PDA

View Full Version : Citizen cards

highlander
29-May-10, 21:46
The goverment have said they are no longer going ahead with the I.D. cards, and yes moi just got her citizen card, so does this mean that anyone now going on the ferry to orkney will now need a passport lol its going to now be a blooming pest as eastern airways were happy to accept the citizen cards, grrrrrrrrrrr

Kodiak
29-May-10, 22:05
Last year we wanted to go to Edinburgh to visit our Son, Wife and their Kids. Since I am not so good on my Legs and the travel by either car or the train would have been too much for me we thought that flying down would be a good idea.

We made enquiries about flights prices etc. We was just about to book when we was informed that to fly from Wick to Edinburgh we both would need to show our Passports before getting onboard. When I advised them that we did not have Passports as we do not go abroad, we was told that we could not fly. When I asked why we required Passports for an internal flight and were not going through Customs I was advised and I quote them :-

"For all we know you could be terrorists, we can not accept you unless you have Passports"

So we never did get to see our Grand Daughters last year. :(

highlander
29-May-10, 22:18
Thats a shame you did not manage to get down to see your grandchild, the passport i have was bought 31years ago, we have no intention of going abroad again so thought it was more simple to have the citizen card, when i did enquire how i went about getting another, i was told at the post office to say i have never had one, now someone correct me if i am wrong please, but if i did say that, one.......... would they not have it on record that i have, and two... do you not have to go for an interview if you are applying for a new one?

davie
29-May-10, 22:22
"For all we know you could be terrorists, we can not accept you unless you have Passports"

That is another crazy 'rule' brought in by airline jobsworths. Any photographic id should be sufficient.
From what I read in the press bona fide terrorists are more liable to have a British passport than most Caithnessians :~(

ducati
29-May-10, 22:25
Last year we wanted to go to Edinburgh to visit our Son, Wife and their Kids. Since I am not so good on my Legs and the travel by either car or the train would have been too much for me we thought that flying down would be a good idea.

We made enquiries about flights prices etc. We was just about to book when we was informed that to fly from Wick to Edinburgh we both would need to show our Passports before getting onboard. When I advised them that we did not have Passports as we do not go abroad, we was told that we could not fly. When I asked why we required Passports for an internal flight and were not going through Customs I was advised and I quote them :-

Any photo ID should do. I have flown with my driving licence (I don't have a passport either).

highlander
29-May-10, 22:26
so very true davie, pity they could not come up with an idea of a cheaper passport for just internal flights

ducati
29-May-10, 22:28
so very true davie, pity they could not come up with an idea of a cheaper passport for just internal flights

:eek::eek::eek:

highlander
29-May-10, 22:31
lol whats that mean ducati, i thought it was a brill idea lol

ducati
29-May-10, 22:33
lol whats that mean ducati, i thought it was a brill idea lol

Just the idea you need to apply for a passport to go to Aberdeen [lol]

highlander
29-May-10, 22:41
lol know what you mean, i thought it was funnier that you would need a passport to go to orkney lol

Phill
29-May-10, 22:45
Isn't the citizen card thing completely different to the National ID card scheme.

And a real proper pishtake as the hike in passport fees was to pay for the ID scheme which has been cancelled (rightly cancelled in my view but the costs have still been accounted for).

highlander
29-May-10, 22:46
when i went through security check, the blooming bells and lights started flashing, got frisked, now i know i was not carrying anything, the woman let me threw, it played on my mind since then what made it do that, the only thing i could think of, i still had my wristband with my information on that i got from the hospital on me, it has a barcode on it, wonder if that was it, going to leave it on me next time i am down, just to see if thats what is setting it off lol

highlander
29-May-10, 22:47
hecks i hope you are right phill, i was not sure if this was the same thing

pegasus
29-May-10, 22:48
Isn't the citizen card thing completely different to the National ID card scheme.

And a real proper pishtake as the hike in passport fees was to pay for the ID scheme which has been cancelled (rightly cancelled in my view but the costs have still been accounted for).
a bit like income tax then wehich was introduced to pay for some war in 17?? and then just stays put

highlander
29-May-10, 22:55
holy cremolie, why do you have to bring the war into this lol you seem to have a fassonation about it

pegasus
29-May-10, 23:00
holy cremolie, why do you have to bring the war into this lol you seem to have a fassonation about it
ok what about road tax that was introduced to fill pot holles and then gets used to pay for
:lol:

highlander
29-May-10, 23:02
for? go on ...go on........go on....... tell me what? im sure you are bursting to tell us lol

fred
29-May-10, 23:04
a bit like income tax then wehich was introduced to pay for some war in 17?? and then just stays put

And like the government's plans to take the roads, which we own and have paid for with the road tax on our vehicles, which we already pay to drive on with the exorbitant tax on fuel and sell them to a bank so they can charge us to drive on them again.

