PDA

View Full Version : Festivals

Kenneth
31-May-10, 13:57
Where is everyone going this year? I suppose there will be the usual contingent heading to Rockness, but anyone planning anywhere interesting?

Can I just say.....PUKKELPOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bazeye
31-May-10, 15:03
Glastonbury with my two nephews and their pals.

Jeid
31-May-10, 15:08
PUKKELPOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? Looks fairly average to me..

Kenneth
31-May-10, 15:25
Aye but there is the added novelty of it being abroad! Something different ya know!

Three of my favourite bands are there thought - Fanfarlo, Stornoway and Miike Snow.

Also, Mumford and Sons, Hot Chip, White Lies, Two Door Cinema Club will be there too...but its all about the LIMP BIZKIT BABY!!!

Any fests yersel Jeid?

Jeid
31-May-10, 17:12
Nah, No festivals this year. I like the idea of festivals, seeing as many bands as you can in a short period of time whilst trying to discover new ones, get drunk, have a laugh and live in a field for a few days.

Fact is, it's not really my cup of tea. I'd rather go to a small venue and see a great band, buy a t-shirt or something, and go home to my bed, or a bed at least.

Invisible
31-May-10, 20:06

and why are Biffy Clyro so far down the list

loganbiffy
31-May-10, 21:21
I love going to festivals, sadly this year there isn't a line-up that really makes me want to go to one. If I had to pick one it would be Download for bands like Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, Deftones, and Rage Against The Machine. That would be about it though.

the_big_mac
31-May-10, 23:05
Download for me biy. Next week too :cool:

buddyrich
01-Jun-10, 09:18
I'm like jeid. I really don't like the idea of a cold weekend camping anywhere, let alone somewhere that has massive queues, horrific toilets and everythings overpriced. If I was staying in a hotel nearby though then it'd be good to see a multi band lineup if some of my faves were appearing. Metallica at Milton Keynes, Jesus 11 years ago, was a good festival.

Soundgarden at lollapalooza. Maybe I should sell everything and go.

Blast!
01-Jun-10, 10:02

Some brilliant bands listed in the smallprint to be fair though I don't know if they justify flying out the country for.

But just LOOK at the headliners: Placebo? The Prodigy? Blink 182? Limp Bizkit? What's that all about? have we been warped back to 2000? Jesus wept.

I suppose it would mean all the mongs would be at the main stage(s) and not crowding out the smaller ones where all good bands take residence.

openminder
01-Jun-10, 11:36
I am going rockness, and cana wait thats the whole idea of having fun the camping, the good or bad weather, the fun and excitement of listening to the great bands,, and waking up with a hangover in a tent,, oh no!!:Razz:confused

Ramsay777
01-Jun-10, 12:28
Rockness for me, first festival and "real" gig!

Wasn't too excited to begin with, but Flood of Red, Canterbury and Excerts being recently announced, has put a little bit more "Rock" in "Rockness".

Really looking forward to Pendulum, hopefully they play plenty off the new album!

highbury
08-Jun-10, 12:18
rhythm festival for me, but then I stay down south !
http://www.rhythmfestival.net/

loganbiffy
08-Jun-10, 13:07
Rockness for me, first festival and "real" gig!

Wasn't too excited to begin with, but Flood of Red, Canterbury and Excerts being recently announced, has put a little bit more "Rock" in "Rockness".

Yeah man, that's my only criticism of RockNess, there always seems to be more dance than rock. I had a great time last year, only saw about 3 artists I was interested in but the experience was cool.

Kenneth
08-Jun-10, 14:51
If anyone goes to Rockness, please go and see Doves!!!

Best British band of the last 15 years IMO

Yeah you heard me!!

Ramsay777
08-Jun-10, 22:36
If anyone goes to Rockness, please go and see Doves!!!

Best British band of the last 15 years IMO

Yeah you heard me!!

Dear Lord....

Kenneth
08-Jun-10, 22:47
I feel like I should have to correct you here Ramsdowg, I challenge you to find a bad review of Doves. They are a consistently great band!!

Canterbury looked alright, wouldnt have minded seein them when they were in Skins...I hear the Excerts are good too, dunno if I'd like them though...

