PDA

View Full Version : The forum

Tighsonas4
29-May-10, 20:16
is it only me or has anyone else noticed the decline of anythingof any value on the org this last while
it used to be the first place for a quick [look see]but the good old days seem to have gone .and taken many members with it
only MY opinion so dont bother coming back shirky to me as .AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED HERE ENDS THE LESSON tony

DeHaviLand
29-May-10, 20:20
is it only me or has anyone else noticed the decline of anythingof any value on the org this last while
it used to be the first place for a quick [look see]but the good old days seem to have gone .and taken many members with it
only MY opinion so dont bother coming back shirky to me as .AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED HERE ENDS THE LESSON tony

I agree Tony, its going rapidly downhill, and before long everyone who ever posts anything even remotely coherent will have gone off to pastures new.

Tubthumper
29-May-10, 20:21
Nah, it'll go quiet, then it'll build up again.

pegasus
29-May-10, 20:23
Let's hope it will improve! ;)

sassylass
29-May-10, 20:24
Tubthumper has it right, forums always have ebb and flow.

Tighsonas4
29-May-10, 20:28
Tubthumper has it right, forums always have ebb and flow.
trouble is there seems far more ebb than flow sl [lol] tony

Angela
29-May-10, 20:29

Amen to that, Tony. I used to pop in on a daily basis -often several times a day. I don't often look in now and very seldom find a thread that takes my fancy or inspires me to post.

Mostly I just feel a great sense of weariness........:(

So it isn't only you! ;)

cherokee
29-May-10, 20:32
I agree with Tony and Angela...... sad times on here :(

upolian
29-May-10, 21:51
Next org night out could be interesting [lol]

balto
29-May-10, 21:56
totally agree, thats why i dont really bother anymore, i used to love posting on the org, but so many of the good posters have gone.

Moira
29-May-10, 22:10

No, it's not only you Tony. I've noticed it too.

Let's hope, in the best Caithness spirit, that better days are a-coming! :D

davem
29-May-10, 22:37
As in life generally there are a broad range of people on here. Some who make your spirit soar some who do exactly the opposite. The trick is (not always achieved) to enjoy the positives and let the rest wash over. Pity that some good people have left, hopefully they are just keeping their heads below the parapet. Still a positive place to be despite a minority of people to whom harshness comes a little too easily.

teenybash
30-May-10, 01:58
Sad to see familiar names disappearing one by one, but who can blame them.....the org has certainly changed and not for the better....lets hope there are better times ahead.....otherwise?????:confused

Shabbychic
30-May-10, 12:28
Why don't all the orgers who find there are no interesting posts, start posting some? Don't wait for somebody else to do it, do it yourself. :)

porshiepoo
30-May-10, 13:01
Completely agree.
The amount of times I've typed a reply and then cancelled it rather than post it because I wasn't really interested in the thread in the first place.

I'm sure there are many good threads on here still, it's just they're few and far between now. Plus I think more and more people are considering whether it's worth the backlash their reply might react. Replies tend to have to be considered and edited before posting nowadays. Gone are the days of reactive posting and IMO those were the postings that made for good reading.

To prove a point I've edited this reply 3 times so far before posting because although it's a benign topic I'm very aware of what can be read between the lines. Makes posts and posting much more boring I'm afraid and I post a lot less because of it.

fred
30-May-10, 13:25
Why don't all the orgers who find there are no interesting posts, start posting some? Don't wait for somebody else to do it, do it yourself. :)

Then you too can have personal abuse and accusations heaped on you by those who don't share your opinions. You can have people pointing at you saying "why do you care about that what are your motives?" and "how come you post about that and not this?" by people who have no idea what guilt by association means. You can have people post garbage and the same purposely over large pictures over and over again so even people who share your interest will be reluctant to wade through the garbage in the hope of finding an on topic post.

Boozeburglar
30-May-10, 13:37
Cheers Fred, this thread needed a lift.

trix
30-May-10, 14:03
i da get what all 'iss talk aboot 'e forum bein rubbish is aboot...

i think its fine.

who are these beeg names that are leavin? i read last nite that mr little has left an i think he is a man o' his word, il miss his posts :(

who else hes left? reigheid...but 'at wis ages ago. i hed 'e pleasure o' meetin him 'e ither nite, along wi' some ithers.

i must be missin oot on a whole lot.

i da ken tigh, some posts make me laugh oot loud, some make me cringe. is 'at no what its all aboot?? who wants all sweetness an light all 'e time?

forum bullies an trolls?? :roll: must be over ma heid.

Shabbychic
30-May-10, 14:17
Then you too can have personal abuse and accusations heaped on you by those who don't share your opinions. You can have people pointing at you saying "why do you care about that what are your motives?" and "how come you post about that and not this?" by people who have no idea what guilt by association means. You can have people post garbage and the same purposely over large pictures over and over again so even people who share your interest will be reluctant to wade through the garbage in the hope of finding an on topic post.

