PDA

View Full Version : fish for sale!!

dbooth82
02-Jun-10, 19:49
i bought a tropical fish tank with a few small fish in it but went to pets at home and tried to buy fish from them and all i got was a half an hour lesson on how to keep fish,do's and donts! all i wanted was to buy some fish and now i gotta take a water sample in!! what a pain! does any1 have any fish for sale?? if so pm me thanks!! has to be in the wick area!

K.B
02-Jun-10, 20:36
Dont have fish for sale but to be honest we have bought alot from pets at home and after the pep talk the poor wee things never last long anyways
wat kind of fish are yoo looking for?

dbooth82
02-Jun-10, 20:41
hi nothing in particular,anything considered! yeah everythin is always contaminated in there! dont fancy buyin any fish from them!

K.B
02-Jun-10, 20:44
We have been keeping fish for years we have oscars..peacock bass (huge things lol)we buy some of the internet some say its cruel to post them but they are posted in bags with water...heat pads...and in a poly box might be worth looking on the net,we have had some crackers home!:D

dbooth82
02-Jun-10, 20:47
thanks for the advice i mite just do that! you have been very helpful! cheers K.B :D

K.B
02-Jun-10, 20:49
Try www.discountfish.co.uk (http://www.discountfish.co.uk) they have so much to choose from hop eyou get on ok keep us updated on how u get on!
no probs!:D

dbooth82
02-Jun-10, 20:50
thank u!:D

dbooth82
02-Jun-10, 20:58
wow what lovely fish on that site! thanks again!:D

K.B
02-Jun-10, 21:40
:D No probs at all happy 2 help!
If you plan any make sure you order start of week as they only deliver mon-fri we got caught out once with that and unfortunately lost them but we learn from our mistakes so id say 2 be on the safe side order no later than a wednesday!
hope this helps too ;)

Dadie
02-Jun-10, 22:22
You will have to do some research before buying!
You dont want 1 of your nice new fishes to eat the others or harrass them to death nipping fins etc!
And not all tropical fish like the same water conditions!

K.B
03-Jun-10, 10:32
yeah thats right about water conditions and the water up here has higher ph balance in it
our big guys harass each other n fight, wee ones r e same 2!they are like kids they either get on great or fight like cat n dog lol

neepnipper
03-Jun-10, 11:11
Try www.discountfish.co.uk (http://www.discountfish.co.uk) they have so much to choose from hop eyou get on ok keep us updated on how u get on!
no probs!:D

I think this site is totally irresponsible, it doesn't tell you any information about the fish ie. what water conditions they need, how big they grow, how compatable they are with other fish, it gives absolutely no advice. For example they have plecs for sale but it doesn't tell you they grow to 48cm and they will grow quite quickly, say you purchased one for your 30 litre tank, that fish alone will need 48 litres of water when adult.

Malawi cichlids need high ph, you can't just chuck them in with any old fish.

Bad, bad site unless you already have a thorough knowledge of fish keeping.

bustergirl
03-Jun-10, 14:02
aww what cute fish on that site but unfortunatly we arnt aloude any more:lol:

K.B
03-Jun-10, 21:14
I think this site is totally irresponsible, it doesn't tell you any information about the fish ie. what water conditions they need, how big they grow, how compatable they are with other fish, it gives absolutely no advice. For example they have plecs for sale but it doesn't tell you they grow to 48cm and they will grow quite quickly, say you purchased one for your 30 litre tank, that fish alone will need 48 litres of water when adult.

Malawi cichlids need high ph, you can't just chuck them in with any old fish.

Bad, bad site unless you already have a thorough knowledge of fish keeping.

well obviously keeping fish you have to have knowledge of fishkeeping...a person ordering fish would have to do there homework on it before they buy.
half the time pets at home dont know what kind of fish they are selling let alone how to look after them!
thought this forum was for advice and help??