PDA

View Full Version : At last, an online company that is doing something about delivery up here!

kmahon2001
04-Jun-10, 17:52
I think this company deserves a collective pat on the back from all of us who've had problems with companies refusing to deliver up here or wanting to charge twice as much for delivery, as the cost of the product you're buying! -

http://www.turfandstuff.com/page.php?xPage=scottishhighlands.html

Not only will they deliver, but it's actually free. :D:D

pegasus
04-Jun-10, 19:18
Free? Unbelievable! :)

shazzy
04-Jun-10, 19:56
bout time!! I had to pay £25 to have a boat part delivered ( £10 more than it should have been),it was the wrong part so I sent it back.It cost £12.99,which was for a 48 hour delivery,(5 days faster than coming up)and with insurance.Still waiting on a reason from the supplier why it was so different!:mad:

Bazeye
04-Jun-10, 20:08
I think this company deserves a collective pat on the back from all of us who've had problems with companies refusing to deliver up here or wanting to charge twice as much for delivery, as the cost of the product you're buying! -

Grass delivered to your front door. Thank you God.

unicorn
04-Jun-10, 20:11
I was going to order a 250 ml bottle of stuff from a manufacturer but they wanted £15 for delivery so I went to ebay paid £18.47 for 2 bottles of the same stuff delivered.

Liz
04-Jun-10, 22:49
I always shop around and the most I will pay for delivery is £5 and that is for a considerable amount of products.

Most companies I use give free delivery over a certain amount.

I get so annoyed at those who charge ridiculous amounts to deliver to us. Mind you a large number of those believe we are an island and a KW postcode doesn't help.:confused

Nacho
04-Jun-10, 22:58
it's always worth phoning the company direct rather than taking the websites postage costs as gospel. computer says no, but the call centre dude/ette might see sense and waive the postage cost.

tj hughes did it for us.

livin the dream Baz... liv...in the dream !!

Geo
05-Jun-10, 10:58
Free delivery is brilliant however I can't remember the last time I had problems with delivery charges here. If you do just shop around.

Kodiak
05-Jun-10, 11:25
It is good that they are offering Free Delivery but I really have no idea when was the last time I needed to buy Grass, OH Yes I remember now, Never.

I would be more impressed if a company who sold a greater variety of goods offered free delivery.

Bazeye
05-Jun-10, 13:23
It is good that they are offering Free Delivery but I really have no idea when was the last time I needed to buy Grass

I can.............

Bazeye
05-Jun-10, 13:24
Or can I..............? Memories not what it used to be....:confused

_Ju_
05-Jun-10, 17:58
Or can I..............? Memories not what it used to be....:confused

That would be because you are not walking on the grass!:lol:

sprocketman
05-Jun-10, 22:42

have you looked at the prices ? £57 for a 2nd hand sleeper you can buy these for under £20 local in Caithness. Sutherlands wood yard Wick or Allens of Gillock, £104 per ton of top soil Could get 10 ton for this price local. [evil]

bluechesse
05-Jun-10, 23:04
have you looked at the prices ? £57 for a 2nd hand sleeper you can buy these for under £20 local in Caithness. Sutherlands wood yard Wick or Allens of Gillock, £104 per ton of top soil Could get 10 ton for this price local. [evil]

[lol][lol] No wonder the delivery is free!!

Seriousley though, im kinda unsure what all the fuss over delivery up here is. I quite often buy clothes off the net and regularly get free delivery. Royal Mail is the same price here as it is everywhere else as far as I know. And I've arranged a courier (JGC) to pick things up for me in the South of England and bring em up to Week and I've never found it that bad.
Sure, there will always be a few rogue ebay sellers out to diddle you, but thats generally because they try to use their local courier and he's trying to diddle them in turn. As stated, shop around. Or just use the Royal Mail!

Leanne
05-Jun-10, 23:14
[lol][lol] No wonder the delivery is free!!

Seriousley though, im kinda unsure what all the fuss over delivery up here is. I quite often buy clothes off the net and regularly get free delivery. Royal Mail is the same price here as it is everywhere else as far as I know. And I've arranged a courier (JGC) to pick things up for me in the South of England and bring em up to Week and I've never found it that bad.
Sure, there will always be a few rogue ebay sellers out to diddle you, but thats generally because they try to use their local courier and he's trying to diddle them in turn. As stated, shop around. Or just use the Royal Mail!

