PDA

View Full Version : Whats the solution

Invisible
01-Jun-10, 18:55
I have freeview (finally) and have scanned in for channels, and I get near enough all of them apart from BBC1 and BBC2, so I rescan and lose ITV and CH4, 5ive and a whole bunch others.

My new aerial gets brilliant signal so Im not sure what im doing wrong

Kodiak
01-Jun-10, 18:57
Moonboots should be able to help you.

Liz
01-Jun-10, 19:25
When did you do the scan as Freeview was going a wee bit doolally last night so would be worth scanning again when it is okay.:D

Did you check to see what the signal strength and quality is like on each channel? The BBC channels were okay for me last night but ITV etc wasn't. Think it's this weird weather causing problems.

Tubthumper
01-Jun-10, 19:30
Sorry I posted on the wrong thread - Think I'm losing it!

ShelleyCowie
01-Jun-10, 19:35
I have freeview (finally) and have scanned in for channels, and I get near enough all of them apart from BBC1 and BBC2, so I rescan and lose ITV and CH4, 5ive and a whole bunch others.

My new aerial gets brilliant signal so Im not sure what im doing wrong

Solution - Bin it! :lol:

My solution to anything that wont work is to bin it and buy a new one!

Invisible
01-Jun-10, 19:42
When did you do the scan as Freeview was going a wee bit doolally last night so would be worth scanning again when it is okay.:D

Did you check to see what the signal strength and quality is like on each channel? The BBC channels were okay for me last night but ITV etc wasn't. Think it's this weird weather causing problems.

I scanned channels just before I put this thread up. Ill do it again when its a still day

Liz
01-Jun-10, 19:57
I scanned channels just before I put this thread up. Ill do it again when its a still day

Just checked my Freeview and it is fine just now.

You should be able to get all the channels so not sure what the problem is unless you have faulty box. What kind did you get?

I have a Humax PVR and it is great.:D

Liz
01-Jun-10, 19:58
Sorry I posted on the wrong thread - Think I'm losing it!

Ha ha. :lol:

Invisible
01-Jun-10, 20:00
Just checked my Freeview and it is fine just now.

You should be able to get all the channels so not sure what the problem is unless you have faulty box. What kind did you get?

I have a Humax PVR and it is great.:D

Got a Wharfedale DV832B - its kinda old, may just get a new one.

Liz
01-Jun-10, 20:02
Got a Wharfedale DV832B - its kinda old, may just get a new one.

Good idea as sounds like the box may be faulty.
Can you get a loan of someone's Freeview box to try it out on your telly?
Do you have a freeview tuner in your telly and, if so, what kind of reception are you getting with this?

Invisible
01-Jun-10, 20:08
Good idea as sounds like the box may be faulty.
Can you get a loan of someone's Freeview box to try it out on your telly?
Do you have a freeview tuner in your telly and, if so, what kind of reception are you getting with this?

All i have is a portable tv/dvd combi and there aint a tuner in the tv.

Liz
01-Jun-10, 22:13
I have a spare pvr which you are very welcome to try to see whether it works?
I know some people won't agree with me but I think getting a decent scart lead can make a real difference as well.
I saw a real difference when I changed from a cheap one.