PDA

View Full Version : petrol price wick

kirkhill
22-May-04, 14:22
is this the cheap price of petrol and deisel in caithness 86.5 per litre both petrol and deisel at elm tree filling station wick this afternoon. :D

kirkhill
22-May-04, 14:35
i got the prices wrong it should be deisel and unleaded both 85.6 ppl [evil]

Stacker
23-May-04, 00:31
Newcastle 89.5p per litre, so don't moan toooo much

Riffman
24-May-04, 15:09
Well the price in South Road wick is 83 per litre, bout the best you will get in wick, thats for unleaded.

mysophales
24-May-04, 17:08
Hasn't been 83p/litre for over a week
now 86p/litre

Riffman
24-May-04, 19:38
yeah... i hadn't noticed, just checked it is actually 86p as you said. :D

Oh, well looks like i'm gonna have to ration my petrol use....

XR2
25-May-04, 13:02
Why is petrol cheaper in Wick than Thurso? A while ago it was the other way around. How can there be a price difference when the towns are 20odd miles apart? Unleaded in Thurso is 87.9p/l at all petrol stations as far as I can see. What are Richards and Dunnets charging in Wick?

kirkhill
25-May-04, 16:42
prices at all the shell filling stations in wick and thurso should be the same as all the fuel comes from inverness.
it is up to the site owners to set there prices some are more greedy than others.
it is strange how the prices in thurso all change at the same time. :eyes

mysophales
25-May-04, 18:25
The garage owners all meet and decide on the price [disgust]
there is no reason that petrol prices in Wick/Thurso
should be any higher than the prices in Inverness. [mad]

George Brims
25-May-04, 20:22
Mysophales wrote:
The garage owners all meet and decide on the price.

I seriously doubt they do, as I'm pretty sure that would be illegal price-fixing.

Naefearjustbeer
25-May-04, 20:38
Mysophales wrote:
The garage owners all meet and decide on the price.

I seriously doubt they do, as I'm pretty sure that would be illegal price-fixing.

Did you not read the report in the Groat about the unfair dismissal at the lochshell filling sation. The owner of another garage(competitor) Arrived at the garage to increase the prices because the employee refused as he had a wedding to go to and did not have time. I cannot remember the exact details but it went along the lines of the owners of the 2 garages had been discussing the price increase and when the guy working at lochshell didnt do it the competitor arrived to do it........

Smells like price fixing to me..

neild
26-May-04, 11:51
the price of petrol in wick is the same price as brora and golspie area and possibly further down aswell,i have no idea why thurso has to be more expensive.

XR2
26-May-04, 12:52
So are both dunnets and richards cheaper in wick than they are in thurso then?

If so how can they get away with that?

kirkhill
26-May-04, 18:34
Both Dunnets and Richards are cheaper in Wick than Thurso.
I beleive this is so because a couple of petrol site owners in Wick will not follow the others in there pricing policy of all being the same. :o)

JAWS
26-May-04, 23:27
It won't change until there is a Supermarket with it's own petrol station attached.

However, that will never happen as some excuse will be invented to refuse planning permission.

There are too many wheels within wheels for that to happen.

I wish I could find somebody to scratch my back but I have nothing to offer!