Very true. If someone won't ship with Royal Mail then I tell them they aren't having my business. We need to support RM up here (and the local delivery guys and gals) otherwise we could end up really stuck.

Mad1man
07-Jun-10, 00:08
Just bought a rug for the sitting room from a London company and delivery was free to Caithness - there are still some nice companies if, as many have said, we shop around.

BTW Rug is lovely and feet are suitable warm

locini
07-Jun-10, 01:32
"Delivery is free"

Nothing in this world is free when it comes to retailers. They are out to do one thing and that is make profit. Why would they be trading for any other reason? Do you think they pay to send your items, out of their own kindness and pockets?

The cost is merely added to the product - I really cant understand why people are sucked in by these kinds of free or give a way statments that retailers make.

I looked on the above site for some grass seed (as i do need some)

for 2kg shady grass seed its coming in at £24.04 with although free :roll:
but very long 10 day delivery!

a quick look around and i can get the same shady grass seed 2kg with 3 day delivery, all in delivered to my door for....

£13.99 thats almost 50% cheaper and i get my item in a third of the time...

ShelleyCowie
07-Jun-10, 08:56
Im the same as Liz, i will shop around and pay no more than £5 delivery. But for alot of items i use www.play.com (http://www.play.com) because their delivery is free and i usually find a bargain on there too! Infact, im surprised they havent started charging us for the amount of things we order from there.

Anyways, there is a dining table i would love from ebay that matches some livingroom furniture i have. Now the furniture i already have cost a considerable amount. But we had to pay an extra £25 to get it delivered here. And the dining table i want.....well it costs alot more and has a surcharge again. I would be willing to pay it, but i have no room for a dining table just now :lol:

If i really want something i will pay the extra to get it here

TurfAndStuff
07-Jun-10, 18:59

Hi Guys, Just found your forum thread related to our company. Some tough criticism of us here :-)

We are a young, small Scottish company "born in a storm".

Remember we are supplying (mostly) very large and very bulky items (2.5 cubic metres or 1 tonne). Bark, topsoils, lawn turf and railway sleepers. Of course the delivery isn't "Free" but it is "included" in the prices you pay. Remember that we deliver anywhere in the UK (that includes to Cape Wrath or 5 miles up a forest track in South Wales).

The royal mail aren't interested!!

The topsoil you have picked out is a great example of why we exist. This is our unique, Grass Rootzone topsoil. You can't get that locally, in fact since it was ourselves that developed it, you can't get it anywhere else.

You would struggle to even find the ingredients:

40% 3mm graded PAS100 compost
40% USGA grade sand
20% Bark fines + a few secret organic fertilisers ;-)

This product is 50% bulkier than topsoil and is a dream to shovel and level. It is sterile of weed seeds and has no clay content. Your grass seed or turf will develop fast with no need to fertilise EVER again (as far as we know, so far in our ongoing trials). It will stay clear of moss, compaction and drought. I don't think comparing that to some dodgy, uncertified topsoil is fair!!

We know we aren't the cheapest around but if you consider these points we think we offer value for money:

Quality so high we offer a No Quibble, Money Back Guarantee on everything.
Secure online ordering with payment by any means including Amex and Paypal.
a Freephone order and enquiries line staffed by knowledgable, caring guys.
All products are stocked: Try phoning a sawmill to get half a dozen 4ft sleepers!!
We stock products that are difficult or impossible to source locally (see our spent mushroom compost for example)

We are always open to suggestion and comment, so much so that we have an open Facebook page at www.facebook.com/turfandstuff There we now have customers posting comments and photos our products in action.

We have taken onboard many of the comments we have seen here and will bear them in mind in the future.

Cheers for now

Turfandstuff

Mall67
07-Jun-10, 19:17
[quote=TurfAndStuff;718652]Hi Guys, Just found your forum thread related to our company. Some tough criticism of us here :-)quote]

This is Caithness ( The holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show ) your on about here. Just have a browse round this website and you will see that if you put something up for sale it turns into a 10 page slagging match.

Watch this space, the bait is set.