PDA

View Full Version : What did you do with this lovely day?

mrlennie
03-Jun-10, 18:29
I spent it inside...But my lunch outside was brilliant.

The sun really brought a smile to my face.

Did anyone make more of this day than I?

upolian
03-Jun-10, 18:37
nothing more exciting than work:cool:

squidge
03-Jun-10, 18:39
Pickedmy car up after its new clutch and then went for a drive til the wee ones fell asleep and i could marvel in the new feel of my old bus

Rictina
03-Jun-10, 18:43
I did a wee bit of shopping in Thurso & then back home for the afternoon. Its certainly been a good drying day for the washing [lol]

sandyr1
03-Jun-10, 18:45
Took in the sun/ golf a bit later & then a Pint.

mrlennie
03-Jun-10, 18:48
I did a wee bit of shopping in Thurso & then back home for the afternoon. Its certainly been a good drying day for the washing [lol]

That's were I've been all day its been great weather anyone know what its been like in wick?

georgegwf
03-Jun-10, 18:51
Sadly I was forced to work outside 90 miles off the Norfolk coast with 28 Degrees, blue skies, very light southerly breeze and not a ripple on the water :D

macbreeza
03-Jun-10, 19:31
Spent the day indoors in Thurso at work, but have just returned from a run up the riverside in Wick which was ace its a lovely night here :D

Alice in Blunderland
03-Jun-10, 19:32
Spent the morning listening to a presentation regarding the sites for a new Wick High.:D

The afternoon watching sports day for the younger kids :D

brandy
03-Jun-10, 20:01
spent the afternoon and evening outside! been digging in the garden all day! have dug up mummys corner and planted it! so well chuffed! have dug up and planted a border of ivy and roses and planted all my seedlings in pots! so very tired but happy!
tomorrow is another day of digging if weather holds.. i have a border to dig and also blackberries and pumpkins to plant. also have to save my strawberries from weeds and slugs!

Dadie
03-Jun-10, 20:32
Paddling pool and water pistol fights in the garden after Nursery school and mother and toddlers!
Heaps of washing done.
Now for beer or wine....choices...choices:lol:

.....while I look at all the ironing created by all that washing :(

donnick
03-Jun-10, 20:45
well i woke up to having a nice lie in ,took the husband out shopping which he enjoy :lol: then went for lunch at the pavilion in Thurso yummy came home to lie in the garden in the glorious sunshine :cool: then took the horse out for a ride and finished the day with making a raspberry cheese cake to which i will sample later yummy ;) HAPPY TIMES

Tugmistress
03-Jun-10, 22:24
had a nice lie in for my day off, went and itemised stuff in the garage, went to see accountant friend and got coffee outside, went through to wick and back, got home and had coffee, daughter came home from work and showered and picked her friends up then we all had a bbq and now sat on the org thinking i ought to go to bed as i got work in the morning - great day :D

wicker8
03-Jun-10, 22:34
relaxed in the sun then had a bbq at my daughters lovely day :Razz

miss swanson
03-Jun-10, 23:03
i went a walk down town in the morning then took a drive upto melvich beach with my daughter it was her first time on the beach n she loved it :D

Sandra_B
04-Jun-10, 08:34
Got sunburned at Miller Academy sports day!

nightowl
04-Jun-10, 09:08
Brandy, I did weed my strawberries yesterday, and despite a long soak in a hot bath last night, I'm suffering this morning. Funny there must be certain muscles only used for weeding[lol]. So far looks like another lovely day. Raspberries next. Where's the Radox!

bobbyjoeufb
04-Jun-10, 10:09
I spent the morning polishing my car and the afternoon zipping about on my boat and evening in the pub!

trix
04-Jun-10, 11:02
i hed a magic day yesterday, went for lunch wi' ma pal til spoons, then efter i recycled all ma bottles we went oot til sandigoe beach, messed aroond gurnigoe an sinclair castle for a while. went til noss heid, hung aboot 'e cliffs for a while, watchin 'e birdies.
then we came home, ditched a car, hed a few beers - few smokes. then went for a curry, then til spoons an ended up in 'e camps.

iv choost woken up in ma beid, fully dressed :lol: ready til rock an roll again ;) (efter ma shower obviously)

think il go til reiss an catch sum rays for a while. wis goin til hev a denner party later but mite hev a bbq instead :cool:

horseman
04-Jun-10, 11:14
That sounds like a fab. day trix, all those places you mentioned I lived at them when I was a kid, took the kids to visit the magnificent cliffs at noss--an damm well near on fell over with youngest son-Adam in my arms:(:( idjit.But great fun.

trix
04-Jun-10, 11:38
it wis a fab day horsy, wis planin maybe whaligoe steps aday....or sarclet bay even.
somewhere cool. scorries island wid be guid. anywhere there isna many people :lol:

trix
04-Jun-10, 11:41
its a peety ye cana get in til 'e castles anymore.
div ye mind runnin aboot 'e place before? i mind bein in 'e dungeons an seein lots o' scratchins an carvin's on 'e walls. wis a really cool place til go when ye wis a bairn :cool: