PDA

View Full Version : Found Dog

mop top
02-Jun-10, 14:27
Staffy x possibly collie or lurcher was found by a member of public today it followed her home from Liddles area to shilling hill area (so may well be from that area) It is male aprox 2 years old and in good condition he was not wearing a collar so I am unable to trace an owner. He is white with brown brindled patches on him. If you have lost him or know someone who may have please contact the dog warden on 01955 607737 or 607735.

cheers

Anne

mop top
03-Jun-10, 20:26
Just bumping this back to the top! Sure someone must be missing this boy, he is probably only about 18 months old. now that his personality is showing through is lovely dog. Just cant believe that no-one has claimed him, he seems to be pining for his family so has obviously been loved at some point. Wish i was a bit more technical and could post pics but unfortunately unless it has 4 legs and a tail i am useless lol:lol:

carasmam
03-Jun-10, 20:53
If you still have my email address send them to me and I'll put them on for you :D

carasmam
04-Jun-10, 12:56
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/cara21_2006/dog001.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/cara21_2006/dog002.jpg

I had the pleasure of meeting him today quickly and what a lovely friendly dog. He was absolutely brilliant with my little girl, lets hope he is claimed or finds a lovely home soon :D

mop top
10-Jun-10, 10:00
Just an update on Buster sadly no owner ever came forward to claim him or even reported him missing:~(

The good news is that he was officially adopted yesterday and has gone to a new family to live his new sister a labrador who he absolutely adores. :Razz

teenybash
10-Jun-10, 12:03
Just an update on Buster sadly no owner ever came forward to claim him or even reported him missing:~(

The good news is that he was officially adopted yesterday and has gone to a new family to live his new sister a labrador who he absolutely adores. :Razz

Really surprised no one claimed this beautiful doggy........Lovely to hear he has found a home where he will be loved......Another happy ending...:)

Liz
10-Jun-10, 13:06
I just cannot understand why someone can just abandon a dog?!![evil]

So glad to hear that he has a lovely new home. Thanks for letting us know Mop top.:D

dbooth82
18-Jun-10, 10:54
moptop i have to say your are the best person in every way,youve got the biggest heart for all the strays,and put a big smile on their lovely faces,i love the work you do every day to help the strays in every way,even when they got a sad face,your magic works every day ,am glad youve got for them some where to stay ,,but the thing is ppl ,i heard some times it gets tough so please people help moptop and the strays shel be glad of a tin or 2 ,or any donations,or even a lovely bed to sleep in.... so thank you moptop for all that you do and hopefully we all can help you to :D:D:Razz

Liz
18-Jun-10, 12:48
moptop i have to say your are the best person in every way,youve got the biggest heart for all the strays,and put a big smile on their lovely faces,i love the work you do every day to help the strays in every way,even when they got a sad face,your magic works every day ,am glad youve got for them some where to stay ,,but the thing is ppl ,i heard some times it gets tough so please people help moptop and the strays shel be glad of a tin or 2 ,or any donations,or even a lovely bed to sleep in.... so thank you moptop for all that you do and hopefully we all can help you to :D:D:Razz

Well said and completely agree with you.

It would be great if we could all help moptop in some small way as she is doing a great job.

jings00
18-Jun-10, 13:19
Yeh, agree with that too......what a great lookin dog too.
i'd be frantic if my dog went missing

Stefan
18-Jun-10, 13:29
Well, the dog may have not been local, we do have our fair share of tourists coming through...

mop top
18-Jun-10, 21:46
oh heck i am all embraced lol :lol:

Thanks for all your nice words what i do is nothing. i am really lucky to have a job that i would actually do for free (dont tell the HC tho with all the cut backs they would probably take me up on it) lol

Was wondering about the possibility of holding a wee novelty dog show or something to raise funds for strays, to help with neutering if necessary, to improve chances of rehoming.

I am well aware that we are not a charity, this has been pointed out to my bosses from people who are actually employed by charitable organisations. however i have been looking into maybe setting up some kind of benevolent fund and taken advice from CVG so maybe time has come for anyone interested in helping, to get in touch and we can see what we can come up with. obviously i would be doing this in my own time so it will not be the council that is benefitting only the dogs whose time were up. The council only have a responsibility for the statutory 7 days, after that legislation states that they are able to sell, give away or pts any dog:(. Everyone who knows me knows that will never happen if it is a healthy dog with no agressive tendencies.

I would have no requirement to raise huge sums of money but it may be handy to have a wee pot just for emergencies. Open to suggestions and any help or advice gratefully recieved.

cheers anne

Leanne
18-Jun-10, 22:00
I'm up for it!