Philip Hammond, the Conservative transport secretary, and Vince Cable, the Liberal Democrat business secretary, are said to be weighing up a proposal by the investment bank NM Rothschild to privatise the nation's motorways and trunk roads.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/7756596/Coalition-considers-plan-to-sell-off-Britains-roads.html

pegasus
29-May-10, 23:07
for? go on ...go on........go on....... tell me what? im sure you are bursting to tell us lol
aaaaaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i cant
:lol:

highlander
29-May-10, 23:08
Lol lol lol

pegasus
29-May-10, 23:10
And like the government's plans to take the roads, which we own and have paid for with the road tax on our vehicles, which we already pay to drive on with the exorbitant tax on fuel and sell them to a bank so they can charge us to drive on them again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/7756596/Coalition-considers-plan-to-sell-off-Britains-roads.html

o this is so tempting fred. i must desist i must desist i m
alsdjfhoWIUEYLJWK4JBPWH
(fuses blown)

fred
29-May-10, 23:38
o this is so tempting fred. i must desist i must desist i m
alsdjfhoWIUEYLJWK4JBPWH
(fuses blown)

And that exorbitant tax on fuel we already pay to drive on the roads, the vast majority of the price of every litre...they charge us VAT on... they even make us pay tax on the taxes we pay.

bekisman
30-May-10, 17:08
The goverment have said they are no longer going ahead with the I.D. cards, and yes moi just got her citizen card, so does this mean that anyone now going on the ferry to orkney will now need a passport lol its going to now be a blooming pest as eastern airways were happy to accept the citizen cards, grrrrrrrrrrr

Often wondered why for the Northlink's Scrabster to Orkney ferry you must have photographic ID, and yet the Pentland Ferry; Gills to Orkney you don't? (or the John O Groats to Orkney one) :confused

pegasus
30-May-10, 17:23

did you note who the proposal to sell our roads was by?!;)

Murdina Bug
30-May-10, 20:17
Often wondered why for the Northlink's Scrabster to Orkney ferry you must have photographic ID, and yet the Pentland Ferry; Gills to Orkney you don't? (or the John O Groats to Orkney one) :confused

It's because Scrabster is an International port - ferries can (or did) go to/from other countries thus meaning passport control was required. As to why they can't relax that for ferries going to Orkney I don't have the answer!

fred
30-May-10, 22:01
did you note who the proposal to sell our roads was by?!;)

Oh yes, yes indeed.

The UK has a national debt of £910 billion.

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

We have committed ourselves to £850 billion to bail out the banks after they seriously screwed up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

To raise part of the money the government is going to sell our roads...to a bank.

Neat, ain't it?

pegasus
30-May-10, 23:21
Oh yes, yes indeed.

The UK has a national debt of £910 billion.

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

We have committed ourselves to £850 billion to bail out the banks after they seriously screwed up.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/163850bn-official-cost-of-the-bank-bailout-1833830.html

To raise part of the money the government is going to sell our roads...to a bank.

Neat, ain't it?
so the people who own the central banks ar egoing to buy our property for pennies in the poind? then they will crash the money that they print from thin air and we are left with nothing and they have property, land, businesses. you name it
i learning quick.
neat scam!

fred
31-May-10, 08:40
so the people who own the central banks ar egoing to buy our property for pennies in the poind? then they will crash the money that they print from thin air and we are left with nothing and they have property, land, businesses. you name it
i learning quick.
neat scam!

I started a thread on the subject back in 2007 when the crisis was just beginning, it might interest you.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=32557

highlander
31-May-10, 12:11
i started this thread about citizen cards, fred annd pegasus what are you two wittering on about banks etc etc this is totally off this topic, now both get yere bums on the naughty steps

bekisman
31-May-10, 16:42
i started this thread about citizen cards, fred annd pegasus what are you two wittering on about banks etc etc this is totally off this topic, now both get yere bums on the naughty steps

Have to agree with you there highlander - did seem to go off at a tangent..

We use our Citizen Cards regularly - Mrs Beks used it recently when asking at the B&Q Service desk for a diamond card; over 60's 10% discount - told she was 'too young'.. also use it for easyJet who accepts CitizenCard as a valid form of positive photographic ID on UK domestic services.

(The CitizenCard scheme was set up to establish a forgeproof, widely-accepted proof of age and personal identification, and is supported by the Government, the police, and many retailers. The service is free to anyone under 18 years old, and just £5 for adults. In addition, if you need photographic ID in a hurry, CitizenCard also offer an urgent service, allowing you to obtain your card in three working days for an additional administration fee of just £10. This is the only way of obtaining photographic ID so quickly - apart from going direct to an passport issuing office, which will set you back £75!)
http://www.citizencard.com/ (http://www.citizencard.com/)

fred
31-May-10, 16:52

Sorry Highlander, drifted a bit.