PDA

View Full Version : Beyond words.

unicorn
29-May-10, 15:43
Having just read this story I am absolutely blown away by how stupid and vile our world seems to have become.
How can a game be more important that rearing a precious gift from god.

An internet-addicted South Korean couple have been found guilty of letting their baby starve to death as they played online.
They spent most of their days at an internet cafe raising a virtual daughter in an online game instead of caring for their baby. The three-month-old died last September.
The husband, 41, and the wife, 25, were given two years in prison. The wife's term was suspended because she is pregnant with a second child.
Earlier this year, the South Korean government said there were two million "internet addicts" in the nation, which is considered one of the world's most technologically wired.

Valerie Campbell
29-May-10, 15:50
That's terrible! I know I like to surf but my family's welfare would always come before the net. I fail to understand how people could neglect their children and I hope the couple get exactly what they deserve.

pegasus
29-May-10, 15:59
So teribbly ironic that this couple spent their time raising their internet child called, Anima and neglected their own. If not used peoperly virtul life is dangerous, adictive. Cyberworld creates a fantasy that the object on the other end is real. how very traggic! :~(

Margaret M.
29-May-10, 16:24
Having just read this story I am absolutely blown away by how stupid and vile our world seems to have become.

But stupidity, vileness and child neglect is not what we have become, all of those have been around forever. Neglect is neglect, it makes little difference if they were on the internet playing games, sitting in a bar or partaking in any other activity that prevented them from caring for their child.

unicorn
29-May-10, 16:34
That is very true, maybe we just hear more about it these days.
I think the whole irony of the case is what just shocks me to the core.

series2A
29-May-10, 16:43
Found enough time to make a second