PDA

View Full Version : Watten Sign

Nacho
01-Jun-10, 23:49
i've passed the flagstone sign hundreds of times as i enter Watten and keep wondering what it all means ...

the fish refer to Loch Watten ..

the clock refers to Alexander Bain who invented the electric clock and was born there....

but what is the significance of the lightning symbols and the specific time on the clock (think it is 1.50/13.50) ? :confused

Leanne
01-Jun-10, 23:50
i've passed the flagstone sign hundreds of times as i enter Watten and keep wondering what it all means ...

the clock refers to Alexander Bain who invented the electric clock and was born there....

but what is the significance of the lightning symbols and the specific time on the clock (think it is 1.50/13.50) ? :confused

I always thought it was to hint that the clock was electric and not windup...

Maybe there is another deeper meaning though :)

The Angel Of Death
02-Jun-10, 09:46

Time for last drinks in the afternoon at the brown trout :)

achingale
02-Jun-10, 15:53
I think it refers to the fact it was electric too. As for the time, maybe that was when he had his eureka moment or when it first worked...Someone must know. ;)

Dadie
02-Jun-10, 15:56
The design was done by a boy in the primary school as a competition!

He had the best design and it was used for the signposts!

*simples*

oldchemist
02-Jun-10, 16:59
1:50 is often the time shown on clock & watch adverts as it looks like a smiley face.