How about dog racing along the beach somewhere? We could tape a racetrack off, fudge together a lure and have mini races (dogs to be muzzled of course during the race). There could be a charge for entry fees per dog and have heats to qualify for the semi-finals and finals with a small prize going to first and the runner up. There could even be split classes - toys, pointies, stubbies and veterans. We could have a 'photographer' (anyone with a decent camera) and sell pics for a nominal charge. We could also set up a BBQ and cake stall and sell food too...

When I used to go to charity events for Lurcher Link we used to have fun race days once a month and they used to raise a decent amount of money - not to mention be loads of fun for owners and dogs! It is the only thing about 'south of the border' that I miss.

Little 'uns

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/IMG_0916.jpg

Pointies

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/IMG_0903.jpg

Stubbies

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/IMG_0918.jpg

aurora32
18-Jun-10, 22:09
Sent you a PM Anne :)

mop top
18-Jun-10, 22:48
Like that idea leanne. but my lurcher Harry is wondering if there could be a veteran class lol:lol: he is 11 now so is worried about losing face to some of the younger lurchers!

We would need to look into the legalities of something like that though not sure about insurance etc that would be required. does anyone on here know about requirements for organising a doggy event?

anne

shazzy
18-Jun-10, 23:05
what a great idea!!! Count me in !:D

bustergirl
19-Jun-10, 09:40
count me in to :) i would love to help in any way

dbooth82
19-Jun-10, 12:07
how about a door to door raffle they could win a cuddley dog ,:D sponcered dog walks , fun day at your kennels to show people what your are all about, joining up with schools for fun days with them with your own stalls and things, ,posters in shops for people to be aware that your are here in wick and helping strays, donations or any thing would help ,dawn:D:D

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 12:36
Totally agree with you on the above, need to make what Moptop does more publically known, maybe a web page to enlighten people of what she does etc, why not organise something for up and coming gala i.e stall with raffles info pack etc :) Id already suggested a rehomed dogs calendar or xmas cards all that would be needed would be a nice photographer to donate some time to help with piccies :)

Leanne
19-Jun-10, 12:38
Totally agree with you on the above, need to make what Moptop does more publically known, maybe a web page to enlighten people of what she does etc, why not organise something for up and coming gala i.e stall with raffles info pack etc :) Id already suggested a rehomed dogs calendar or xmas cards all that would be needed would be a nice photographer to donate some time to help with piccies :)

I could donate a page on my website - I'd do all the support for it and offer an email address too. It could be something like lostdog@wickblog.co.uk

bustergirl
19-Jun-10, 12:41
why dont you do a sposored dog walk or do a float for the gala and get some people to help i could help out if you want

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 13:21
why dont you do a sposored dog walk or do a float for the gala and get some people to help i could help out if you want
Thats a really good idea, see what Moptop says :)

bustergirl
19-Jun-10, 13:24
ok:)i think it will be a good fun thing to do

Fstevens
19-Jun-10, 13:35
Hi Anne.
I am in, will do anything to help, can help with fostering, will raise money at car boot and give the dogs what I get, you name it if it is poosible, I will do it.
I will help to bath groom, what ever.
Regards Fay:):):)

bustergirl
19-Jun-10, 13:38
i could help foster 2:)and do some fund raising things

Fstevens
19-Jun-10, 13:39
Hi, We could have a dog day to raise money, stalls etc, maybe at the Bower Green, so anyone who has stuff to sell and is willing to give the money to the dogs, and have a great day out ,:):)bring you dogs, eat drink TEA?COFFEE of course and be merry while doing something so worth while. Fay

bustergirl
19-Jun-10, 13:42
what a good idea Fstevens that could sure raise monny and also a fun thing to do

Leanne
19-Jun-10, 14:33
Hi, We could have a dog day to raise money, stalls etc, maybe at the Bower Green, so anyone who has stuff to sell and is willing to give the money to the dogs, and have a great day out ,:):)bring you dogs, eat drink TEA?COFFEE of course and be merry while doing something so worth while. Fay

Good idea! I'll donate some baking...

Leanne
19-Jun-10, 15:09
I could donate 6 free eggs a week for a year as a raffle prize. Free range and if the winner wanted they could collect their own (kids would love this).

Edit - any chance the mods could split this thread off?

dbooth82
19-Jun-10, 16:16
i think the thread should be left as it is as its got a beautiful staffie x in need of rehomin!

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 16:18
was thinking the same thing too, get it its own thread and hopefully more people will have a look and get involved, Anne is only one person and needs all of us animal lovers help :)

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 16:21
i think the thread should be left as it is as its got a beautiful staffie x in need of rehomin!

We are not trying to take away from the gorgeous staffy, who i think has now actually got a new home, just trying to get more people involved with helping out Moptop with what she does so well and most of the time voluntarily :) In the hope more dogs will find loving homes quicker as she can get them neutered etc :)

dbooth82
19-Jun-10, 16:36
hi he did have a home but was givin back to mop top after 3 days as the landlord of the person who took him says no dogs so he still needs a home! i agree with the helpin out as thats why i started this thread to help out mop top and the dogs as i no she is strugglin with things and could do with a helpin hand but stil think it should stay upon this thread as we are tryin to support dogs in need and there is 1 in need at the moment!

