PDA

View Full Version : Formation of local spiritual group?

daviddd
14-Jun-06, 19:35
I have been thinking for some time about testing the water regarding the setting-up of a spititual group in the area and wondered if there were others that might be interested too.

What I had in mind is a non-denominational discussion group (from Buddhism to Sun-God worshipping - or no religious connection at all) without individuals banging the drum and seeking converts. For example I have practised yoga for several years - mostly for health and fitness to be honest! - but have become interested in the wider spiritual aspects such as meditation and the purpose of life. It would be interesting to meet like-minded people and learn about their spiritual practice, and hopefully all could benefit.

If there are a few interested enough to meet up I could arrange a suitable venue (someone's house?!) and we could meet and see how it goes. If it's successful we could arrange regular monthly meetings.

PM me if you are interested or even curious - absolutely no pressure (I am not evangelising!) and confidentiality respected if required.

Daviddd

daviddd
16-Jun-06, 21:06
I've had a few people interested but I'm sure there are quite a few more in Caithness interested in spiritual issues? Please PM me.

pultneytooner
16-Jun-06, 21:26
I have been thinking for some time about testing the water regarding the setting-up of a spititual group in the area and wondered if there were others that might be interested too.

What I had in mind is a non-denominational discussion group (from Buddhism to Sun-God worshipping - or no religious connection at all) without individuals banging the drum and seeking converts. For example I have practised yoga for several years - mostly for health and fitness to be honest! - but have become interested in the wider spiritual aspects such as meditation and the purpose of life. It would be interesting to meet like-minded people and learn about their spiritual practice, and hopefully all could benefit.

If there are a few interested enough to meet up I could arrange a suitable venue (someone's house?!) and we could meet and see how it goes. If it's successful we could arrange regular monthly meetings.

PM me if you are interested or even curious - absolutely no pressure (I am not evangelising!) and confidentiality respected if required.

Daviddd
How about a live your life as a good person, group.