PDA

View Full Version : Stv-hd

carrepairman
30-May-10, 09:16
For those who have $ky HD STV-HD will appear on the EPG during the next week, It can also be added via the other channels menu using the following settings: 10.935 V SR22000 FEC 5/6 and has the ident of 3855.
Although this is a test broadcast they are currently showing the current STV schedule.

Macwull
30-May-10, 09:19
Thanks was wondering just last nite how they were getting on with it.

Kodiak
30-May-10, 12:22
For those who have $ky HD STV-HD will appear on the EPG during the next week, It can also be added via the other channels menu using the following settings: 10.935 V SR22000 FEC 5/6 and has the ident of 3855.
Although this is a test broadcast they are currently showing the current STV schedule.

If you are going to use this method when adding the channel then you must put in 3855 when chosing the channel. The best way to add ITV1 in HD I have listed below :-

Press services

Then scroll along to add Channels

Then put in this info
H,
5/6.

Then Press yellow Button to search

It will search and then it will give you a window with several Channels including ITV1 HD choose the channel/s you want, Highlight the channel and press yellow button to select, then when finished press select.

To access channel you do this

Press Services, Press Select, Press 5, Press Select, Pick the channel you want then press Select.

You should then have ITV1 HD but you can not Pause or record and you can only watch Live.

Happy Guy
30-May-10, 12:42
Does anyone know if it will be on FreeSat as well. At the moment I watch ITV HD by resetting my postcode on free sat to one in the Anglia TV region?

carrepairman
30-May-10, 13:17
Does anyone know if it will be on FreeSat as well. At the moment I watch ITV HD by resetting my postcode on free sat to one in the Anglia TV region?

Yes it will, STV have said they want it to be available before the start of the world cup on June the 11th, on freesat and sky and also on freeview but that will only be on the Blackhill transmitter area for the time being.

You should be able to access STV-HD via the tuning menu of your sat box now and store it as aseperate channel until it comes on to the epg.
The only problem that may rear its head is that when STV-HD comes onto the epg is that if you want to watch something that is on ITV-HD but not on STV-HD [eg The bill] then you would have to alter your postcode.

Ovbiously I am not familiar with your model of freesat box, but on my Technosat HD sat box I now have ITV-HD1 and STV-HD side by side in the channel list and can swap between the two when ITV is showing a different program.

Happy Guy
30-May-10, 13:23
Yes it will, STV have said they want it to be available before the start of the world cup on June the 11th, on freesat and sky and also on freeview but that will only be on the Blackhill transmitter area for the time being.

You should be able to access STV-HD via the tuning menu of your sat box now and store it as aseperate channel until it comes on to the epg.
The only problem that may rear its head is that when STV-HD comes onto the epg is that if you want to watch something that is on ITV-HD but not on STV-HD [eg The bill] then you would have to alter your postcode.

Ovbiously I am not familiar with your model of freesat box, but on my Technosat HD sat box I now have ITV-HD1 and STV-HD side by side in the channel list and can swap between the two when ITV is showing a different program.

Oh Ok I will go back and reset to my KW postcone and re-tune to see if I get both now. Thanks

jimbews
30-May-10, 13:59
My experience with Foxsat-HD:
There is supposed to be a separate channel number for STV-HD, but we don't get that yet in the STV region.
If you search for a complete channel list it will add all the regional variations in the 900's. What I do then is to delete all of the extra channels except one for each supplier, so I have BBC One London, ITV-wherever in England, etc.
At that point I also delete all the extra channels that I would never watch (it makes for easier channel surfing :lol: ).
Then if you select the normal BBC-1 you just need to go down one or more channels to get the regional variation you want.
For ITV-HD then watch ITV and press the red button.
Shame we don't yet have the separate channel, because judging by BBC-HD the difference can be amazing.

I did try to manually add the extra channel to the Foxsat: it does that OK, but puts the channel in the 5000's and you have to go to the menu to toggle between the Freesat (101 -> 999) and non-Freesat (5000+) channels. I do make use of the non-Freesat mode (I look at other satellites using a motorised dish) but it is way too much hassle for ordinary use.

Happy Guy
30-May-10, 20:43
My experience with Foxsat-HD:
There is supposed to be a separate channel number for STV-HD, but we don't get that yet in the STV region.
If you search for a complete channel list it will add all the regional variations in the 900's. What I do then is to delete all of the extra channels except one for each supplier, so I have BBC One London, ITV-wherever in England, etc.
At that point I also delete all the extra channels that I would never watch (it makes for easier channel surfing :lol: ).
Then if you select the normal BBC-1 you just need to go down one or more channels to get the regional variation you want.
For ITV-HD then watch ITV and press the red button.
Shame we don't yet have the separate channel, because judging by BBC-HD the difference can be amazing.

I did try to manually add the extra channel to the Foxsat: it does that OK, but puts the channel in the 5000's and you have to go to the menu to toggle between the Freesat (101 -> 999) and non-Freesat (5000+) channels. I do make use of the non-Freesat mode (I look at other satellites using a motorised dish) but it is way too much hassle for ordinary use.
Hmm Thanks, tried this and I get all the BBC regional variations in the 900's but no ITV regions? I guess I will just have to wait till STV offer HD

revooh1
14-Jun-10, 16:17
to happyguy,
channel 977 is ITV1 on your freesat EPG. if you want ITV1 HD and retain BBC Scotland on 101 and 102 you should enter a Borders postcode not an Anglia TV one. TD8 6AQ is the High Street in Jedburgh. I have added STV HD on other channels menu using the data in an earleir message 10936, V, 22000, 5/6, ( I think from memory)