PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to understand certain adverts...

annthracks
04-Jun-10, 21:27
Does anyone else wonder why you would need to be concerned enough, about the dirt on a soap dispenser, to buy a Dettol electric dispenser?
Surely after you've dispensed the soap, you use it to wash your hands and don't touch it again til the next time? What am I missing there? Apart from a certain degree of gullibility.

The TV that George Takei is advertising is another one - with added YELLOW??
I guess most people are not aware that the 3 primary colours in light are Red, Green and Blue, and that Yellow light is a combination of Green and Red... please someone explain to me how you can get MORE yellow without using the two aforementioned Primaries.

brandy
04-Jun-10, 21:33
omg you threw me off there for a min. i was thinking 3 primary colors are red yellow and blue.. but then it pinged in my poor blonde head that you said in light.. duhhh.. sorry such a blonde moment there! but do get what you are saying!

peedie
04-Jun-10, 21:46
i couldn't figure out the added yellow part either!

on the other hand, i LOVE the birds eye ad's with the polar bear that lives in people fridges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujIOpK6CA-Q)

and the thank you cows adds that muller yogurts have started running recently
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_smKyihbQ3s) it makes me smile every time!

poppett
04-Jun-10, 22:49
I wipe the top of the soap dispenser when cleaning the bathroom and kitchen every day, sometimes more often if needs must. Doesn`t everyone?

Happy Guy
04-Jun-10, 22:57
Soap? Clean the bathroom? gosh I bet you wash up every day too lol

Dadie
04-Jun-10, 23:02
Hmmn I fished the soap dispenser out of the loo today! (wonder who was playing with it.... Iona)

Straight into the bin....

Then went back into the bathroom and was suprised there wasnt any soap for washing my hands:lol:

Why is the Liquids used for nappy ads blue?... That gets me!

brandy
05-Jun-10, 00:27
so you can see it of course *G* wouldnt do to have just clear water like liquid wouldnt be as visual..
ive given up on sanitation with ben in the house..
disease free and semi clean and im happy!
saying that one of my all time fav. things is bleach.
i keep a bottle of bleach water and every so often go thru thier rooms.. (bens mostly) and give everything a quick spray down.
works great on white good .. ie fridge washer cooker front.. and sinks bathrooms.
i mop the floor with bleach water..
but no one would ever ever say my floors are clean enough to eat off.. even though i have caught ben doing it!
just cant keep the floors clean!

Boozeburglar
05-Jun-10, 00:39
well lots of cleaning is associated with so many disorders it is good to expose bairns and yerself to some germs

series2A
05-Jun-10, 09:26
on the other hand, i LOVE the birds eye ad's with the polar bear that lives in people fridges

I hate it, it's creepy. the womans reaction is a bit concerning.
I don't really like it when they humanise (?) animals.
Have you seen the panda selling bisquits, aaagh so annoying when they pronounce things wrong.

Stefan
05-Jun-10, 09:37
Bleach? OMG, I thought everyone knew by now how bad that is... no chemical cleaning stuff in my house... and we are all still alive ;-)

If you kill all the germs around a child and keep it protected then what do you think is going to happen the first time the child is exposed to germs big time ?

German saying: If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.

Lot of truth in that one.

series2A
05-Jun-10, 09:59
Totally agree with you stefan, we live in too sterile soroundings.
When I was a child I worked on a farm and a garage I remember eating my food with my hands covered in oil and apart from the odd cold I have never been ill and I'm in my 50's now and still going.
Nothing wrong with keeping your houe clean but running around making everything sterile when a 2 year old sneezes, as the adverts on TV would have us doing, is a bit OTT

brandy
05-Jun-10, 10:16
i can guarentee i do not live in a sterile enviroment *rotflmao* the bleach is my chemical of choice and it does cut down the filth..
i am a female in a house of males and dog and cat! i need all the help i can get.. and im sorry but bleach gets rid of that horrible pee smell that all men seem to be able to spread due to lack of aim.
im keeping my bleach and nothing you can say or do will ever stop me.. wahhaha!!! my mother lives on in me!!!!!!!!! runs away like a loon to bleach the floors!

series2A
05-Jun-10, 10:34
all men seem to be able to spread due to lack of aim.

Excuse me...we are just marking our territory, you women just don't understand.

golach
05-Jun-10, 10:43
i am a female in a house of males and dog and cat! i need all the help i can get.. and im sorry but bleach gets rid of that horrible pee smell that all men seem to be able to spread due to lack of aim.

Install these Brandy they work for most male age groups [lol]

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Bathing/Toilet-Training/On-Target-Infant-Training-Balls(0017493)?cm_mmc=Feed-_-Google%20Base-_-N%2FA-_-On%20Target%20Infant%20Training%20Balls

poppett
05-Jun-10, 14:16
I am not called the "Bleach Queen" for nothing..... hand over that bottle Brandy, it`s my turn!

I personally don`t wash dishes........I have a machine that does it all. An indesit by the way in case anyone thinks my OH does it.

Bazeye
05-Jun-10, 14:29
Years ago in The Newmarket they had a little set of goals in the urinals and if you hit the target it changed colour or something similar. Can anyone else remember this or did I just have another one of my strange dreams?

Bazeye
05-Jun-10, 14:32
The I Ams cat when he says he doesnt know what the ingredients are on the packet because hes only a cat and cant read. You'd have thought that if he'd learn to talk he should be quite capable of reading.

peedie
05-Jun-10, 15:58
I hate it, it's creepy. the womans reaction is a bit concerning.
I don't really like it when they humanise (?) animals.
Have you seen the panda selling bisquits, aaagh so annoying when they pronounce things wrong.

i have indeed, i like the panda and his bisquits but i have a new favourite.
the irn bru butcher ad... :D

peedie
05-Jun-10, 16:04
The I Ams cat when he says he doesnt know what the ingredients are on the packet because hes only a cat and cant read. You'd have thought that if he'd learn to talk he should be quite capable of reading.

Must try harder? [lol]

annthracks
05-Jun-10, 16:23

That's Americans (specifically New Yorkers) for you ;)

annthracks
05-Jun-10, 16:27
... indesit by the way in case anyone thinks my OH does it.

Some people have twisted parents... Oh sorry, is indesit just his nickname?

_Ju_
05-Jun-10, 18:03
time ?

German saying: If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.

Lot of truth in that one.

hmmmmm.....in Portugal we say what doesn't kill you makes you grow.

_Ju_
05-Jun-10, 18:09
Install these Brandy they work for most male age groups [lol]

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Bathing/Toilet-Training/On-Target-Infant-Training-Balls(0017493)?cm_mmc=Feed-_-Google%20Base-_-N%2FA-_-On%20Target%20Infant%20Training%20Balls

Or use the Amsterdam urinal fly! I am sure it sticks to the side of the loo as well. Just makes you wonder wht is going on in mens brains........
http://www.urinalfly.com/

Bazeye
06-Jun-10, 15:55
Or use the Amsterdam urinal fly! I am sure it sticks to the side of the loo as well. Just makes you wonder wht is going on in mens brains........
http://www.urinalfly.com/

Or you could just swat it.