PDA

View Full Version : Video on Demand from SKY---

Kodiak
02-Jun-10, 20:42
The new service, which will be available to all SKY HD subscribers free of charge, will offer over 500 movies and a hundreds of hours of programmes through the company's Sky HD box and electronic programming guide (EPG) interface.

There is a Catch though...........If you want to sign up for this new service you MUST switch to SKY's Broadband Service.

They say that they hope to offer support for other ISP's in the future, but at launch the service will only be available to Sky Broadband customers"

Well I think the idea of Video on Demand is a Good Idea but there is no way I will be changing my ISP so I will have to wait until they make this service to all ISP's.

Here is a Link if you wish to read more about this service :-

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/33434/sky-anytime-plus-video-on-demand

Boozeburglar
02-Jun-10, 20:47
Can't be worse than BT Vision.

The content on BT Vision is crap, and next to none of it is not available through iPlayer, Ch4oD and all that.

:)

telfordstar
02-Jun-10, 22:17
Oh I cana wait!! sky HD-check, sky broadbamd-check, im sorted lol

Moonboots
03-Jun-10, 08:36
I think this is a good thing however Sky are not using their technology to their advances..
They have the technology to provide video on demand by satellite so why use it by broadband!!!!!

No long waiting times for downloads... And the programmes can be shown in HD too...

This just maybe looks like a con from sky to take their own broadband service at the moment... And then the other ISP's could wait for ages before Sky update their systems to accept them..