PDA

View Full Version : Help i need a job!!!

celtic
01-Jun-10, 18:02
Im a 14 year old lad still in school needing a part time job? ! :D:cool:
Anyone need work doing? :D

macbreeza
02-Jun-10, 12:03
You might find it harder to get a job than you think because of no national insurance card yet, I started working when i was 14 (20years ago!) in a chippie and did it for 6 years, through high school and college, my bro used to help out through the back when he was younger than 16 too. Think there are more rules and regulations about it nowadays tho, you could ask around to see if those kind of places need help.

Good luck with your search :)

Loraine
02-Jun-10, 16:48
Where do you live? There was a notice up for a paper boy/girl in the newsagents on Princes St, Thurso.

celtic
02-Jun-10, 22:14
i live in wick :lol:
but thanks anyway

celtic
07-Jun-10, 17:17
i live in wick :lol:
but thanks anyway
could any one help !!!!

Mall67
07-Jun-10, 18:38
Leanne is looking for wardrobes built, she's been quoted £4500. I reckon you could get the job for £2000, failing that there is always a paper round or tidying folks gardens is always good at this time of year.

Leanne
07-Jun-10, 18:48
What about some of the horsey folk on here - teenage labour... What do you think of horses Celtic?

macbreeza
07-Jun-10, 20:23
Have you asked around all the local businesses? Maybe offer an hour or 2 of your time as a trial and they can make their mind up?? not a bad idea. Coming on here and saying you want a job wont drop one in your lap, if only it was that easy!

Why don't you put together a CV with your interests, subjects currently studied and the skills you can offer a potential employer such as organised, hard working, punctual, trustworthy. You could include the names and contact details of a few people who could act as a reference for you too.

These are all the things I would expect someone who wanted a job from me to do when they are 16 so it may be an idea to think along this line?

Good luck :)

Mr P Cannop
07-Jun-10, 20:29
ask at the wick co-op

Invisible
07-Jun-10, 20:51
Eh job centre?

celtic
07-Jun-10, 21:31
What about some of the horsey folk on here - teenage labour... What do you think of horses Celtic?
i dont really like horses but thanks anyway.
thanks guys for giving me ideas and yes i have been looking for jobs around the town!!:cool: