PDA

View Full Version : Sand side beach

Rictina
03-Jun-10, 21:30
Just come back from a walk on Sandside beach, I was quite suprised to see the warning signs about not taking back any shells etc..

Does anyone know why there were no sea birds or Wildlife ? Or is just me being a numpty [lol]

Stunning beach anyways, LOL...

sids
03-Jun-10, 21:38
Seabirds come and go. There isn't usually all that much other wildlife on the beaches.

There's no excuse for those b ug gers getting bits of old fuel washed up, but realistically there isn't much for a walker or beachcomber to worry about.

dragonfly
03-Jun-10, 22:03
just missed you then Rictina, me and hubby were out there this evening as I was taking photos of a clients dog

Rictina
03-Jun-10, 22:10
just missed you then Rictina, me and hubby were out there this evening as I was taking photos of a clients dog

Oh what a shame, it's been a lovely evening hey. Hope you got some fab shots. :)

Geo
04-Jun-10, 00:47
Just come back from a walk on Sandside beach, I was quite suprised to see the warning signs about not taking back any shells etc..

I don't know much about radioactivity other than what I learned in school and have read/seen on TV. The signs though seem common sense to me and give people a choice of whether to use the beach or not.

Boozeburglar
04-Jun-10, 03:17
With so many other great beaches to choose from, I would find it hard to see any reason to use this beach.

ywindythesecond
04-Jun-10, 07:21

Does anyone know why there were no sea birds or Wildlife ? Or is just me being a numpty [lol]

Stunning beach anyways, LOL...

It was the latter Rictina.

sids
04-Jun-10, 07:44
I would find it hard to see any reason to use this beach.

I can see a reason:

It's a nice beach.

Kenn
04-Jun-10, 08:15
There are usually several species of bird present so it surprises me that you did not see any and yes, it is a lovely beach.
I am surprised that you did not know about the notices as they have been there for many years despite which, the beach is well used by walkers and surfers.