PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage to Rent

kriklah
02-Jun-10, 16:45
has anyone done this via the Scottish Govenment MTR scheme, selling their home to SG and renting back? am looking for some insight as this is probably my last avenue of hope before losing my home, having been landed in a situation outwith my control.

ducati
02-Jun-10, 18:44
I really feel for you. I would go for this if it is at all possible in your circumstances rather than a private scheme. At least you know who your landlord will be.

Rictina
02-Jun-10, 19:53
I'm sorry to hear this, & if this is your only option then I say go for it.

I wish you all the best.

EDDIE
02-Jun-10, 21:49
with private leased accomadation its very expensive and its not secure they could terminate your lease anytime after the 6months ideally council would be be best if u can get it failing that i would say that scheme would be better then nothing.
Have you got a spare room you could let out to help pay the bills or depending on your circumstances what about leasing out your own home and renting a smaller property until your back on your feet.
As matter of interest if you sell them your home will the rent be as expensive as a private leased house or would the rent be the same as a council tennent?
The thing as well if your in private leased property you have to get on with your landlord and be careful how you deal with them thats the downside with it were if you are with a proper housing assocation you have more tennant rights and your not walking on eggshells with the landlord if u know what i mean?

series2A
02-Jun-10, 22:15
Not knowing your circumstances I think Eddie has a good idea about letting out room if thats posible.

Thumper
03-Jun-10, 07:39
As far as i am aware,and unless things have changed a lot,the mortgage to rent scheme doesnt allow private landlords as such,they use housing associations,councils etc,so theyre shouldnt be any worry about only getting to stay for 6 months after you sel(if you do) anyway i have sent you a PM about some of the other facts,I wish you well with it x