If posts are abusive, report them. If someone wants to know what my motives are, or ask why I post about this, not that, and ask in a reasonable manner, I'll answer them, or ignore them as the case may be. Garbage posts and large pictures, which are a deliberate attempt to disrupt a thread, can again be reported. (see forum rules)

Don't give up so easy. Stand up to the forum disruptors and bullies. If everybody did that, the detractors wouldn't last long.

crayola
30-May-10, 14:25
If posts are abusive, report them. If someone wants to know what my motives are, or ask why I post about this, not that, and ask in a reasonable manner, I'll answer them, or ignore them as the case may be. Garbage posts and large pictures, which are a deliberate attempt to disrupt a thread, can again be reported. (see forum rules)

Don't give up so easy. Stand up to the forum disruptors and bullies. If everybody did that, the detractors wouldn't last long.
That sums up my approach to the forum.

sandyr1
30-May-10, 14:34

Well said.......we choose what we say and we can also choose what we read...I feel that some of the 'big' posters arn't really as literate as they think they are. Plain language, in the proper context shows who we are...Well these is one exception.....

Trix..and even tho I am frae Kaitness, a hev till read every word! Kinda neat! I think you get everyone's undivided attention

patsy1
30-May-10, 14:37
well being new l dont know what it was like before but l am so thankful to the site as it welcomed my family and l and helped us with contacting people for different things that l would have never found or maybe ever met.:D

Shabbychic
30-May-10, 14:44
well being new l dont know what it was like before but l am so thankful to the site as it welcomed my family and l and helped us with contacting people for different things that l would have never found or maybe ever met.:D

Welcome Patsy. There is nothing wrong with the org. It does have it's ups and downs, but there are always friendly, helpful folks on here, and I bet there are many communities throughout the UK that would love a site like this. :)

Margaret M.
30-May-10, 15:24
I have been here for a number of years and complaints about the forum and about each other go back as long as I can remember. I just take it as it comes and to be honest I don’t see much of a change over the years. The tone of the forum reflects the views of the people who are generating the greatest number of posts. If you want to change the tone, start posting.

Determining the quality and value of a post is very subjective. What you may consider poor quality, I may thoroughly enjoy and vice versa.

crayola
30-May-10, 15:32

Don't give up so easy. Stand up to the forum disruptors and bullies. If everybody did that, the detractors wouldn't last long.Absolutely.

I have no time for those who post with twisted logic and then girn when they are ripped to shreds by bigots and clear thinkers alike. Nor do I have much respect for the latter when they whinge and storm off in a huff after engaging with self-obsessed clowns.

pegasus
30-May-10, 17:13
I have been here for a number of years and complaints about the forum and about each other go back as long as I can remember. I just take it as it comes and to be honest I don’t see much of a change over the years. The tone of the forum reflects the views of the people who are generating the greatest number of posts. If you want to change the tone, start posting.

Determining the quality and value of a post is very subjective. What you may consider poor quality, I may thoroughly enjoy and vice versa.
Absolutely!

weel said from someone i see has been here a ;ong time

+1

unicorn
30-May-10, 17:24
It's pretty much the same every year at this time, I think it's the end of a long winter type syndrome and everyone is getting on everyone elses nerves.
It looks up when the sun comes out [lol]

The Drunken Duck
30-May-10, 17:49
"I think we should just lift off and nuke the whole site from Orbit. Its the only way to be sure."

Warrant Officer Ellen Ripley, Aliens, 1986.

:D

Bazeye
30-May-10, 18:18
Why not make the org into a Big Brother type format. Every week you vote for someone and whoever gets the most votes is banned or suspended.

porshiepoo
30-May-10, 18:32
Why not make the org into a Big Brother type format. Every week you vote for someone and whoever gets the most votes is banned or suspended.

[lol] That's actually not a bad idea. [lol]

ducati
30-May-10, 20:33
There has been that much tripe posted here the last few days I think I'll give it a rest for a bit :Razz

Blarney
30-May-10, 20:33
Ha ha! That's maybe exactly what it needs - REAL audience participation!

ducati
01-Jun-10, 07:17
There has been that much tripe posted here the last few days I think I'll give it a rest for a bit :Razz

Well... I tried, then the bloomin' Israelis waded in. :eek: Closely followed by our Jackbooted heroes [lol]

When you start quoting yourself that probably is an indication you need a rest

bekisman
01-Jun-10, 09:34
Well... I tried, then the bloomin' Israelis waded in. :eek: Closely followed by our Jackbooted heroes [lol]

When you start quoting yourself that probably is an indication you need a rest

Know what you mean I went wibble wibble, but could not resist ;)

Anfield
01-Jun-10, 14:37
"..I'm sure there are many good threads on here still, it's just they're few and far between now. Plus I think more and more people are considering whether it's worth the backlash their reply might react. Replies tend to have to be considered and edited before posting nowadays. Gone are the days of reactive posting and IMO those were the postings that made for good reading..

Plus you also have to consider before posting if your reply might offend OP or Mods, who may then decide to close thread early

Turquoise
01-Jun-10, 16:13
There do seem to be a lot of political threads on the go and that's bound to stir things up in any social situation. There needs to be a bit more light hearted banter and laughter on here. Summer is on it's way and surely the lighter nights will bring some happiness back to the Org :Razz

Excuse me, I'm off to make some daisy chains and smile away to myself :D