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 16:43
Awww what a shame poor lad wont know whether he is coming or going, hope he finds a nice, new forever home soon.

bustergirl
19-Jun-10, 17:17
could you empty you inbox moptop thank you

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 18:10
Any ideas welcome or please come along.
Link below takes you to the details :)

thanks

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=112291

unicorn
19-Jun-10, 20:58
Count me in for any help :D

aurora32
19-Jun-10, 23:00
I could donate a page on my website - I'd do all the support for it and offer an email address too. It could be something like lostdog@wickblog.co.uk

Sounds good Leanne :)

aurora32
21-Jun-10, 11:47
Would any of you that posted on the tread be interested in coming to the meeting in Spoons on Wednesday @ 7pm, its to discuss fund raising ideas, put stratergies into place, form a committee and to decide on a name for the organisation. Anne know about it and will be attending im just trying to organise the meet....:)

Hope some of you can come along and support this worthwhile cause.

A list of names would be good so we can have an idea of numbers, many thanks in advance.

teenybash
21-Jun-10, 20:03
I would love to have come, but unfortunately having to work.....would love to be involved......:)

ravenblueice
21-Jun-10, 20:21
Like that idea leanne. but my lurcher Harry is wondering if there could be a veteran class lol:lol: he is 11 now so is worried about losing face to some of the younger lurchers!

We would need to look into the legalities of something like that though not sure about insurance etc that would be required. does anyone on here know about requirements for organising a doggy event?

anne

The Thurso Ornithological Society (hope I remember the name right) has a mini dog show as part of their annual show maybe they would know......?

aurora32
21-Jun-10, 22:07
Hi Teenybash,

No problems with not being able to attend, anything you would like to do to help will be more than appreciated, we will take minutes of meeting so what was discussed can be shown to those who cant be there but want to be involved.

regards

claire

mr data
23-Jun-10, 20:32
A happy ending! The dog is re-homed. I recognised him when I saw his picture last night and was convinced he was the dog I had to give away last year; he was. I regretted giving him up immediately and was going to keep an eye on him but two months later the house was empty and that was it till yesterday. My circumstances have improved and he`s back with his family. For those people who wonder how people can abandon dogs; a small bit of detective work and it didn`t take Poirot to work out that the member of the public that "found" the dog was the same feckless slapper that I`d given it to last year. [evil] ;) :D

unicorn
23-Jun-10, 20:49
If this is true I really do hope she is prosecuted for abandonment [evil]
It may make others think twice if she gets a hefty fine.

mr data
23-Jun-10, 21:56
It is true and could be proved but she`s already moved "down the line" which I`m told means south so apart from providing a motive, good riddance to bad rubbish. :D

mop top
23-Jun-10, 21:58
Delighted to say that Buster is back with his mum, dad and brother and sister. Power of the org again:D his original owner spotted his photo on here and pm'd me last night we met up today and buster was indeed his dog. However when we tried to visit the person who phoned me up to say they had found a dog on the 2nd of June surprise surprise they are no longer at this address and have apparently moved away. Obviously they did not want to take the dog with them and dumping him on the council as a stray was the easy option[evil] As much details as i can put together will be passed to the SSPCA so that they can hopefully do what Unicorn suggests and serve an abandonment fine on this person i for one would be willing to go to court and testify if it meant these scumbags could be brought to justice.

Still a great result that Buster is back where he belongs

aurora32
23-Jun-10, 23:11
Awww so glad Buster is back where he belongs, well done to all involved, and i hope the SSPCA do get said person that dumped him and prosecute accordingly. People like that deserve all they get.

teenybash
23-Jun-10, 23:47
Happy for buster that he is back where he belongs.....he is a beautiful looking dog and certainly very special......Happy days Buster.:)

Fran
24-Jun-10, 01:02
sorry I missed your meeting, I would like to have attended but have only just read the thread.
How about a prize bingo? I would do it for you free, all you would need is the prizes and I am sure plenty of people would donate these to you. you can make £800 at a prize bingo, and of course, as it is for animals, more people would attend!
Good ;luck.

dbooth82
27-Jun-10, 16:32
happy for tha dog thats great news ,and bingo count me in :D

carasmam
29-Jun-10, 17:02
Oh my goodness, I was off my hols and missed all this :eek:
Hope the slapper gets what is coming and I'm so delighted he has been reunited with his real family.

I'll do what I can to help DOWG as well, sorry I missed the meeting.

dbooth82
07-Jul-10, 19:45
ive been to tha kennels and is lovely and the dogs are well looked after ,well done mop top your a star ,hope to see you soon :D