PDA

View Full Version : Saving Photos From PowerPoint?

Zambo
14-Jun-06, 19:20
Hi everyone.

I'm being really stupid here! I have a Powerpoint Presentation on CD - I'm trying to save the photos on it, so that I can have them printed.

What is the best way to go about this? I have copied and pasted them, but can only do this in Microsoft Word, so then they just come up as documents, not jpg files. I've tried to change it, but no luck so far. I know this is probably really easy, but I'm having one of those evenings, so thought I'd ask for help!

fred
14-Jun-06, 21:26
Hi everyone.

I'm being really stupid here! I have a Powerpoint Presentation on CD - I'm trying to save the photos on it, so that I can have them printed.

What is the best way to go about this? I have copied and pasted them, but can only do this in Microsoft Word, so then they just come up as documents, not jpg files. I've tried to change it, but no luck so far. I know this is probably really easy, but I'm having one of those evenings, so thought I'd ask for help!

Can you save as a HTML file in word? You can in office, then the text and graphics are split and saved to the same folder.

If you can't save as html and don't have office you can download openoffice free from http://www.openoffice.org/ that will do the job.

blueivy
14-Jun-06, 23:21
Zambo,

Easiest way to do it is:

Right click on the pic withn PowerPoint and select Copy from the popup menu.
Go to Start->Run and type MSPAINT and click OK.
When MSPAINT starts go to Edit->Paste and the pic will appear.
Go to File->Save As and change the Save as type to something more suitable than a BMP (which can be huge). Try using a JPEG.Let me know if this works for you.

Zambo
14-Jun-06, 23:40
Thanks for the help everyone.

I have finally managed to sort it out! Blueivy - that works perfectly. Wish I'd known that a few hours ago!

Thanks again for all the help.

blueivy
15-Jun-06, 00:03
Hi Zambo,

Glad that worked for you ...