PDA

View Full Version : Help E.S.A tribunal

stan770
02-Jun-10, 10:56
I desperately need some help to find someone who can help my daughter at her E.S.A tribunal,she has had her appeal adjourned as she did not have the correct paperwork....we had tried C.A.B they had been unable to provide help and still cannot(heavy caseload etc)we cannot find out who else can represent her without having to pay a solicitor.Has any one out there been to a tribunal and had any representation from anywhere other than C.A.B.
Apparently all the people before my daughter had representation,it wasn't from Alan Turner the Welfare rights Officer for Caithness....so who was it? If anyone out there could give us any advice we would be very grateful, we feel like we are banging our heads against a brick wall.

davem
02-Jun-10, 11:06
http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-appeals

Hi Stan
Found this which claims to be trustworthy and competent.
Might be worth checking with welfare rights that they are good.
I've read one or two of their forum advice bits and they seem OK.
Good luck
Dave

Angela
02-Jun-10, 11:18
Dave is right, Stan, Benefits and Work is an excellent site and you can get very sound advice and support there. :)

You may find the advice you need without posting your own problem.

To post on the forum I think you would have to join B&W and there is an annual fee. I joined and I found it well worth every penny - as much for the support and feeling that you are not alone when things are really desperate, as well as for the useful info and the helpful guides they publish.

Good luck! :)

Liz
02-Jun-10, 13:02
Thanks a lot for Dave for the link. I have never heard of them but have joined following Angela's recommendation. Thanks Angela!:D
Did you subscribe every year?

mrlennie
02-Jun-10, 13:11
When my partner had to go through all this she was helped by a social worker at pultney town peoples project they were great.

Liz
02-Jun-10, 13:12
When my partner had to go through all this she was helped by a social worker at pultney town peoples project they were great.

I take it they only help people in the pultney area though?

mrlennie
02-Jun-10, 13:16
Thats what I was thinking but they are quite laid back and if you went to them and said you need help I can see them turning you away..In fact I remember she had appointments with people all over the place including thurso

Liz
02-Jun-10, 13:36
Oh I see. That's handy to know thanks.:D

Still hoping for a lottery win so I can come off benefits!:lol:

mrlennie
02-Jun-10, 13:59
Haha coming off benefits would be the last thing on your mind i think!

Liz
02-Jun-10, 14:18
You're probably right there!:lol:

Angela
02-Jun-10, 15:05
Thanks a lot for Dave for the link. I have never heard of them but have joined following Angela's recommendation. Thanks Angela!:D
Did you subscribe every year?

Hi Liz :)

Yes, it's an annual subscription if you want to post on the forum and to access some of their guides. But the site's well worth a look anyway.

Angela x

stan770
03-Jun-10, 19:25
thks for all help:)

Liz
03-Jun-10, 19:50
Good luck to your daughter.

I absolutely dread having to go for the new medical as it just seems to be tailor made to get as many people off benefits as possible even if they aren't fit to work.:confused