PDA

View Full Version : Planning sponsored dog walk

unicorn
31-May-10, 20:33
I am hoping to arrange a sponsored dog walk later in the year, I was looking for a bit of feedback as to anyone who would be interested in taking part.
The proceeds would be going 50-50 to combat stress, a charity that supports soldiers suffering from stress related syndromes http://www.combatstress.org.uk/
the other 50% would be going to The Belhaven trust, which is to support, promote and educate people on rabbit exhibiting in Scotland.

I had planned the walk to be from Dunnet to Dunnet head.
Any feedback or suggestions appreciated.

bustergirl
01-Jun-10, 08:37
hiya what the ahe u have to be to do it as i might be interested:)

unicorn
01-Jun-10, 09:09
Any child would have to be accompanied by an adult for safety reasons,

dragonfly
01-Jun-10, 18:07
great idea Unicorn however with it being a dog walk I wouldn't be so keen on hiking up to Dunnet Head with my dogs on leads - what about Brubster or Loch More, then those dogs who are allowed off lead can be let off and those not can walk with owners with no fear of a car coming smoking round the next bend?

unicorn
01-Jun-10, 21:10
Well one of the rules was to actualy be dogs on leads and under control at all times as there will be so many dogs that don't know each other and it could turn into a mellee.
Also othat way we know all poops will be cleaned up [lol]
There will be a car in front and a car behind all walkers at all times.

unicorn
15-Jun-10, 09:02
We are actually now thinking of doing John o groats to Duncansby head as that would be part coastal and the road would be safer.

Raven
15-Jun-10, 11:50
Great choice unicorn! Its a fantastic stretch of the coast and easy to do for dogs and owners. Trips from JoG always have a certain mementum!

demac-artist
18-Jun-10, 02:17
hi i would love to take part but not sure how i would get me and the dog up to JoG and back again from Wick.

If anyone has a solution then count me in.

Deanne
Wick

unicorn
30-Jul-10, 23:56
Ok I got word today from the police that our walk is ok, so it is all systems go. I will have sponsor forms drawn up over the next few days and anyone who can help others out with transport please post it here.
I hope we get a good turn out. It is John o groats to Duncansby head. Pm me your email addy for a sponsor form.

summer
31-Jul-10, 20:42
Hi, just wondering what date it will be?

unicorn
31-Jul-10, 22:57
Hi it will be the 19th September :D

sweetpea
02-Aug-10, 13:52
Count me in please. Excellent choice of charities.

unicorn
02-Aug-10, 14:23
Forms should be with those who have requested them, you can add a table and print them double sided if thats what you prefer.

Liz
02-Aug-10, 18:22
Afraid I won't be able to go but I'll sponsor you Unicorn.:D xx

unicorn
02-Aug-10, 18:36
Thank you very much Liz that is very kind of you :D

Liz
02-Aug-10, 19:31
Thank you very much Liz that is very kind of you :D

You are very welcome. Will pm you.:D xx

unicorn
15-Aug-10, 13:30
I have sponsor forms printed that can be posted out if necessary, Pm.

unicorn
15-Aug-10, 22:19
For those who are not org members e-mail caithnessrabbitfanciersassociation@hotmail.co.uk for a form :D

Tatbabe
27-Aug-10, 14:21
Will be moving to Halkirk in about 3-4 weeks so if it's somewhen around early October onwards ... count me in!

I have a 2y/o male greyhound called Sam.

unicorn
27-Aug-10, 17:49
Thats a shame, it's the 19th September. Your dog sounds lovely, I have 2 whippets.

unicorn
01-Sep-10, 22:11
Bump.... :D

Tatbabe
02-Sep-10, 09:00
is this post still in here when it was ages ago?

unicorn
02-Sep-10, 09:11
The walk has not happened yet, it is the 19th of September.

Bradcon
03-Sep-10, 10:32
Looking forward to it. :)