody hell, it's that annual Dutch thing where hundreds of caravans come around the north coast road, holding folks up for hours and hours.. a few minutes later 'Number '10', then 'Number 11'.. but then we noticed there was a decent space/time between 'em.. 'Number 14' five minutes later 'Number 1' - and so it went on.. no problems whatsoever, with vehicles being held up. In fact just before the hill down to Tongue, one was coming up the hill, they flashed and they pulled in! Thank You 'Number 6' we waved as we went by..
Very impressed :D

Bazeye
04-Jun-10, 21:59
Must admit I thought it was going to be a rant then with the exclamation mark after your post heading, you trickster you.

poppett
04-Jun-10, 22:46
Last year we were caravanning in Dingwall and my sister in law`s poor health declined. We tried to extend the booking, but there was no space as they were expecting the Dutch rally. The wardens let us put the van into a corner to store and we expected to have to find B and B, but within a short time of leaving for the care home in Nairn we had a call to say the Dutch folk were willing to move their pitches a fraction to give us space if we could manage without direct supply electricity. Lovely jesture, and such kind caring people. The following two days they asked each day how she was and were genuinely upset when she passed away.

We have had to give up caravanning due to my OH`s poor health, but will miss the friendship.

Don`t knock it till you try it......... I learned my first sweary words behind caravans in the 1960`s !!