PDA

View Full Version : Will England win the World Cup?

Anfield
02-Jun-10, 10:53
They have a reasonably easy group and, if results go the way of favourites they may face Ghana (without Michael Essien) and France
I will stick my neck out and say semi-finals at least.

NickInTheNorth
02-Jun-10, 12:04
better question would be who cares who wins :D

Mall67
02-Jun-10, 14:52
Highly unlikely with the team that was selected.
Rooney and Lampard will get hacked off the park, who else can score from open play?

QF at best, but the sooner they are out the better.

Anfield
03-Jun-10, 12:05
Highly unlikely with the team that was selected.
Rooney and Lampard will get hacked off the park, who else can score from open play?

QF at best, but the sooner they are out the better.

I think Rooney will kick/elbow/punch more people than the other way round.
His problem will be staying on pitch without receiving a red card.

Penalty kicks aside, Lampard has impressed me this season and if pundits are correct in saying that he cannot play with Gerard, then I hope it is Gerrard who is dropped.
This will keep him fresh for Liverpool next season (if he is still with us)

sharona
03-Jun-10, 22:20
nine days to go come on england we,ll go all the way

Amy-Winehouse
07-Jun-10, 23:42
They have a reasonably easy group and, if results go the way of favourites they may face Ghana (without Michael Essien) and France

No, they should be semi final possibly final but either Spain, Brazil or Argentina are better sides imo & will take care of them.

If England had Cappello 4 years ago I think they wouldve won in Germany, they had a good team & a half decent goalie , this must be the first time Ive ever been able to say Scotlands keeper Gordon is better than anyone England have :D But the rest o the team lack .

At least defoe is going, why on earth did sven no take him last time ??? It cost them, whereas Theo Walcott wont

Julia
08-Jun-10, 08:49
In a word, NO!

Or lets hope not, they are still going on about 1966 :roll:

ducati
08-Jun-10, 11:05
In a word, NO!

England are still going on about 1966?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=109699

louise511
08-Jun-10, 15:48
Come on England :)

Amy-Winehouse
09-Jun-10, 22:45
Come on England :)

Away An boil yer heid

Anfield
10-Jun-10, 14:45
In a word, NO!

And Scotlands achievements since football began are?

riggerboy
10-Jun-10, 15:13

being the first team to beat the world cup winners in 1966 on their home ground, also to be the team to beat england at wembley just before they closed it, if i mind right the last match to be played was to be between scotland and england but as the english lost they had another game with a team that would not win, imagine the horror of closing wembley down being the host and being the losing team,

o and another thing scotlands football fans are probably the most loved in the world whilst englands fans lie about where in the world "yip last"

Amy-Winehouse
10-Jun-10, 15:43

A Scottish team won the European Cup before any English team,
A certain scottish Manager has won more trophies in England than any English Manager .
We gave you Shankly, Sir Matt, Fergie , Dalglish , Souness, Hansen , Mackay , George Graham.

Incidently the last English manager to win the top division was Wilkinson back in 1992 , How many has Fergie won since then ???

Amy-Winehouse
10-Jun-10, 15:44
being the first team to beat the world cup winners in 1966 on their home ground, also to be the team to beat england at wembley just before they closed it, if i mind right the last match to be played was to be between scotland and england but as the english lost they had another game with a team that would not win, imagine the horror of closing wembley down being the host and being the losing team,

o and another thing scotlands football fans are probably the most loved in the world whilst englands fans lie about where in the world "yip last"

Aye they took the Germans over & they buried the England 1-0 . Thanks didi Hamman :D

equusdriving
23-Jun-10, 23:54
A Scottish team won the European Cup before any English team,
A certain scottish Manager has won more trophies in England than any English Manager .
We gave you Shankly, Sir Matt, Fergie , Dalglish , Souness, Hansen , Mackay , George Graham.

Incidently the last English manager to win the top division was Wilkinson back in 1992 , How many has Fergie won since then ???

Wow what a list of achievments:lol:.................................. ........................ not really anything to do with the international football team though????or indeed Scottish players ????? but if there was a World Cup for the success of Managers you might qualify :lol: But remember whatever you do dont mention that England won the World Cup in 1966 because they cant bear it , but did you know A Scottish team won the European Cup before any English team :lol:

ducati
24-Jun-10, 05:50
There's an awful lot of people going on about some kind of dodgy sunday league on here. Now shush, the grownups are playing football [lol]

Anfield
24-Jun-10, 22:16

Tell that to the citizens of Manchester, and remind me again why the scheduled match in USA between the Old Firm was cancelled.

Most loved supporters, and best spenders are the Irish (not an Aberdonian tight wad in sight).

There is a thread on main forum for best pub in Thurso to watch England v Germany. Nobody has suggested Legion club

Amy-Winehouse
25-Jun-10, 11:52
Anfield, you should know better than to slag anyones supporters for their behaviour after all who was responsible for the Heysel riots which so many Juventus fans lost their lives ???

Rangers rampage in Manchester was absolutely nothing compared to Liverpool`s night of shame in Belgium, while I agree it was shameful & our fans were embarrasing that night- our fans didnt kill anyone- yours did.

Then due to Liverpools fans disgusting behaviour, English clubs were banned out of Europe for 5 ? years. Everton didnt get the chance to play in the European cup thanks your thugs .

People in glass houses an all that

Anfield
25-Jun-10, 18:47
Anfield, you should know better than to slag anyones supporters for their behaviour after all who was responsible for the Heysel riots which so many Juventus fans lost their lives ???

Rangers rampage in Manchester was absolutely nothing compared to Liverpool`s night of shame in Belgium, while I agree it was shameful & our fans were embarrasing that night- our fans didnt kill anyone- yours did.

Then due to Liverpools fans disgusting behaviour, English clubs were banned out of Europe for 5 ? years. Everton didnt get the chance to play in the European cup thanks your thugs .

People in glass houses an all that
As someone who was at Heysel on that dreadful night I am fully aware that a small number of LFC fans were responsible for the deaths of 39, mainly Juventus fans.
What is not often reported though is that there were also a presence of the National Front, along with fans of other teams who had Union flags with their teams names on them, Rangers included. See here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/may/28/heysel-disaster-25th-anniversary)
It is also interesting that a number of hooligans convicted for their part in the deaths did not come from the Merseyside area.
Why would supporters of other teams go to watch Liverpool

I am not trying to absolve Liverpool fans of blame, as it has been well documented that fans did run at barrier which led to the crush and subsequent wall collapse.

However one has to look at the good behavior of LFC fans before that awful night and since then.

Both the City of Liverpool and LFC have made enormous efforts to rekindle the friendship with the people of Turin (home of Juventus) and a series of activities took place in Liverpool last month to commemorate 25 years of this tragedy.

A very good series of eye witness accounts to that night can be found here (http://www.redandwhitekop.com/article.php?id=480600)

Bazeye
29-Jun-10, 15:55

Hope your neck gets better.

Anfield
29-Jun-10, 18:30
Hope your neck gets better.
I strained it even further looking to see where England defence was.

Amy-Winehouse
15-Jul-10, 22:01
No

http://i31.tinypic.com/212a3p5.jpg