Jeid
08-Jun-10, 23:10
Just because they don't have a bad review, doesn't mean they're great. Besides, The Last Broadcast was pish.

You're so ginger sometimes, it makes me want to hurt myself.

loganbiffy
09-Jun-10, 00:22
I agree, not having a bad review doesn't make you great. I find the Doves boring and repetitive. Best British band in last 15 years? Absolutely not. :)

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Jun-10, 13:39
Get yersels doon to The Insider in Cairngorm Mountain Park. :)

www.insider2010.com

Inshriach House, Ord Ban and the Old Bridge are back with another weekend of fine food, fun and frivolity in the woods of Inshriach. An eggy batter comprised of the finest folk and contemporary music is being expertly whisked to provide the crispy shell into which the greatest party Aviemore has ever seen will be poured, ready for frying in the summer sun.

The full Line up - in no particular order (well, in alphabetical order).

ADMIRAL FALLOW, ANDREA MARINI, ALASDAIR ROBERTS, ASTROBOY, THE BANANA SESSIONS, BEECAKE, BILLY WOODS, BOB HILARY & MASSIVE MELLOW, THE BONFIRE BAND, THE BOY WHO TRAPPED THE SUN, BLACK HAND GANG, BRAWTH, THE BREAKS, CHARLIE MCKERRON, CHRIS BRADLEY, CLAES CEM, DAIMH, DAVID TUNSTALL, THE DIRTY KEYS, DOLPHIN BOY, DONNA MACIOCIA, EARL GREY AND LOOSE LEAVES, FOXGANG, THE FRENCH WIVES, GARY HAMILTON, GECKO 3, GOJAR, GWENNIE, HANK DOGS, THE HIDDEN ORCHESTRA, HORNDOGS BRASS BAND, THE HUNDRED METRE CLUB, IAN MCLAUGHLIN, THE INJUNS, JACK SANDISON, JAMES BROWN IS ANNIE, JIM MCATEER, JO MANGO, JOHN KNOX SEX CLUB, JOHN LANGAN, KETTLE OF KITES, KILL IT KID, KING ARTHURS MEN, LITTLE EYE, THE LITTLE KICKS, MACMASTER & HAY, MAFRO - MATT BENNET, MAMMALS, MARY HAMPTON, MICHEAL MCLENNAN, MIKE & SOLVEIG, MIKE & GEORGIE HERON, MIKE NISBET, MR SMITH, NIGHTWORKS, OLDWICK, OVER THE WALL, OWEN S & CO, RACHEL SERMANNI, REVERE, RISE KAGONA, ROBIN ADAMS, SCHNAPPS, SEAN HARRISON, SPARROW & THE WORKSHOP, STAGGER RATS, STEVEN MILNE, THREE BLIND WOLVES, TREMBLING BELLS, WASHINGTON IRVING, WOODENBOX, WOODLAND ORCHESTRA, and WRONG ISLAND.

Not to mention boat rides, welly wanging, cocktails, woodworking, facepainting, yurts, tipis and belltents, amazing local food and drink, a huge campsite by the river, lots of lovely folks, massive midges, campfires and an amazing new stage in the woods.

Why 4 days? On the Thursday we are working with the Cairngorms National Park on a Festival of Firewood. It will be about renewable resources with a side order of charcoal making, bushcraft, choosing, stacking and storing wood, turning and carving, with a few short talks from the EST and forestry about grants, foragers licenses and woodburners.
There will be a woodland orchestra, some yurts, a bar until 10, fine food and a big fire and we might persuade a few of the early arrivals for the Insider to take up their instruments and join in.

Its free and open to the public as well as Insider ticket holders, Insider ticket holders can camp but we have schools in during the afternoon so PLEASE ARRIVE AFTER 4.

So come and sleep with a spider, drink organic cider; be carefree, dance and be merry. Yep, its the Insider.

zebedy
09-Jun-10, 22:28
The Xcerts - main stage 12 30pm.... I'd advise not to miss out Kenneth.

Kenneth
11-Jun-10, 21:33
Well of course they aren't going to be everyone's tastes. Hence the 'in my opinion' bit! I think they are a cracking band...fantastic live!

Jeid when I look at you its like tearing my own eyeballs out, spewing on them, then putting them back in, the wrong way round!!