PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Flag (Not the stone)

scotsboy
15-Jun-06, 19:41
Having spent a few days in Orkney recently I noticed that the Orkney flag is becoming more and more popular (a Red background with a yellow cross, like a St George's Cross). When I was last in Shetland I noticed they also had their own flag (same design, blue with white cross).........I reckon it would be a good idea for Caithness to have its own flag as well.......any thoughts?

Chillie
15-Jun-06, 19:55
Having spent a few days in Orkney recently I noticed that the Orkney flag is becoming more and more popular (a Red background with a yellow cross, like a St George's Cross). When I was last in Shetland I noticed they also had their own flag (same design, blue with white cross).........I reckon it would be a good idea for Caithness to have its own flag as well.......any thoughts?

Don't know about a Caithness flag, but I do know Wick has one as far as I belive.

teuchter
15-Jun-06, 20:13
Could we maybe adopt this one http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/places/images/flags/flag_sweden.giffor the near future?

MadPict
16-Jun-06, 11:54
How about .....

Blue for the skies, purple for the heather, brown for the peat and the white background to turbine blades for surrender to the new metal forests that will replace the fir trees.......

MGB1979
16-Jun-06, 12:17
Here you go:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/Tru2004//caithnessflag2.png

The grey is for the Caithness sky, the green represents our fields and play parks and the stars are the animal excrement that litters them, the white circle is for the nukular power station that puts shoes on our bairns feets.

edit: I've changed one of the stars to greyish-white to represent those petrified dog turds that you never seem to see these days.

footie chick
16-Jun-06, 12:23
our fields and play parks and the stars are the animal excrement that litters them,

There's nothing worse!

Skerries
16-Jun-06, 13:17
MGB1979, that flag is very good!
I thought the stars were particles.:lol:

changilass
16-Jun-06, 13:56
MGB1979, that flag is very good!
I thought the stars were particles.:lol:

They would have had to glow green to be particles lol