PDA

View Full Version : lorry debris

sassybreeks
04-Jun-10, 21:36
Absolutely livid!!!! [mad] Was driving from Latheron on the A9 to Thurso to take the B870 road to Watten and a big green lorry which i presume to be a Gunns lorry passed at speed and spattered my car with debris. On arriving at my mothers, i checked the car and it is covered with lots of stone chip damage to my paintwork to driver wing and bonnet.

Of course i was travelling opposite direction and unable to get reg number in rearview mirror. Annyone else had this problem? Obviously his load was not covered or covered properly! My car is only a year old too! not a happy bunny :(

annthracks
04-Jun-10, 21:42
Sorry to hear that, but on a brighter side, you're lucky it didn't put your windscreen in.

Bazeye
04-Jun-10, 21:47
Sorry to hear that, but on a brighter side, you're lucky it didn't put your windscreen in.

Or your car broke down and there was a mad gunman on the rampage. Perspective.

Billy Boy
04-Jun-10, 22:02

Whats that got to do with anything:confused " Perspective" My erse! The point the op is saying that her car got damaged by a lorry that had it's load uncoverd, which should never of happend if the driver wasnt trying to save time by not covering his load.
A car is expensive enough with out inconsiderate people damaging it needlessly [evil]

balto
04-Jun-10, 22:03
wee bit below the belt considering the masacre that happened in cumbria

Nacho
04-Jun-10, 22:27
sorry to hear about your damaged car, but can you be sure it was from the load it was carrying and not crap kicked up from the road by the lorries wheels ?

during the recent works at the bridges past Bower i was regularly bombarded with stoor and stones off the road by passing buses and lorries.

... just a thought

sassybreeks
05-Jun-10, 10:55
It defo 'rained' down, so to speak. Its as if the load was spraying off back of lorry, which of course i was driving into! Was not flicked up by wheels, i have experienced that in past back home.

After driving 280 miles to get here the car is filthy and even with dirt in place i have counted at least 10 stone chips

catran
07-Jun-10, 19:29
It defo 'rained' down, so to speak. Its as if the load was spraying off back of lorry, which of course i was driving into! Was not flicked up by wheels, i have experienced that in past back home.

After driving 280 miles to get here the car is filthy and even with dirt in place i have counted at least 10 stone chips

Not at all funny a car is an expensive item and to get chips sorted is expensive as well.

pegasus
07-Jun-10, 19:59
Have you tried contacting Gunns and explaing this unfortunat business? :roll:

horseman
07-Jun-10, 20:01
I would have turned round an chased after the scum bag.!

macbreeza
07-Jun-10, 20:15

I don't understand how someone getting angry about car damage caused by carelessness and negligence of someone else is out of perspective?

I see you are in Barrow close to Whitehaven.........yes it's tragic very tragic what happened but I am baffled as to the thinking behind your post and how the two relate maybe it's making you feel angry and you are venting it on here? which is understandable.

If it were my car I would be angry too. Does this mean I am wrong and I should have said "oh well at least i am still alive" and not get angry? If i were stabbed and survived should I say "oh well at least I am still alive?", if i were mugged today what should i think? should i think "oh well at least I am still alive"

I feel it is belittling to say it's out of persective, to the person it happened to it is not! its very much in their perspective! People react to situations they deem unfair to them no matter what scale whether that be with a rant or something far more sinister.

sassybreeks
07-Jun-10, 21:50

Yeah, the world is a crap place and there is always someone worse off than you! I get it!!!!! But, like macbreeza says, does that mean we have to accept wrongdoings to ourselves?????

No, i haven't contacted Gunns yet as couldn't access my email up there. But will it do any good? Just back home tonight and on way down i had to pass a Henderson lorry going south at Latheron with load of gravel uncovered! Is it not a requirement to cover a loose load?

sids
07-Jun-10, 22:46
wee bit below the belt considering the masacre that happened in cumbria

Topical though.

It's "massacre," by the way.